Future Gen V pictures ???

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought these looked interesting on our Ontario region site.

Attachments

• 30fe4-12-1.jpg
    30fe4-12-1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 30fe4-12-2.jpg
    30fe4-12-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why SRT didnt work on this concept and production?

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why SRT didnt work on this concept and production?

Because today it would be around a $600k selling price and the risk is too great. The sad thing is, this was a working prototype with full blown production plans ready to go. This wasn't just a concept car. Sticker was going to be $400k at the time. Unfortunately they were worried people wouldn't pay that kind of coin for a Chrysler.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pricing was estimated by Chrysler at 300-400K , with 400 being the top , but they thought they could do for less. We had 4 bona fide deposits and the interest was there, but as noted, they were just too worried at the time to proceed - plus Mercedes was not too keen on a Chrysler product in the high end market they felt was their own.

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes sense.

Why not take the body format of this car and put the mechanics of the current Gen car. The look is what I am after.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes sense.

Why not take the body format of this car and put the mechanics of the current Gen car. The look is what I am after.

Two different animals. This is a mid engined car that probably sits 8" lower than a Gen V. Wouldn't work. You can't make a car like these with the necessary bespoke components and make it anywhere near affordable.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One, this isn't a "supercar". It's an exotic kit car :D

Now that we got that out of the way, there are a host of reasons, only a few of which I will list:
1. Most important, regulations. A car manufacturer has to comply with zillions that cost millions. A low level kit car company gets around this for the most part
2. Parts sourcing. This is a frankencar using various parts from cars that already exist. The ME-412 is a real Supercar. Not something that the general public has dubbed a supercar. BIG difference. The people interested in plopping down big money for a supercar don't want a franken car. They don't want a car with Neon door handles, Avenger gauges, 300C seats, etc etc etc. They want a bespoke beauty.
3. You can make a bargain exotic but it's not going to look anything like the real deal. Go check out this car in person and then go look at a Ford GT. The difference in quality will be huge. Better yet, go take a look at a Mosler in person, then go look at a Zonda. Custom **** costs money. The lower the volume and the less shared parts, the higher the cost goes.

There's no secret formula here. For Chrysler to make a true "supercar" it's going to cost a **** load of money. Lexus made the LFA which isn't even a true supercar and it costs $375k. Why? Because of the enormous cost of making such a unique and low-volume car. I guarantee you the profit isn't great on it, if it even exists at all.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The First car posted is the Chrysler Firepower, that car actually uses a gen III chassis but is powered by a Hemi. The second car posted is the ME-412, which stood for Mid-Engine, (4) Quad turbo, V12.

--RS

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The First car posted is the Chrysler Firepower, that car actually uses a gen III chassis but is powered by a Hemi. The second car posted is the ME-412, which stood for Mid-Engine, (4) Quad turbo, V12.

--RS

There similar but the first car is not a firepower. The first car is just a website or magazine rendering a few years back for the Gen IV or Gen V viper.

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drew these back in 2004. There are other "concept" drawings in my "gallery" on this site, that were originally done for the New York Region Newsletter - dating back to 1996.

Here is what I said back then...

30fe4-12-2.jpg

"September 2004. The latest concept car to come out of Chrysler was the "ME Four-Twelve". The "ME" stands for Mid-Engine, and the "Four-Twelve" stands for Four turbochargers and Twelve cylinders... It makes an outrageous 850hp and it cuts the eye with its equally outrageous forward-thinking edgy design.

Perhaps - this is the new design language of the factory styling studio... Perhaps - this hard sculpted design is a hint at the direction of the next Viper.

The Gen IV Viper, by my guess, would be shown around 2010, pretty far off... Perhaps 850hp would seem "just right" for the Viper, perhaps a "non-retro" design would be desirable to set the Viper apart from its "competitors" at that time...

Anyway, here is my "concept sketch" of just what a 2010 Viper might look like if we follow the lead of the ME Four-Twelve.."

30fe4-12-1.jpg

"September 2004. Here is a side view of the 2010 Gen IV Viper "concept sketch" based on the "ME Four-Twelve" design language... I removed the twelve injector stacks under glass on this one. Some may not see this as a possible Viper, and I understand, and for those that feel that way, just call it a "FE Four-Twelve".

I have photochopped many front-engined Vipers into mid-engined Vipers I felt it was time to flip that around and create a front engined super high performance coupe out of the mid-engined "ME Four-Twelve" ..."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte