G

grcforce327

Gauge post/pods for Gen I\'s???????????

Did they never materialize????????

:curse: :curse: :curse:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gauge post/pods for Gen I\'s???????????

PM 1meansnake and ask him. His name is Mike. I gave up on them a LONG time ago. Promises were made to a lot of Gen1 owners as to the time frame that they would be completed. If memory serves, that was last Spring. I gave up hounding Mike a while ago.

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

I guess our Gen I's are just to complex!!!Good thing they make Gen II's!

:D :buttkick: :bonker: :bonker: :buttkick: :D

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

BUMP! :D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont drive yourself nuts with the pod that does not seem to materialize.

Just buy a Mustang dual gauge pod, smooth out the ugly texture with emerypaper, then use heatgun to form it (very minor tweaking is needed.)

3114DSCN2337.JPG

3114DSCN2340.JPG

Paint black and you are done!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which pod Lauri? When looking at the pods for mustangs in the Jegs catalog, there are different pods for different years and even if it is a coupe or convertible.
Funny thing is, Autoform could have made these pods for Gen1's over a year ago but didn't want to step on the hands of the other manufacturer that was going to make them. I even started a group buy on them and had over 40 signed up.

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

If I'm not wrong it was a 1996 Mustang Pod.

Someone's been holding out on us!! Can you double check on the part # you used?That looks sweet! :2tu:

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My GTS was used to fabricate the GEN II mold. If a car is not readily available for test fits it won't happen anytime soon. What I thought could be done in just 2 or 3 fittings took ?(I lost count) Since the pattern maker passed my home in route to work he had unlimited access to the car, and it still went far beyond the target date.

This manufacturer is into high volume pieces, with the Viper the demand is not there.