First post, two Qs (windshield & BBS rims)

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, owner of a B/W 96 Viper, live in San Diego, CA and have been lurking a long time and been posting on “that other Viper site”.

Two questions for Y’all!

- I have a small crack in my windshield and want to replace it. Who would you recommend around San Diego? Sure, I can roll into the Dodge Stealership or pick a number from yellow pages from someone who SWEARS that they have done hundreds of Vipers, only to F something up. Are the different quality windshields out there? Should I only go with OEM? Typical cost for parts and labor (separately)?

- My BBS rims has some curb rash.. (WASN’T me!!). Thinking about getting them refinished.. never done that before but figure they would take it apart, take off all clear coat, repair, polish and re-spray the clear coat. Who in San Diego would you recommend? What’s a typical cost, per rim, to do this? Same here, I want to take my rims only to a place that have a proven track record on high-end rims!

Thanks!
Ps
Shoot me a PM if you know of any drives around San Diego!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for nutin, but if you joined the VCA you could post this in the CA area forums and get a local reply.

Just mentioning it :D:2tu:.

OP
OP
B

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for that.. Tried to post in "CA Southern" and got this alert:

BW96snake, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Admin, please provide posting access to this area

Update: I then read this: "If you're an Enthusiast or Viper Owner, but not a VCA Member, this forum is "Read Only" for you"
Wonder what it take to become a VCA Member..

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, owner of a B/W 96 Viper, live in San Diego, CA and have been lurking a long time and been posting on “that other Viper site”.

- My BBS rims has some curb rash.. (WASN’T me!!). Thinking about getting them refinished.. never done that before but figure they would take it apart, take off all clear coat, repair, polish and re-spray the clear coat. Who in San Diego would you recommend? What’s a typical cost, per rim, to do this? Same here, I want to take my rims only to a place that have a proven track record on high-end rims!

Depending on the damage, repair should run in the $100-$150/ea if painted (polished may be a little more) range and that should include remount/balance.
-Chip

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another option is to chrome the wheels like my 2000 ACR. Tire stores don't polish or repair wheels, they remove the tires and stem then send them in to someone else. Probably not a lot of Wheel manufacturers out there.

Joining the VCA is great. Southern calif has a very active club and have many events. The forums also open to allow you acess to the SRT Engineers (that built your car) and Illustrated Upgrades which may save you thousands of dollars one day. I have many friends all over the world and we stay connected by the VCA forums and email. I think that VCA membership will save you about $300 off of your ticket to the Viper Owner's Invitational 11 at Salt Lake City this Sept/Oct. Something the poor vette guys don't get. Included is time in your Viper ON the Millermotorsport track and ticket to the World Challenge Race!!!

Most vendors give 10-20% discounts as well as Chrysler to VCA members. AND you get a high quality Viper magazine ($9) four times a year. One day you might be in there!

Ted

OP
OP
B

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt it was a little pricy to become a VCA member (I know, I know, rant as you like..) but you have some good points in your post!

I think I would like to keep by BBS LM the stock polished look. But, I would like to have someone strip them, repair some minor rash, polish them (in steps) and then recoat with whatever clearcoat BBS uses. I agree with you, some shop say yes, only to send them off to someone; I like to deal directly with the person doing the job...

Thanks.
ps
pic of my ride..

Another option is to chrome the wheels like my 2000 ACR. Tire stores don't polish or repair wheels, they remove the tires and stem then send them in to someone else. Probably not a lot of Wheel manufacturers out there.

Joining the VCA is great. Southern calif has a very active club and have many events. The forums also open to allow you acess to the SRT Engineers (that built your car) and Illustrated Upgrades which may save you thousands of dollars one day. I have many friends all over the world and we stay connected by the VCA forums and email. I think that VCA membership will save you about $300 off of your ticket to the Viper Owner's Invitational 11 at Salt Lake City this Sept/Oct. Something the poor vette guys don't get. Included is time in your Viper ON the Millermotorsport track and ticket to the World Challenge Race!!!

Most vendors give 10-20% discounts as well as Chrysler to VCA members. AND you get a high quality Viper magazine ($9) four times a year. One day you might be in there!

Ted

Attachments

• IMG_8270_crop_comp.jpg
    IMG_8270_crop_comp.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 37

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks GREAT!

There is a local to SD group, awjunkies. Mostly Subaru & EVO owners, but some members have very expensive wheels. It would be worth the time to ask them of a local wheel repair place. They also meet (I think wednesdays) at the BOBA restaurant across from the cheetah club.

Nick

OP
OP
B

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'll check that out for sure.. Maybe arrive early and just hang with some cheetahs.. miiaaaooo!!

Car looks GREAT!

There is a local to SD group, awjunkies. Mostly Subaru & EVO owners, but some members have very expensive wheels. It would be worth the time to ask them of a local wheel repair place. They also meet (I think wednesdays) at the BOBA restaurant across from the cheetah club.

Nick

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
joining the VCA was/is the best club deal around.. Our region ( Va/Md) has monthly lunch / dinner/ cruise meetings/drives.. and annual crab feasts, holiday dinners.. and we get most of our dues back as participants in the local events.. PLUS all the member benefits on VCA.org and vendors, Viper Magazine.. etc..

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
joining the VCA was/is the best club deal around.. Our region ( Va/Md) has monthly lunch / dinner/ cruise meetings/drives.. and annual crab feasts, holiday dinners.. and we get most of our dues back as participants in the local events.. PLUS all the member benefits on VCA.org and vendors, Viper Magazine.. etc..

Agreed, got double my Venom money back by buyin tickets to VOI 11. large discount.

As far as price goes the price is cheap for a decent car club. As stated above we aslo get 4 issues of a great $10 magazine!

Our region has many events although covering about 1500 x 1500 miles we don't have monthly lunches. We have events that are weekend events. Always well planned out and well attended. Our scenery here is fabulous. Smaller groups of members attend car shows and represent the VCA and Dodge (of course). Dodge dealers often help with prizes etc and we attend the Dealership show and shines as well.

Without attending an event you have no idea how much it can be. VCA is not "just another car club".

Being the best Car Club I let my other 4 club memberships fail. It's NOT THE MONEY, it's the cars and the PEOPLE.

Ted

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just JOIN!! It's worth every penny!!!! Best thing I ever did. Just discounts on stuff more than pays me back double every year!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456