First Viper Models

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife bought me the GTS for my birthday. It was so much fun, she bought me another one for V-Day. These are the first ones ever ever done. The paint job on the GTS is pretty bad, but I got it right on the SRT. Enjoy.

10046Picture_087-med.jpg

10046vipermodel-med.JPG

10046Picture_083-med.jpg

10046Picture_080-med.jpg

10046vipermodel2-med.JPG

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the re-occurring image of being retired some day, sitting at the work bench in my basement, building models like that. Then, my ADD snaps me back to reality and I just buy the 1:18 Burago model.

Nice work though. :2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm too lazy to buy those. I just buy the models already assembled and painted

I buy my maisto/burrago models and then mod them to my liking.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They really don't take that much time...a couple of hours.

Thanks for the compliments. I collect the ones already assembled and painted as well, but it's nice to have some in the collection that are mine.

I like Viper GTS's idea...I may have to steal it :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look in my gallery for my Viper models. Not there but in my posession are: a nice Anson 1:12 yellow R/T10, one of the rare AutoArt 1:18 SRT-10 production version models in red, silver 1:43 AutoArt SRT-10, black HotWheels special edition 1:18 SRT-10 and 1:43 IXO Models Daytona winning red/white GTS-R.
Also, do take a look at my scratch-built 1:43 Roe supercharger (which got official approval from Sean himself) ;)

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you have a Big Lots close to you or not, but the one by me had this set and the red white gts for $4.99.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you have a Big Lots close to you or not, but the one by me had this set and the red white gts for $4.99.

Thanks for the tip! I picked up the b/w set a couple days ago from Big Lots. They had the red/white GTS as well, but i didnt buy it b/c im just gonna put the box on display and the box is the same for both cars. I dont get into all the painting and glueing. Too much opportunity to mess up the car and make a really big mess lol

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome, I'll keep passing the found treasure on as much as I can. I hope to own a real Viper one day but for now Ill stick with my toys.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip! I picked up the b/w set a couple days ago from Big Lots. They had the red/white GTS as well, but i didnt buy it b/c im just gonna put the box on display and the box is the same for both cars. I dont get into all the painting and glueing. Too much opportunity to mess up the car and make a really big mess lol

The exterior doesnt need to be painted apart from the missing stripes on the front and rear bumper ya know ;) Don't you know someone in the family who builds car models? I'd be happy to paint it for you and even swap in a custom Roe supercharger (NO not a real one, just the tiny 1:43 :p ), but I live on the other side of the big pond :confused:

By the way some time ago I picked up a very cool set of models at a local hobby store, both made by Revell.
Box no. 07386 is a White Mamba SRT-10 in 1:25 (note that the SRT-10 decal provided inside the box is silver instead of red :confused: ),

And box no. 7367 is a Shelby Cobra 427 race car with decals for either a green Feinstein Racing example, or a blue/white stripes Archway Ford (Balto, MD) car.

Here are two links so you guys can have an idea of what the box looks like:
White Mamba SRT-10
http://cgi.ebay.de/Dodge-Viper-SRT10-Revell-07386-Plastik-Modellbau-Autos_W0QQitemZ7402873458QQcategoryZ9142QQcmdZViewItem
Cobra
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7403145114&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT