Finals Poll - Stripe - New colors... Please look

What color stripe do you prefer on this silver SRT-10?

• GTS Blue

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • Kandi-Red

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Graphite

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Black/Red combo

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a final poll with the top 2 vote getters in the other poll and two new colors (thanks go to Austin). The new colors are Kandi-Red and GTS Blue... The top two of the other poll were Graphite and Black/Red combo. Please take a look and vote.

bluenl.jpg

candyred.jpg

graphitestripe.jpg

12345f.jpg

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I like the red/black, I picked GTS Blue. It fits the silver very well.

Austin, if I went with GTS blue do you think it would look ok on the dash, brakes, and emblems??? I really want to carry the color through the car especially since it is a convertible and you will be able to see inside and outside with the top down. I value your opinion. :)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, if I went with GTS blue do you think it would look ok on the dash, brakes, and emblems??? I really want to carry the color through the car especially since it is a convertible and you will be able to see inside and outside with the top down. I value your opinion. :)

I personally think it would look really good. Are you planning on having the lower part of the rear fascia painted black as well?

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blue looks nice. Up till that color wasnt really sold on any of em. Don't know how the rear fascia would look painted black though since it's not a centered stripe, maybe Austin can work his magic for a rear view. Just a thought but what about increasing the width as it heads toward the rear? Blue interior accents would look great too. Just my opinions :•\

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blue looks nice. Up till that color wasnt really sold on any of em. Don't know how the rear fascia would look painted black though since it's not a centered stripe, maybe Austin can work his magic for a rear view. Just a thought but what about increasing the width as it heads toward the rear? Blue interior accents would look great too. Just my opinions :•\

If you've seen the single striped ACR's, they have the lower section of the rear fascia painted black and it looks much better. I think all the Vipers should have come that way whether they had received the stripe treatment or not. It just gives the rear (on both models) a very aggressive looks.

Now in regards to the tapering of the single stripe from thin in the front to wider in the rear; I dont think that would look so good. Just my opinion of course. I think it would just throw it off balance.

Here is a pic of what the lower section would look like with the GTS Blue stripe. EDIT: Not too sure why the rear looks so saturated in black, but it keeps uploading that way for some reason. Sorry. Im sure you get the idea though.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, Austin, very nice. I would probably have the lower part painted black. Somehow, though, the single stripe does not look as good from the rear as it does from the front. However, it is an improvement as the rear of the Gen 3 vert is very boring to me. That is one reason I like the orange stripe as it really looks good from the back:

Oragne_from_back.jpg

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to take two things into consideration though. First of all, it is a PS. Secondly, the orange one goes all the way through the lower section of the fascia. I think the blue would look better then you think, but again, just my opinion.

I don't have anymore ideas to add. Lol. I think I'm all out right now.

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the silver car looks very bland, personally, but a 'vert with the GTS blue stripe would probably look REAL nice.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a love/dislike relationship with silver. The Viper looks good in silver, but I'm picky about what silver cars look good.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree wider would not look good. Any pinstripe accent colors for the outside edges of the stripe? Have a love hate relationship with silver myself even though I love my 82 silver beige collector edition vette. Looks silver sometimes then fades into golden hues, accented with dark brown fade panels and striping

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the silver car looks very bland, personally, but a 'vert with the GTS blue stripe would probably look REAL nice.

I think the silver looks good, but it doesn't "pop" out at you and I think the right stripe and some other hints of the same color, would do wonders for the color. When I convert this car to a Street Serpent in a few years (hopefully AP Engineering will still be doing that in 3-4 years) I don't think I will keep it silver. Most likely---who knows... I really like some of the muscle car crazy colors like Sublime Green, Plum Crazy Purple, etc...

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way Austin, your avatar would make for a cool shirt graphic. IMO of course

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way Austin, your avatar would make for a cool shirt graphic. IMO of course

Yeah, but I cant sell it. lol... Im sure Dodge wouldnt be too happy about that. I had someone PM asking if I had a large version of it, but I had only made the smaller avatar version.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Like the GTS Blue stripe - but don't think it would look good on the interior pieces.

While I would have a personal bias towards the Kandy Red - I really like the red/black stripe as it is very unique and pops against the silver. Again, the challenge there would lie in how you would carry the red/black into the interior.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the GTS blue. Keep in mind, if you wanted to, you can buy blue interior pieces from the dealer....or trade with someone too. Look at the interior of a VOI 9 car for example.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love GTS Blue, but on the silver car, that black/red combo is just beautiful. The p-shop Austin did on the back of the convertible makes me not like the GTS blue stripe. Just my $0.02.

Be a leader George, do the red/black. There are too many "ACR stripe" cars out there!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the PS I did either. It was the only pic I had to work with right now. A PS can help you make a decision, but people have to remember that it will always look a little different in person/real life. I've seen the single striped acr's in person and it looks REALLY good.

My vote is between the red/black and the GTS Blue.

I say do something different.

I love GTS Blue, but on the silver car, that black/red combo is just beautiful. The p-shop Austin did on the back of the convertible makes me not like the GTS blue stripe. Just my $0.02.

Be a leader George, do the red/black. There are too many "ACR stripe" cars out there!

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had thought about stopping the blue stripe at the top of the trunk and not bringing it down. On the ACR the stripe stops on the top of the trunk and wing. I see no problem with that.

In addition, last fall when I took it to a local shop that installs stripes they told me they did not know how to bring a stripe down over the trunk lid because it was curved both up/down and side to side. They said it would be like wrapping a football and said they would have to stop a vinyl stripe before that point. Now, maybe the shop I took it to doesn't know how to manipulate a vinyl stripe around such corners and it really can be done??? He said the front was no problem. Maybe someone out there in VCA land can set me straight on this issue??? Thanks. :)