FINALLY, I got my Black Chrome ACR wheels on the bumble bee...

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here they are. They look AWESOME in the sun. The rain just stopped, I will try to post better pics soon.

ROB :usa:

48501_acr_bc_wheels_5.jpg

Here is a before pic too...

48501_acr_side_2.jpg

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: FINALLY, I got my Black Chrome ACR wheels on...

Veeeery nice! Looks great on the bumblebee!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks sweet. Now lower that Viper!!!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

where did you get em painted. i have a yellow and want the 19" purners with black centers as well.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I first had to get them chromed. I should have sent them out to Calichrome, but used a local guy who did a terrible job. Then I had to get the Black Chrome powdercoat done. This "sealed" the bad chrome job and you could not tell the blemishes. I would recommend the powder coat company. Here is there site: East Coast Powdercoat. Ask for Scott he is the owner. To get the wheels chromed it was $800 and $320 for the black chrome powdercoat.

As far as lowering, it will settle back down, I had the car on jack stands for over a month and just snapped these pics only about 5 minutes after the tires were put back on. I can't lower much more because of my driveway entrance :( .

Now when I get my chromed GTS gas cap back it will look awesome.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks great. I've been wondering how that would look. I just got my black emblems and chrome ACR gas cap on this morning and was contemplating the black chrome wheels. Hmmmm.....

Chad

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man, those sure would look good on black, silver, grey, or sapphire blue!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
48501_acr_bc_wheels_5.jpg

I'm not a fan of the black-wheels look, BUT...your setup pulls it off nicely. Were I an owner of a bumblebee Viper, this posting of yours would have caused me some trouble. :D Good job.

You must be registered for see images

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ACR on the way Just bought one from Wilkesboro NC , really like what you did with the black powdercoat. I was wondering Can you polish those rims? Instead of chroming or powdercoating them, so it looks like chrome. I heard that Chroming the rims adds quite a bit of wieght to the rims .

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ACR on the way Just bought one from Wilkesboro NC , really like what you did with the black powdercoat. I was wondering Can you polish those rims? Instead of chroming or powdercoating them, so it looks like chrome. I heard that Chroming the rims adds quite a bit of wieght to the rims .

Polishing the ACR wheels is almost impossible. They are powdercoated from BBS and to get that factory powdercoat off is a pain. I just chromed them since that was the only real way to get the black chrome look.

Good Luck,

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polishing the ACR wheels is almost impossible. They are powdercoated from BBS and to get that factory powdercoat off is a pain. I just chromed them since that was the only real way to get the black chrome look.

Good Luck,
ROB

Thanks wiseasp makes sense , I wasn't sure if you could or not .

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black wheels on a car with black stripes is amazing! That is one of the best wheel and color combo's I have ever seen. Unreal.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Rob! You have to bring that baby down to Jason's. It really changes the look of the car. I like it!

---------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Now get some slotted and drilled rotors and powder coat the calipers and then it will really look good, not that it doesn't look good now.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some better pics in the sun.

48501_acr_bc_sun.jpg

48501_acr_bc_sun_2.jpg

48501_acr_bc_sun_3.jpg

As for the rotors, I hope to have them next week. I was thinking about powder coating the calipers yellow and reapplying the decal for the fronts, but I was hoping to put a cover over the rear calipers to match the front calipers. I know that some are available for NON ABS cars, not the 01 +.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks amazing.
I am really thinking about doing the black Viper emblem on the side. I neither have the black stripes and wheels. Would the black emblems be too much?

Thanks

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also not a fan of black wheels, but with the black stripes and yellow body it's a nice looking combo! :laugh:

-Dean.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been getting a lot of PM's about the powdercoat. East Coast Powdercoating has many colors and NOT just the black chrome. Scott can powdercoat almost anything with whatever colors you want.

Thanks,

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing! Hope to see you sometime in Maryland driving around, that beast has to look 10x better in person.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss