Free Jon B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not convinced anyone is even making an effort to change the VCA for the better until I see JonB on here.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since you chastised me and edited my post a couple of days ago because I mentioned JonB, I would like to see how this works out. Until then:

FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!FREE JONB!

:D

Just so that you know, your post being taking down was brought to my attention by JonB himself. I talked to the moderators and that point we had the backing and decided to stop the "scorched earth policy". I want all of this stuff stopped as do the moderators.

You have to understand that I am not a moderator, I cannot edit posts or delete posts. I do not have that access. I have no more access to the website than a Regional President.

And everyone needs to realize that Maurice and myself, as well as the Zone Directors and the Directors at Large, and the Regional Presidents were angered as much as you were when the Chrysler letter came out. We too thought everything was fine with Chrysler. None of us I mentioned above were privy to what was really going on.

We are playing catch up, hours and hours on conference calls, hundreds of emails everyday since this letter came out, we are finally getting a grip on everything. We realize that people are angry and just want to see results and/or just beat us over the head. And you know, that's OK.

Big changes are coming, but it's not going to be like turning a light switch off and on.

We're just trying to save this club for everyone. And like I said before, I'm sure we'll see JonB, Tedd, and bunch of others back sooner than later.

Regards,

Randall

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to see Jon B back here.

I have been ordering from Jon for 10 years, the guy has always been MORE the fair/honest and goes above and beyond for me each and every single time.

Jon has a passion for the Viper, and it seemed to me a need to make sure everyone who called knew the ins and out as well, for safety or otherwise.

Got my first Viper at age 19 Jon knew I was young (guess I sounded it LOL) and wanted to tell me all I could/should know about the car to keep me safe and Jon's been taking good care of me ever since.

3 people in the community have EARNED my eternal business

Chuck Tator
Jon B
Sean Roe

and all 3 earned it in spades!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets see Jon back ASAP as many of us still order from him ANYWAY might as well make it official

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be happy to see Jonb back, but what I want to see ASAP is EVERY tie with ANY Marshal cut and them (or their companies) banned from ever having anything to do with the club again. That, and at least Lee truly out (and not with the timetable and bs excuse given in the email from Maurice). These people have dragged this club to where it is now, and yes, I am holding a grudge against them for it.

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no problem with JonB coming back into the club, and he'll tell you that. I want our Viper family back together, all of us. But I can't do it alone. Everyone has to get on board. We have to say enough is enough and work to bring this club back.

Big changes are coming, and it is going to take all of us to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. There will be a few cracks or scars, but we have to fix our family the best we can and move forward.

Randal, please don't take this the wrong way because I don't meant it negatively.

I think you need to open your eyes and take the earplugs out on what is happening. We ARE all on board. We ARE all pushing for change.

I watched this all transpire from the beginning. From JonB, to the SIMPLE financial transparency questions being asked in the members area that were blatantly ignored. The request of meeting notes that were never published. Etc...

It is sad that it took whistle blowing to shed light on the dark areas of this club's management.

We are all here Randal, members, owners, and enthusiasts alike. We all want the same thing. Like you said, enough is enough.

Last edited:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randal, please don't take this the wrong way because I don't meant it negatively.

I think you need to open your eyes and take the earplugs out on what is happening. We ARE all on board. We ARE all pushing for change.

I watched this all transpire from the beginning. From JonB, to the SIMPLE financial transparency questions being asked in the members area that were blatantly ignored. The request of meeting notes that were never published. Etc...

It is sad that it took whistle blowing to shed light on the dark areas of this club's management.

We are all here Randal, members, owners, and enthusiasts alike. We all want the same thing. Like you said, enough is enough.

Hey Jon,

I didn't take it the wrong way. Your points are valid.

I haven't talked to you in a long time. Hope California is treating you well.

My eyes are open and the earplugs have been out since the January President's meeting. Being able to do something about it is another thing. I know Maurice would love to publish things like the financials, but seeing that Maurice and I have never seen a bank statement, let alone know what bank accounts or even what bank we do business with since we took office. Secret meetings, etc. that have been going on without Maurice's and my knowledge and without the knowledge of the Zone Directors, Directors at Large, or the Presidents. I've never seen the contracts for VPA or Viper Magazine, and I'm sure Maurice has not either.

I know everyone is upset and I'm upset too. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it is what it is. With all of us being on the outside looking in for so long, it's going to take a couple weeks to get a grip on things and get as much information as we can, make changes and move forward.

As I said before, I can walk away from this situation(s) if I want to. As I had nothing to do with it, about it, or involved in it. I'll stick around and try to fix the problems (but a few people in some positions will/may have to go), or I can just leave and still put my head on my pillow at night and sleep. I have no monitary gain in it. I make nothing from it.

I'm in it for the long haul, but if people don't want me involved, I'll be more than happy to go on my way. My Ohio members love me and I love them. I can keep my ass right here in Ohio. :)
Either way, maybe I'll start to enjoy driving my Viper again someday. :drive::)

Regards,

Randall

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I confess. I am Jon B.

Okay, maybe not but I would love to see him back here too. ;(

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randall,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to open things up now, but I have to ask, how in the hell did you "outsiders" sit there and allow the "insiders" to just ignore your requests for information and have secret meetings? You are all *** MEMBERS and/or NATIONAL OFFICERS. The line should have been drawn immediately that either everything opens up (AT LEAST to the *** and Officers), or that this behavior is going public. I realize you had to sign an NDA, but you would not have been disclosing anything by going public except the secrecy and lack of information. You could't actually get anything TO disclose.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problem with letting JonB back into the club. It's way overdue. The 12/31 email vote asking the board and officers to extend his suspension was way out of line, unnecessary and another skid mark on the underwear that is the VCA. There's great resistance by a few not to let him back into the club. According to one of them I am defying the board by evening mentioning his name on this site. Defy? **** you. It's been publicized that the 12/31 vote was unanimous. That's a misrepresentation as I and others told the then president to go fornicate themselves with the vote.

And I question the validity of that 12/31 email vote in and of itself. Questions that fell on deaf ears, until now.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon,

I didn't take it the wrong way. Your points are valid.

I haven't talked to you in a long time. Hope California is treating you well.

My eyes are open and the earplugs have been out since the January President's meeting. Being able to do something about it is another thing. I know Maurice would love to publish things like the financials, but seeing that Maurice and I have never seen a bank statement, let alone know what bank accounts or even what bank we do business with since we took office. Secret meetings, etc. that have been going on without Maurice's and my knowledge and without the knowledge of the Zone Directors, Directors at Large, or the Presidents. I've never seen the contracts for VPA or Viper Magazine, and I'm sure Maurice has not either.

I know everyone is upset and I'm upset too. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it is what it is. With all of us being on the outside looking in for so long, it's going to take a couple weeks to get a grip on things and get as much information as we can, make changes and move forward.

As I said before, I can walk away from this situation(s) if I want to. As I had nothing to do with it, about it, or involved in it. I'll stick around and try to fix the problems (but a few people in some positions will/may have to go), or I can just leave and still put my head on my pillow at night and sleep. I have no monitary gain in it. I make nothing from it.

I'm in it for the long haul, but if people don't want me involved, I'll be more than happy to go on my way. My Ohio members love me and I love them. I can keep my ass right here in Ohio. :)
Either way, maybe I'll start to enjoy driving my Viper again someday. :drive::)

Regards,

Randall

THANKS RANDALL

That's what some of us were waiting for - a board member or National Officer telling us what was going on. If you and even Maurice didn't know what was going on financially that can only mean Lee, who was also the former treasurer if my facts are right, and Chris Marshall were controlling everything.

Again, thanks Randall for sharing this information.

Note I do have one lingering question that you probably can't answer. If things were being done in secret it would take the treasurer and one other officer to know about them if financials were involved. Meaning, most organizations are set up so any checks written require two signatures. Who has signatory authority over bank accounts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Later. Later. This is a chance for you to take quick simple action that starts the rebuilding now. One email to the *** with agreement and that's it.

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I would like to see JonB back.
I have enjoyed conversations with him over the years; and, I appreciate his experience, not to mention his history with the VCA. [/FONT]

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I Admin and Moderate a few different boards.... The hardest part is to remove personal feelings and being fair even when you don't approve, like or understand. I know something as large and diverse as the VCA will have thousands of different points of view. I just ask that people do what's right for the Club and remove personal feelings from the equation.

Lifetime bans should be reserved for Trolls and spammers, not individuals that promote everything Viper

2 cents

Vj

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had nothing but Great Service from Partsrack and mega fast shipping. Jon Helped me with Unitrax halfshafts and Ujs. and the little extras were a nice touch.

We all have good days and bad days. Thank you Randall for shedding light on what is happening over there :usa:

Lets hope the VCA can move forward again with new elected board members and total transparency for all members to see. I too would like to see Ted back (if he so wished).
PS: Please can you get rid of the trolls ^

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened to Jon......BUT..... I do know that Jon B has been an INCREDIBLE asset to the Viper Community..... I've personally had at least 30 transactions with Jon and referred MANY fellow Viper Owners his way...... Jon B is as much a part of Viper Hisstory as anyone I've ever met.....Kudos to you for your helping sooooo many Viper Owners Jon.... Biff Brown/Vipermania

V

VCA Forum Staff

depends on how much forgiveness the VCA is asking for. some things are not possibly forgivable

what forgiveness is being asked of the people here?

Please forgive the name "VCA Forum Staff" and have some trust in the current moderators. There are still MANY angry *** that have been sent through to us, yet the people who they are directed at (and the policies they supported ) are no longer operating as moderators. Understand we are here to help build the site again, not go down the roads that were travelled by people who previously used this account. Yes, as Tony mentioned, there were many people who once had access to this account, but this is no longer the case.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please forgive the name "VCA Forum Staff" and have some trust in the current moderators. There are still MANY angry *** that have been sent through to us, yet the people who they are directed at (and the policies they supported ) are no longer operating as moderators. Understand we are here to help build the site again, not go down the roads that were travelled by people who previously used this account. Yes, as Tony mentioned, there were many people who once had access to this account, but this is no longer the case.

How about something a little less vague than "VCA Forum Staff?" Let's face it, trust is something that has to earned again by the VCA, the account you are using there is considered to basically be the Grim Reaper of the the site, kills anything it wants to. There are names that are still trusted, use them.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

Why not post with your own tag instead of hiding behind this?

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was also one that could not stand the "VCA Forum Staff" title. But, going forward I also believe that nobody has the right to make threats, etc towards the moderators.
I understand that past moderation probably had a lot of Lee and Chris Marshalls personal's touch, but real moderators should not have to put up with personal threats, etc.

I do feel that after one warning, personal threats should not being tolerated and those personal threats should be posted on the forum, just so we can see who exactly is on our forum and their true colors and intentions. I believe in my heart that there are enough good people on this forum to know and act against said personal threats by posting so by voicing their opinions in majority. As crazy as it sounds, transparency will solve all problems, even if they start out a little ugly.

Cheers,
George

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU TONY, THANK YOU RANDALL. So glad we are hearing this from the Regional Pres/Directors. Seems we have all had enough and it's not simply a matter of a few squeaky wheels. Do either of you know what's currently going on at the national level, or have you been "left" out of the communication in this matter as well?

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also one that could not stand the "VCA Forum Staff" title. But, going forward I also believe that nobody has the right to make threats, etc towards the moderators.
I understand that past moderation probably had a lot of Lee and Chris Marshalls personal's touch, but real moderators should not have to put up with personal threats, etc.

I do feel that after one warning, personal threats should not being tolerated and those personal threats should be posted on the forum, just so we can see who exactly is on our forum and their true colors and intentions. I believe in my heart that there are enough good people on this forum to know and act against said personal threats by posting so by voicing their opinions in majority. As crazy as it sounds, transparency will solve all problems, even if they start out a little ugly.

Cheers,
George

Agreed. Transparently set policy and FOLLOW IT. No one should have a reason to complain if there's expectations detailed from the get-go. And if there is a complaint, let's offer a way to do this without getting harrassed by the directorship.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting. In case you did not notice, three years of Form 990 have been posted on a thread. The Form 990 is a public document. So it is certainly not subject to an NDA. I think that it is important for everyone to reserve judgment until all of the facts are carefully reviewed. When Chrysler filed bankruptcy in 2009, the VCA lost the financial support from Chrylser that it had been receiving. It is my understanding that that support was significant. It is also my recollection that JR Thompson Company, the third party entity that used to propvide all the operational services of the VCA, terminated its relationship with the VCA in 2010. Whoever kept the club's operations going during that time should be given credit for what they did. As for VPA, based on what I have read on these forums since its formation, it was approved by the VCA Board and helped along by Chrysler providing it with some legacy parts and equipment and allowing it to be a Mopar dealer. I think that at the heart of the problems the VCA is experiencing was, and to some extent, still is, some unfortunate power tripping and the acting out of same in one way or another. Anyone seeking VCA office to feel powerful in their life, should reconsider doing so and ask themsleves why they would need to do that to begin with. The VCA should be a club among equals. It should be inclusive and tolerant toward the mavericks who own what we all know is a maverick car.( Other than some of the recent trolls on the Gen V Forum we are now seeing. LOL.) So, why not just cut to the chase, and reinstate Jon now. It is time to put the matter in its proper perspective ( it never should have been given the enormous importance it was given to begin with) and move on to creative and productive endeavors.
Just so that you know, your post being taking down was brought to my attention by JonB himself. I talked to the moderators and that point we had the backing and decided to stop the "scorched earth policy". I want all of this stuff stopped as do the moderators.

You have to understand that I am not a moderator, I cannot edit posts or delete posts. I do not have that access. I have no more access to the website than a Regional President.

And everyone needs to realize that Maurice and myself, as well as the Zone Directors and the Directors at Large, and the Regional Presidents were angered as much as you were when the Chrysler letter came out. We too thought everything was fine with Chrysler. None of us I mentioned above were privy to what was really going on.

We are playing catch up, hours and hours on conference calls, hundreds of emails everyday since this letter came out, we are finally getting a grip on everything. We realize that people are angry and just want to see results and/or just beat us over the head. And you know, that's OK.

Big changes are coming, but it's not going to be like turning a light switch off and on.

We're just trying to save this club for everyone. And like I said before, I'm sure we'll see JonB, Tedd, and bunch of others back sooner than later.

Regards,

Randall

Last edited:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randall,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to open things up now, but I have to ask, how in the hell did you "outsiders" sit there and allow the "insiders" to just ignore your requests for information and have secret meetings? You are all *** MEMBERS and/or NATIONAL OFFICERS. The line should have been drawn immediately that either everything opens up (AT LEAST to the *** and Officers), or that this behavior is going public. I realize you had to sign an NDA, but you would not have been disclosing anything by going public except the secrecy and lack of information. You could't actually get anything TO disclose.

I can only speak for myself. I threatened to resign on numerous occassions. So many times I've lost count. I didn't know what was going on, so I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to be remembered as the person that blew up the VCA. I didn't have any proof of anything, so I had nothing to tell. So I waited, waited till a few people got enough rope to hang themselves. And when the Chrysler letter got leaked, that was a chance for the whole *** to see some solid evidence that no matter what we had been told, was that SRT/Chrysler was not happy.

THANKS RANDALL

That's what some of us were waiting for - a board member or National Officer telling us what was going on. If you and even Maurice didn't know what was going on financially that can only mean Lee, who was also the former treasurer if my facts are right, and Chris Marshall were controlling everything.

Again, thanks Randall for sharing this information.

Note I do have one lingering question that you probably can't answer. If things were being done in secret it would take the treasurer and one other officer to know about them if financials were involved. Meaning, most organizations are set up so any checks written require two signatures. Who has signatory authority over bank accounts?

I can tell you that Maurice and I were not in control. We did not have the access to control anything.

As far as signatory over the bank accounts, I would guess that Mary (Exectutive Director), Dan (Treasurer), and Lee (President) have signatory over the bank accounts. From my past experience as a Regional Treasurer for two years and as a Regional President for 5 years, during those times any checks that the Ohio Club received from National always had two signatures on it. I am sure that is the same procedure today.

Later. Later. This is a chance for you to take quick simple action that starts the rebuilding now. One email to the *** with agreement and that's it.

WOW! sun diego and daytonprowler agreeing on something. :D We have a *** conference call on Tuesday night (National Board, Zone Directors, Directors at Large). I plan on making a motion to do just that.

THANK YOU TONY, THANK YOU RANDALL. So glad we are hearing this from the Regional Pres/Directors. Seems we have all had enough and it's not simply a matter of a few squeaky wheels. Do either of you know what's currently going on at the national level, or have you been "left" out of the communication in this matter as well?

Tony and I are at the National Level. Tony is the NE Zone Director at Large. I am the National Vice President. And yes we are working very hard, as well as all the BoDs to try and to stop this ship from sinking.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problem with letting JonB back into the club. It's way overdue. The 12/31 email vote asking the board and officers to extend his suspension was way out of line, unnecessary and another skid mark on the underwear that is the VCA. There's great resistance by a few not to let him back into the club. According to one of them I am defying the board by evening mentioning his name on this site. Defy? **** you. It's been publicized that the 12/31 vote was unanimous. That's a misrepresentation as I and others told the then president to go fornicate themselves with the vote.

And I question the validity of that 12/31 email vote in and of itself. Questions that fell on deaf ears, until now.

You must be registered for see images attach

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randall, as an Ohio member, I am glad to see you attempting to make a change and open lines of communication with those who really matter: the VCA members. I must say that I and many others still carry a great deal of skepticism with all of this. I'm sure you're well aware that many people took great offense to some of your previous mafioso attitude towards people asking questions and not taking the vague words of officers and *** as gospel. You reference mistreatment from above and perhaps it took this mistreatment to finally see the light. Can you speak to this? I'm sure many would like to understand what is different now. Whether or not you were operating blindly, you used to strongly take the side of those trying to keep the general member down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper