Forgeline wheels finally arrived

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my new Forgeline SP3P’s 20x13 rear and 19x10.5 fronts with Michelin PS2’s 335-30-20 and 285-35-19 from Fed Ex earlier in the week but didn’t have time to mount them until today.

I tried to do something a little different with the color but it didn’t turn out as well as I expected. A different shade of gold might look better but now I have some time to evaluate different center colors and will probably have them stripped and coated a darker color in the future (some variation of black or grey, that was the “safer” choice). The Forgeline finish is flawless. I love the SP3P style and am glad I went with the chrome lips. So far the tires above are working well with no rubbing that I can see or hear but I would still like to lower the car a little. Overall I think it is an improvement over the stock wheels but I think a center color change will really set them off.

If you are so inclined, I would love some opinions on center colors.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

After

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummmm, you want honesty? To each his/her own but I think that looks really tacky! That is my opinion but it is your car and it only matters if YOU like it. Except for the color, the wheels are great.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the OE's back on and get the Forgelines painted with a black center.

HURRY! They look aweful...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man. Tough neighborhood. Yeah, I'll keep the OEM wheels on my '01 GTS because I like 'em, but not everybody does. Respect... Show some respect...

I think black and gold is an OK combination. Google "black and gold." See how many auto joints you come up with. A clue... Just a clue...

NICE WHEELS!

OP
OP
J

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said over on the Alley, I think there are shades of gold that just might work but not the one I have. I somewhat rushed into this because I needed new tires before I killed my self. The viper may be spending even more time in the garage until I really decide what color I want, but with my taste it probably won't be something you see every day:)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they look OK. I prefer the chrome look myself.

Ted

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the style of the wheels, but the gold color is off as you mentioned.
Black cars are really the only ones that I like to see black wheels on.
But personally I'd still choose either silver or graphite color for the centers (keeping the chrome/polished lips).
Having a contrasting color really shows of the rim style the most.
And you might also consider adding either matching silver or graphite stripes as well to integrate the color combination on your GTS. :D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
style looks great! take em off and powdercoat the centers matte black..gold maybe would of looked cool on red cars back in the 70's..and i dont even think they look gold. more like mustard...

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put some gold stripes on that car.
Then call it a GTS-H.

Seriously, they don't look that bad. A different shade of gold might have been nicer.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clear blinkers, and bats rear overlays would help a lot, the gold, with the amber bulbs, do not go well.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the polished lip. My opinion is that the centers should be Anthracite or Gun-metal (metallic). It looks sporty and classy. But whatever color you pick for the center, KEEP THE POLISHED LIP! Nice rims otherwise.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice rims and good idea - just didnt come out as you expected. Not sure if that look will work on a Viper. I would go with a darker gray face - satin or as mentioned gunmetal. Hopefully you will prove us wrong.

My car is black also. I was thinking of a painted face but went polished. Love it.

DSC06665.JPG

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know the first thing I thought of, driving my '85 IROC off the showroom floor. I wasn't a big fan of gold then or now, but actually it's different and doesn't look like everyone else's car. I say keep them, nice rims.

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would work if you put some Gold stripes on it to tie it all together (I do like the look of the GT-H mustangs). Graphics Express http://www.graphic-express.com has a Gold color that is very close to your wheels. You can get a set of the generic 8" or 10" wide stripes for less than $200 and do it yourself. Not easy on the curvy Viper shape, but it's an inexpensive way to see if you'd really like it.

OP
OP
J

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input everyone:2tu: Several people mentioned the stripes and I am considering them. groovyjay did a photo shop of the car over on the Alley with gunmetal centers and they do look good.

I like this black chrome as well
You must be registered for see images attach

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing in the world I enjoy doing is downing a Dodge Viper, but that does not look good in the least.

It screams Smokey & the Bandit.

Sorry man.

Good luck with that.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually like those rims, and the color. Looks pretty sharp to me, but than again, I've been called crazy before :)

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 vote for the black chrome. I hope it turns out a bit darker than the picture you posted as that looks like grey chrome.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm all for the Gold. Maybe a little darker.. But to make them look good, incorporate some of that same color into other parts of the car. One guy mentioned stripes. I'm not saying go overboard with your whole interior or anything like that, but just little things could really make that color look nice. Right now they just stand out and don't match.

OP
OP
J

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look ok - the color is just a little too "mustard" for me. This color would look better I think:

http://www.dkomm.net/wrx/gallery/black8.jpg

It's more of a true gold.

You are right, that looks much better and is what I had in mind originally. I had a similar color on a black corvette and really liked it. The more I look at my viper, I just don't think gold is going to work.

My intentions were to carry the theme throughout the car but I am not that excited about doing that anymore. Thanks guys.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i too think the rim color isnt right. maybe if you had gold somewhere else, but not by themselves.

if you are going to stripe you car, ever consider blue? bluebats black car with blue stripes looked sick.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala