Front/Rear Alignment

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good shop in the San Antonio/Austin area who has experience doing front and rear alignments on GenII Vipers? I had Mission Dodge on IH35 set the toe but they quoted me 12 hours labor (~$1,200+ with the kit) to do the full alignment, which is ****ing crazy.

The computer showed positive camber the front when the toe was set and the car isn't handling the way it should.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the DFW area the shop at the track in Cresson - Motorport Ranch - is well qualified. Long drive from SA though...

They quoted me 4 hours @ $90 per hour for a basic alignment. Add 3 hours for corner weighting. 12 hours sounds like ****.

Since mine was in spec it was only 1 hour's work for the check.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are only doing the front, then almost any decent alignment shop can be used. Just make sure they lift the tires clear of the rack when making adjustments. Careless techs can ruin the adjustment cams/stops. If you have to adjust the rear camber, there's no way to cross-check the CASTER angle without the factory inclinometer/DRB III setup. Rear caster differential can cause some very odd handling problems.

If you need help at the back, I'd recommend Bluebonnet Dodge in New Braunfels. 830-606-3463. Tell them Dean Word sent you. I do my own alignments / corner weighting in my garage. They let me use their tools.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performance Speed Tech

You must be registered for see images

So - I see a turn plate under the rear tire and therefore *assume* that they pop the toe link and do a caster sweep of about +/- 5 degrees. Not as accurate as the Service Tool, but definitely better than nothing.

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since on topic, any recommened alignment specs for a street driven car? I would like to maintain the lifes of the tires, but I will give up some for better handling. I have a shop by my house that does "Bear Alignment" so If I have some specs I can just give them to them and they will dial those numbers in for me.