Finally gave up trying to get OEM ACR wheels

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in July I smacked a curb and slightly bent the lips on the right wheels. Had the car checked out and no other damage but wanted to replace the wheels with OEM wheels. After seven months
finally figured out that wasn't going to happen and that was after:

1. Ordering through a local Dodge dealer (can't tell you how many times Dodge kept slipping the ETA). Dodge customer service reps kept in contact with me but of course their hands were tied.
2. Contacting a person who orders direct from the manufacturer,
3. Exchanging emails with Ralph Gilles,
4. Exchanging emails with Melissa Holabach (if you don't know who she is - she is the Plant Manager for the Conner plant)
5. Having a vendor offer to sell me polished wheels and I could have them painted. He quoted $2250 for the pair but would invoice me $3250 so I could defraud the insurance company.
You see my insurance company is paying for the wheels minus my $1,000 deductible but I cut communication with that guy quickly
and won't do business with someone that sleezy who encourages people to commit fraud.

Anyway, I finally bought a polished front wheel and a chrome rear wheel new for $843.00 @ and my body shop guy is going to paint them. We are then going to send the two original wheels off for repair and I'll keep them as spares.

:dunno: What did my wife say to all this? :dunno: Who buys a car you can't even buy replacement parts for?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
":dunno: What did my wife say to all this? :dunno: Who buys a car you can't even buy replacement parts for"

Sounds like my wife with every Saleen I bought in the past. They barely made it out of the showroom and already the parts were obsolete and out of stock. Feel for yah!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2 of the Chrysler folks above asked me to try and help you as well.....We have had sets of 4, not willing to break up 2. We have another set of 4 with tires coming in next week.

PS: Invoicing insurance for MSRP [or less] of new parts is not fraud in my opinion.
Every day 10000 body shops give insurance 5-15% off new parts, and pays 15-35% off.

If Insurance writes you a check for the MSRP of your loss, less deductible, and you make a better deal, GOOD ON YOU. Who says you have to pay retail? Your premiums are based on, and allow you to expect new, and buy new. They dont entitle an insurance company to VCA discounts !!!!! You probably have 50+hours in this project as well...is your time worth nothing?

So if I KEEP ALL THE MONEY up to MSRP its OK? But if I give you $1000 off Im somehow unethical? Id like to hear the opinions of others......because we save VCA members a ton of money in this very way.....

Last edited:

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think you're also getting paid by the insurance company for any depreciation of the vehicle, not just a repair. That may be as simple as getting paid for the depreciation of not having OEM wheels in their original, undamaged condition.

craig

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean to tell me that a vendor actually was going to invoice your insurance company enough to save you a thousand dollars on your deductible?

That is despicable. The nerve.... Trying to save you a grand$......

:confused:

Last edited:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any good body shop should charge enough to cover your deductible in my opinion. Especially given there is a deductible needed even when you're not at fault in any way.:mad:
I also agree my time is worth money. I have been involved in 2 accidents where neither one was my fault, I got conpensated for the damage to the vehicle but never for my time.
Heck, even my dentist charges enough to cover my deductible.:D

Jon B, feel free to be ****** with me if I ever need your help.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is a great deal. Insurance companies always look for ways not pay when its their turn...
2 of the Chrysler folks above asked me to try and help you as well.....We have had sets of 4, not willing to break up 2. We have another set of 4 with tires coming in next week.

PS: Invoicing insurance for MSRP [or less] of new parts is not fraud in my opinion.
Every day 10000 body shops give insurance 5-15% off new parts, and pays 15-35% off.

If Insurance writes you a check for the MSRP of your loss, less deductible, and you make a better deal, GOOD ON YOU. Who says you have to pay retail? Your premiums are based on, and allow you to expect new, and buy new. They dont entitle an insurance company to VCA discounts !!!!! You probably have 50+hours in this project as well...is your time worth nothing?

So if I KEEP ALL THE MONEY up to MSRP its OK? But if I give you $1000 off Im somehow unethical? Id like to hear the opinions of others......because we save VCA members a ton of money in this very way.....

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MJ PM me your rock bottom price for the wheels and tires. Thanks in advance. *****.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a wonderful vendor in Carrollton, Tx called Wheel Repair Solutions that repairs and ships wheels all over the country. All the car dealers, repair shops etc. use them. You would never have had to buy any new wheels.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a wonderful vendor in Carrollton, Tx called Wheel Repair Solutions that repairs and ships wheels all over the country. All the car dealers, repair shops etc. use them. You would never have had to buy any new wheels.

They do great work, I have a personal friend who works for them.