Front Bumper Opening...seems to sag/buckle??

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone is well!

I just purchased my 1994 Yellow Viper and have many questions to ask! I noticed when looking closely at the front bumper/grill opening that the center bottom lip seems to sag downward. The bottom lip seems to buckle upwards...also at the center point.

Question: How do you get the bumper opening to look perfect? I imagine with the slight sagging and buckling of the lips we are restricting airflow to the radiator. I was thinking about putting either foam/glue to straighten out the openings???? Not sure if a heat gun would work or damage paint????

Sorry about all the questions!
You must be registered for see images attach

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kind of common. there is a fix for that somewhere around here if you search. maybe search "fascia" ?

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remember that yellow Vipers are the fastest. Therefore, the factory restricted the airflow intentionally so that the red Vipers can keep up.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hope everyone is well!

I just purchased my 1994 Yellow Viper and have many questions to ask! I noticed when looking closely at the front bumper/grill opening that the center bottom lip seems to sag downward. The bottom lip seems to buckle upwards...also at the center point.

Question: How do you get the bumper opening to look perfect? I imagine with the slight sagging and buckling of the lips we are restricting airflow to the radiator. I was thinking about putting either foam/glue to straighten out the openings???? Not sure if a heat gun would work or damage paint????

Sorry about all the questions!
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great thing this forum is....thanks again to all!

Andrew...you are a funny guy!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can take a piece of solid foam or something and put glue on both the bottom and top and wedge it in between the rear opening b/t the crosshairs to hold them in place (straighten them out). Congrats on the new Viper, I must ask though...why a V8 yellow car when all the other colors came with a V10 engine? :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a can of spray foam to fix the buckling between the center cross-hair in the grill. I had the fascia off when I was installing my Roe air duct and decided to address the sag at the same. Essentially, I used a pair of clamps and spray foam. Let it set. Problem solved.

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great ideas! I was thinking about the glue and piece of wood! The foam sounds even better since it is more forgiving...don't like results...start all over again by removing foam!

I know it does not look too bad when standing over the car. I was at the bank the other day and I looked at the car. Guess what distracted me...the grill opening distortion!

Now to my next problem... swapping out the V8 for a real engine!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great ideas! I was thinking about the glue and piece of wood! The foam sounds even better since it is more forgiving...don't like results...start all over again by removing foam!

I know it does not look too bad when standing over the car. I was at the bank the other day and I looked at the car. Guess what distracted me...the grill opening distortion!

Now to my next problem... swapping out the V8 for a real engine!

You sir, will get along well around here.. Well played!!!:headbang:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have to remember that yellow Vipers are the fastest. Therefore, the factory restricted the airflow intentionally so that the red Vipers can keep up.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually correct me if i'm wrong, but it is the other way around. See the yellow Vipers have more of a problem with sag b/c they are not as fast, therefore b/c there is less airflow when a yellow owner drives, no matter how hard he tries, can not generate enough air flow to support the facia, thus, causing a sag :D

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually correct me if i'm wrong, but it is the other way around. See the yellow Vipers have more of a problem with sag b/c they are not as fast, therefore b/c there is less airflow when a yellow owner drives, no matter how hard he tries, can not generate enough air flow to support the facia, thus, causing a sag :D

You are wrong.