Front brakes are squealing

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about 4000 miles on my 99 RT/10 and im still getting alot of squealing sound out of the front brakes every time I stop. The only time it doesnt do it is right after I wash it but they soon go back to making noise.

I wondering if replacing the pads and rotors with cross drilled ones will eliminate the noise (im sure it will) or is there a more simple fix?

If I did go with replacing these components, does anyone have any recommendation as to who to purchase from?

thanks for any help

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had EBC Greens installed, which I purchased from JonB at PartsRack. That stopped the squeel and greatly diminished the brake dust. The experts will tell you that they don't have the braking power of others, but if you don't track your car you'll probably not notice the difference.

Don

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mastiff, Follow all of these directions. If you miss a step you will be back here complaining about squeaking again. 1. Buy EBC Greens but switch them out of you go anywhere near a track 2. But VHT1500 black and paint anything green, tape off pad material 3. Buy Service Manual if you don't have one 4. Remove pads 5. Scuff rotor surface with one of those green pads about 8" x 4" you can get from Home Depot, just hold flat as if you were cleaning the surface. Remove old pad residue. A great option is the 3M Brake resurfacing kit, has little discs that make this easier. 6. Install new pads and follow instructions to turn caliper piston 7. Break in new pads exactly like they tell you to

No squeaks, way less dust

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had EBC Greens installed, which I purchased from JonB at PartsRack. That stopped the squeel and greatly diminished the brake dust. The experts will tell you that they don't have the braking power of others, but if you don't track your car you'll probably not notice the difference.
The "experts" would be wrong. At street temps on onscored rotors, EBC Greens will out-brake pads made for the track (since the track pads never get to operating temperature), as well as all street pads I've tried, including the stock pads. And, at track temps, track pads will out-brake EBC Greens. Using a pad for what it was designed for is a good first step. :cool:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil...like those numbers in your sig that your car is putting out. Hope mine performs as well stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4