Funny Story

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
New tires and wheels showed up today from Parts Rack.

Ordered another set of SSR Comps and some Hoosier R6 race tires for the track. This was my first time ordering the Hoosier R6's, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Fronts are 315 / 30 / 18, rears are 345 / 35 / 18. The first thing you think of when you see these big, fat tires is, well, that these are some really big, fat tires.

The UPS man left them on the front porch. I picked up the two "smaller" tires, and carried them into my garage and stacked them onto another set of wheels / tires - no problem. All was OK.

I then picked up one 345 tire and carried it into my garage. I couldn’t help thinking that I made a big mistake buying this tire as it was quite a bit heavier than I thought it would be :omg: ….. until I took the cardboard covering off of the tire and found that it had been mounted on a new SSR comp wheel! No longer was it a big, heavy tire, but a very light, very large tire and wheel!

I had forgotten that I ordered two new rear wheels and didn't expect them to arrive with tires mounted on them. Thanks JonB.

They should do quite well at the track over Memorial Day weekend.

Dan

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great Dan!

Can you post some pix after mounting?

What is your front rim width, 11" or wider?

Cant wait to hear your feedback after your track day; maybe I'll be there too.

Phil

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Phil,

Front rims are 11 x 18, rears 11 x 13.

Dan

Latest posts