Fredericksburg Virginia Cruise and Car Show

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On August 5th 2006 I will be hosting the second annual Viper and exotic car cruise through historic Fredericksburg VA ending at a local car show. We will meet for the cruise at 4:00 PM at the Park and Ride off Rt. 17 in Stafford County Virginia. The cruise will start at 5:00 PM. There will be snacks and drinks prior to the cruise. The cruise will travel down the scenic route 218 through Stafford and King George Counties. The return trip will include a trip through historic Fredericksburg Virginia. The cruise will end at the 5 and Diner in Central Park in Spotsylvania County. We should arrive between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. There will be a car show there with many other beautiful show cars. The car show will end at 9:00 PM with awards. Below are maps of the route and directions to the Park and Ride, as well as, the 5 and Diner. Feel free to come out and enjoy a Saturday evening with some of the most beatiful cars on the east coast.

Directions to Park and Ride:
From points north:
Take I-95 south to exit 133 towards Warrenton (Rt17 west)
Go through 2 stop lights
Take left at third stop light across from East Coast gas station.
From points south:
Take I-95 north to exit 133 towards Warrenton
Go through 2 stop lights
Take left at third stop light across from East Coast gas station.
From points east or west:
It’s best to find your quickest route to I-95 and head north or south to exit 133 (exit numbers go down to the south, up to the north).

Directions to Car show if not going to cruise:
From points north:
Take I-95 south to exit 130 towards Culpepper (RT3 west).
Take a right at the first stop light (Carl D. Silver Parkway).
Go through the next two stop lights
5 and Diner will be on the right (looks like an old diner).
From points south:
Take I-95 north to exit 130 towards Culpepper (RT3 west).
Take a right at the first stop light (Carl D. Silver Parkway).
Go through the next two stop lights
5 and Diner will be on the right (looks like an old diner).

Cruise Route:
The cruise will start at the park and ride on Rt. 17 in Stafford County.
We will take a right onto Rt. 17 and head east.
We will continue on this road across US 1.
The road turns into Butler road to the next stop light.
At stop light the road turns into Rt. 218 (White Oak Rd.)
We will travel down this road for about 20 miles to a stop sign.
At the stop sign we will turn right onto Rt. 206
We travel on Rt. 206 for about 10 miles to a stop light.
We will take a right onto Rt. 3 and travel back towards Fredericksburg for about 15 miles.
After the Wal Mart Rt3 turns into Rt 3 Business
We will continue straight and cross the Chatham Bridge entering downtown Fredericksburg.
At the stop light we will take a right onto Sophia Street.
Left onto Amelia Street
Left on Princess Anne Street
Left on Lafayette Blvd.
Left on Caroline Street
Left on Herndon Street
Right onto Princess Anne Street
We will stop at Carl’s Ice Cream shop (this is a Fredericksburg custom for beautiful cars)
Left onto US Rt. 1
Right onto Fall Hill Ave.
Cross I-95
Left at stop light onto Carl D. Silver Parkway
Left into the 5 and Diner

9065Fred_Cruise.jpg

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be there, provided it is not 100 degrees outside. Hopefully the weather breaks a little by then.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted on the Ferrari forum too. So, far we have the most with 4 confirmed Vipers. Last year I think we had 8 Vipers and 18 cars total. It's still two weeks away but we need more. Don't let the other clubs beat us. It is a Viper Club event after all. So far we have about 10 cars. 4 Vipers, a C6 Z06, a couple Cameros (one supercharged), a Lotus Elise, a Ferrari 308, and an Eclipse Spyder. Come on out if ya can.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BatBoy, I might stop in and check you guys out. I will be driving to SC and if my time is well might stay in Va. for the night and hang. Is there a cell # to reach you as I'm driving down....Adrian

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, rain or shine unless the call is for really bad thunderstorms. It is at the begining of huricane season, so if a really bad storm is coming we'll reschedule.

*** my cell is 540-207-6534. If you need help with a place to stay or anything let me know. Heck if you just need some sleep you can come by my shack and save some $$$.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt thanks for the # and will call you next mon. and let you know exactly when I'm leaving out. I will try to plan it around your event. Thanks,Adrian

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As it stands I have about 10 cars guaranteed with the possibility of as many as 30. Since I didn't have a great response from the Ferrari guys I broadened out to other cars. Those include old Mopar classics, newer muscle cars like Camero, Mustang and Vette, I invited a Ford GT, some old rods, and even a few Japanese and German tuner cars. Needless to say it should be an interesting mix. If you can make it come on out. Weather looks good so far! :2tu:

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather looks great! It should be a chilly high of 90 degrees and mostly sunny. Hope to see many of you there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang