Gas struts for GTS rear hatch

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Agreed, Ebay is nice a cheap!

I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA STOP ADVERTISING HERE, REPLYING HERE, AND SPONSORING EVENTS !!

WHY THE H. DONT YOU GUYS SUPPORT VCA SPONSORS WHO PAY FOR THIS BOARD FOR YOU?
YOUR DUES DO NOT PAY FOR THIS BOARD. THINK FOR 5 SECONDS BEFORE YOU REPLY.

EBAYofTHIEVES DOES NOT PAY FOR THIS BOARD.
YOU CANNOT TRUST 25% OF THE EBAY JUNK, AND IT COULD BE STOLEN.
THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF 'WORRY' IN VIRTUALLY EVERY TRANSACTION

TATOR, WOODHOUSE, CRAGIN, ARCHER, ROE, PARTSRACK PAY YOU BACK......WHY THE F DO YOU GUYS SHOUT ABOUT THE BIGGEST FENCING OPERATION ON THE PLANET INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING YOUR VENDORS?!?!?!?!??!??!? OUR PRICES ARE COMPETITIVE, FAIR, AND MAYBE THE LOWEST AROUND....AND YOU GET THE CORRECT STUFF, WHAT A BONUS!!! SHEEEEESH..........

HALF OF ALL AD DOLLARS ARE WASTED.....THE ONES HERE MUST BE

{thanks Steve)

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Gheesh Jon...I see where you're coming from, but come on. I buy my Viper-specific and performance stuff from you (I.E. exhaust, harnesses, intake, etc.). But for goofy little trinkets like gas struts for a window, side marker lights, etc. I get them wherever I can. I acknowledged that the gas struts off of ebay may not be top notch, but I was pleasantly surprised at their quality and fitment.

I'll extend my loyalty as far as my checkbook will reach. Some of us still have to pinch pennies where we can and take advantage of the very few parts we can still get without the Viper-tax.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gheesh Jon...I see where you're coming from, but come on. I buy my Viper-specific and performance stuff from you (I.E. exhaust, harnesses, intake, etc.). But for goofy little trinkets like gas struts for a window, side marker lights, etc. I get them wherever I can. I acknowledged that the gas struts off of ebay may not be top notch, but I was pleasantly surprised at their quality and fitment.

I'll extend my loyalty as far as my checkbook will reach. Some of us still have to pinch pennies where we can and take advantage of the very few parts we can still get without the Viper-tax.

Agreed. So, Jon, if we don't buy EVERYTHING from you we get yelled at? I have purchased from you on Viper specific items, but when I needed a gas strut, I clicked Ebay and got one cheap and fast. No big deal. And do you really want calls to order something that simple? I remember wanting to buy a reverse switch from you and you told me to just get it from a local dealer. Do gas struts offer you a better margin?

BTW- You going off on VCA members (like myself) isn't going to make anyone more interested in Partsrack, probably just turn people off.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA STOP ADVERTISING HERE, REPLYING HERE, AND SPONSORING EVENTS !!

TATOR, WOODHOUSE, CRAGIN, ARCHER, ROE, PARTSRACK PAY YOU BACK......WHY THE F DO YOU GUYS SHOUT ABOUT THE BIGGEST FENCING OPERATION ON THE PLANET INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING YOUR VENDORS?!?!?!?!??!??!? OUR PRICES ARE COMPETITIVE, FAIR, AND MAYBE THE LOWEST AROUND....AND YOU GET THE CORRECT STUFF, WHAT A BONUS!!! SHEEEEESH..........

{thanks Steve) [/quote

Just a couple things I need to say here regarding this very post.

1.stop acting like a messiah because you donate money to the vca Jon. We all know it, we all appreciate it, and many of the guys you argue with seem to buy plenty of stuff off you. In fact, it seems like you make a nice living off these very guys here.

2. I bought the ebay struts for my hatch for like 40 dollars shipped brand new and they fit perfect and worked like stock, NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL!!! (why dont you post the partsrack price on this part?) I have a feeling that they are a tad more expensive?

3. Ebay does have alot of scamming, misrepresented items, and shady deals agreed. It also has saved many, including me ALOT of cash when buying items for my house and cars. Ebay also has some great vendors looking to make their profits in volume sales not price gouging each sale. I guess Adam Brennan (AB) is an ebay thief too because although he is a loyal and respected member on this board he chooses to sell his TOP QUALITY AWESOME WIRES ONL <font color="red"> </font> Y ON EBAY OF THIEVES RIGHT? By the way Jon, I bought a set off him recently and they were the awesomest looking, best fitting, and greatest value wires sold for our cars. And to think we would miss out on special products like these if we choose to not shop ebay...

4. Competitive business practice is good for the consumer Jon, it's no surprise you dislike hearing about this because it takes money out of your pocket at times. If you want a small piece of advice, join the club Jon. I would bet about only half of the viper owners ever visit this website and given that figure it seems you are missing roughly half of your target market with your parts and deals you offer here. We appreciate the job you do and availability of parts in stock you offer at discount pricing to the VCA members but the "holier than thou" mentality is [*****] and you need to tone it down a few notches.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
by the way Jon the guy I bought the struts from had a positive feedback percentage of 100% with a measily 12000+ items sold. Those are some shady numbers I know...Oh and the struts came in factory packaging heat sealed never opened vinyl type sleaves, one per sleave, MADE IN THE USA, FACTORY EXACT IN EVERY WAY.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One more thing Jon, I have driven a few hundred miles to have work done on my viper with chuck tator, even ordered parts from him as well. I called chuck like most that know him and asked for his free advice of numerous issues and deals I have come across and there is one thing I ever get from him that we seemingly cant get enough of from you... heres a hint... your post above wreaks of it...
Just last week I called chuck to tell him I was offered a set of used 10 miles unitrax halfshafts for 400 bucks. the guy upgraded to a mark williams rear right after puttig them on and chucks reply was, WOW they sell for like 800 bucks, BUY EM, not oh man, why dont you let me sell you the same thing for twice the money because I am always here answering all your questions and doing some much for our community BS.

Yeah Jon, you got me going, I am done now...

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.Screx Jon,Chuck,Dan,Roe etc.They should all go out of business.We can get information,help,parts service at any corner gas station or 5 minute lube joint for our cars.Their service and knowledge just isn't worth having to pay a few pennies more for something. GTS Bruce

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah.Screx Jon,Chuck,Dan,Roe etc.They should all go out of business.We can get information,help,parts service at any corner gas station or 5 minute lube joint for our cars.Their service and knowledge just isn't worth having to pay a few pennies more for something. GTS Bruce
what kind of jacka** post is this. who said they should go out of business?
who claimed thet serve no purpose? Did you read and comprehend what was written in this thread or did you just jump I this post with your eyes shut and ears clogged? your sarcastic post was rediculous

Stephen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Back to the tread...
Hi crazyspeed, once you have your struts (were ever you bought them...)here's a small tip about installing them, before taking the old ones, on the lower left strut there is a plastic device (alarm switch). Make sure when you take it off the old one to take mesures in order to put the the device at the same place on the new strut. If it is not at the same place you might have problem setting your alarm on.

-----------------

2000 GTS ACR Blk/Silver Strp
2005 Hemi Ram

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stephen, it isn't rocket science on that part bud, if you have it to high on the strut arm the glass will not close. i had to slide mine all the way down toward the hinge to get the glass to close. i also believe that is the defroster sensor not the alarm part you spoke about. i could be wrong but i think i am right this time.

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being in the parts buisness myself and doing a fair amount of internet buisness I would like to chime in on this one,I just love taking calls from a customer who just saved a couple of bucks on ebay and need to order the rest of the parts that they didn't receive on that great deal or need a copy of the install instruction or tech advice from one of my counter guys! I just ordered a set of these piston for my car from Chuck, I received them 3 days later with a self addressed stamped envolpe for me to just "mail him a check". I am new to the viper community but have had nothing but pleasant experiances from the people that I have dealt with including Jon at parts rack. Speaking for myself I work on a tight margin and am forced to look at everything that adds to the cost of a sale. That would include another phone person on a Monday morning and choose not to to help keep overhead down, so you answer a few more calls and maybe throw a couple on hold while you field the next call.Well I'm done rantingthats just my .02 worth :2tu: :2tu: to our parts suppliers

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) My RANT (1st one in 5000+ posts under 3 screennames?) is in favor of ALL VCA SPONSORS. I even mentioned PartsRack last. 5 of the 'bashes' above are from the same (usual) basher.

2) My primary message is toward those who blurt out "ebay' FIRST...without even THINKING of the sponsors who PAY FOR THIS SITE FOR YOU. THINK FIRST ? Thanks.

3) If you direct business to unnamed fences, who will then give you those great tips and great service, like CHUCK who was mentioned above? AND WE STOCK MANY ITEMS, just in hopes you will reward our sponsorships. THANKS, Im YELLING OUR THANKS.

4) The reason I would direct ANY business away is YOUR cost: If its a $25 switch part, I can offer no meaningful discount, it comes from WA, may take longer, and UPS makes it cost-ineffective to buy it here (or sell it here). If I cant save you, I tell you.

5) Chuck, as well as most knowledgable VCA vendors, INSTANTLY would advise you to buy authentic half-price hafshafts, 10-miles. Slam Dunk. But I would have advised "know your seller" and verify w/ Unitrax. Too Good To be True? Unitrax Claims That NUMEROUS ebay sales have been made of claimed shafts NOT THEIRS. Believe me, or call Devin at Unitax for yourself. Discovered when they BREAK.

6) Stupid-Cheap prises of new merchandise could be stolen from the dock of the manufacturer where the anonymous seller works.

All I am ranting is this: Before you recommend ebad, PLEASE THINK OF THE VENDORS HERE??????????? Thank You.

Stephen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
V10KingSnake,
I am sure I dont have your knowledge but I know that the switch is NOT defrost related, it is the liftglass ajar switch, of course if you put it all the way up the strut it wont work... there is a connection inside the switch that tell the alarm management system if the lift glass is properly close, therefore the alarm system can be activated. Sorry but on my car the switch is not all the way down. Maybe for you this is not Rocket Science but I only wanted to help......Bud :smirk:
-------------
2000 GTS ACR
2005 Hemi Ram

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crazyspeed,

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago and got them on line from autozone. They were $20.99 each plus $6 for shipping. Took a week to arrive at my doorstep. The manufacturer is Mighty-Lift and the part # is C95761. Here's the link. Mighty-Lift C95761

I agree with supportiing site sponsers and will continue doing so. Jon, Chuck and Sean are great assets to The Viper Nation. On small generic items like spark plugs, fuses, bulbs, struts, etc. I go with price/convenience. Now if you're a "purist" and absolutely have to have oem parts, then Jon and Chuck are great sources.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree they are needed and appreciated here. I also think ebay serves as a good marketplace to buy many inexpensive parts etc. I just think going with Jon's assesment of things maybe we should also get rid of the classified ad's here on the site because many of the items you can buy on there for half the cost of new we could get at Partsrack and other supporting vendors at a much higher price. lets be real here. How many of you bought parts off the classified and were happy with your purchase and value you got. I know I have been many times over. Plus just about every transaction I have done was with members unknown to me or no-members of the site. It's like anything else, buyer beware. I tend to get the phone number and speak to the seller and if they sound shady or the deal too too good to be true then use your head. Those too thick headed to discredit ebay as a raunchy place to do business is just that.

rory97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crazyspeed,

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago and got them on line from autozone. They were $20.99 each plus $6 for shipping. Took a week to arrive at my doorstep. The manufacturer is Mighty-Lift and the part # is C95761. Here's the link. Mighty-Lift C95761

I agree with supportiing site sponsers and will continue doing so. Jon, Chuck and Sean are great assets to The Viper Nation. On small generic items like spark plugs, fuses, bulbs, struts, etc. I go with price/convenience. Now if you're a "purist" and absolutely have to have oem parts, then Jon and Chuck are great sources.

Autozone is the only way to go. Had them in stock at the local store, no shipping, no surprises, and I think I paid even less than $20.99 (plus the sales guy probably won't get short with you).

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Chuck Tator and had him install while he was doing me a great service with insurance co. who was giving me a hard time paying for some parts that needed replacement under a claim.. If he hadnt helped me I would have been screwed. It was worth the few extra dollars for them. These sponsors and dealers are incredibly helpful to the viper community. Who do you guys think patrol these boards and help with everyday problems to help the do it your selfer all the time..SUPPORT THEM ALL INCLUDING PARTSRACK, TATORS DODGE, ETC..

PS..JON DONT LET THESE AHOLES GET UNDER YOUR SKIN..WE VCA MEMBERS ALL APPRECIATE YOU GUYS

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

{thanks Steve)

Yep, ******, get the part where ever it's the cheapest!!! Quality doesn't matter. Usually goes for service work, too. Then when it doesn't work, WHOA watch out. OH,Jon PM to get rear lifts for my GTS.
Got to keep it going!!! Tooo funnnny.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We live in a free market economy. Here's the price list so far.

Dodge (OEM)- $88 + tax
Chuck (OEM 20% off) - $70 + shipping (I just assumed this based on list price.)
Ebay (Aftermarket) - $39 + $9 shipping
Autozone (Aftermarket) - $42 + tax
Partsrack (Aftermarket?) - _____________

Partsrack Jon, please fill in the blanks and compete.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is hard to beleive this has become a "HOT THREAD"... Wow I bought my hatch struts on Ebay for a pitance, And I bought a Roe S/C from Chuck and had him install it to the tune of 10 grand...Do you think Chuck gives a fuc* if I bought my struts elsewhere???...I dont think so....AL

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BADVENOM is right. These people have dedicated themselves to help us all out. This is how they feed their families and have done many things for members on this board for FREE. Many times during our lives, we waste money....we buy the extra soda, get junk food that ultimately is harmful to us. Perhaps we should look further than that and say that the Mom and Pop shop is maybe better to help out than Walmart or some no-name person that is from a third world country that we will never hear from again. Yes, it is a free market economy. My choice is to choose those who help us out. It is worth the ten dollars.

OP
OP
C

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We live in a free market economy. Here's the price list so far.

Dodge (OEM)- $88 + tax
Chuck (OEM 20% off) - $70 + shipping (I just assumed this based on list price.)
Ebay (Aftermarket) - $39 + $9 shipping
Autozone (Aftermarket) - $42 + tax
Partsrack (Aftermarket?) - _____________

Partsrack Jon, please fill in the blanks and compete.

AviP, I think you're missing the point, JonBpartsrack doen't guarrantee he can save you money on every transaction...just that we should think of our own first...BEFORE dealing with outsiders...give em a chance.

I am an admitted eBay ******, and I have bought an sold many things on eBay ( including my Viper...and my Porsche) but I also try to support the sponsors.
When I started this thread, I didn't concieve it would turn out like this...let's all grow up a little bit....and can't we just all GET ALONG?
IT'S A HOBBY....WE'RE HAVING FUN AND HELPING EACH OTHER DOING SOMETHIN WE ALL ENJOY :2tu: :usa: :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4