First Weekend with Viper

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my '94 on Saturday and I have been smiling ever since! Pics to come soon - the drive home was AWFUL, it poured after I was 20 minutes into a 1 hour drive home after picking up the car, but that was not the worst of it. I was driving through some construction on 84E here in CT., there was a ton of dust in the air, like I had never seen before. When I got out of my car it was covered with a white powder. I immediately hosed the car, NOTHING, the powder did not come off! I had to hand wash the Viper twice - I was so upset, but I guess it's ok now.

Anyway, I have a few small scratches under the front fascia, I remember looking under there when I first inspected the car and not seeing anything - today I looked really good and saw a few. Yesterday the car dipped, and I think I touched some pavement, I was being so careful all day, but I took my mind off it at that point and I did not see the dip in the road. Anyway, is it pretty much inveitable that a Viper will get a few scratches there? I hope so, bec. I have been sick worrying about it. Can that area be coated or some sort of a protectant be placed on? Other than that, the first weekend was awesome, a ton of 'thumbs up ' from people...

Dave.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Vipers have some scratches under the fascia, at least those that get driven. Don't sweat it, not visible under normal circumstances along with all the rock chips under the side sills.

--- Ken

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to think about giving the car a once-over with a clay bar, if any of that powder was baked onto the side sills or anywhere else.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrads, welcome to the club, nothing like the first few days with the car, i think i would at least wax the car or something with that powder that was on your car, that guy made a good point about it baking into the paint at the side sills, well goodluck with your car and dont forget to post pics, tom

OP
OP
S

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - I just ordered the Roe bumper guards, anyone know if they continue underneath the fascia to some degree or just the front lip area?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remeber they are just the front lip area. Clean the area they stick to really good. Mine popped off after a couple of weeks. I noticed the two sided tape on them almost does not touch the car because it is recessed in the rubber. I bought some good two sided tape & "stacked" it on top of the existing tape. They have not come off again & have saved my front facia a couple of times. I put them a lot closer together than the instructions said & I will probably buy a second set to add to the first.
Great purchase my .02

Congrats & Enjoy your car!!

Andy

terribleted13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Shadow!
I think all cars need to have a scratch/scuff/flaw on them or they will get scratched or worse! Murphys law ya-know. Seems to be my experience/bad luck. Someone offers a "chin guard" for about $125.00, bolt on type, but I forget the supplier. I know its here on the accessory links area somewhere.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, congrats on the car. We have to get together one day. I am in Wallingford CT. Would be nice to get a weekend cruise around before it gets too cold.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congradulations on your new ride. Suggest you go over the car with clay bar to remove any surface particles. It'll make the paint as smooth as glass. Then a couple of coats of Zaino (Z-2 and Z-5) to bring out the shine. The season is getting short here in CT so drive it and enjoy.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, front fascia scratches your gonna get them. I remember "driving on eggshells" when I first got my Viper!

Enjoy the car and be easy with the gas padel for a bit.
Now your going to succumb to "mod fever". :)

Welcome!!!