Gears vs speeds vs RPM.....warning, actual math included

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this was done in Excel 2007. I created the spreadsheet parametrically. It allows you can adjust everything from weight, all gearing, tire size, dyno values, etc.

I will PM you my paypal address so you can send over $75 price for the spreadsheet. I feel its priced right since that how much SCT copy/paste tunes cost.

$75 would be a great price. :rolaugh: Getting it for free is PRICELESS. Thanks much and PM sent. :headbang:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AH! So if we have a gear issue, we can come back here to post...

Houston! We've had a problem! :lmao::lmao: :eater::eater:

Seriously though thanks for all the work you put into this. :2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home is a bit closer to town up I-45, but I do spend 8-10 hours/day in the Clear Lake area.

If you haven't joined the Houston VCA yet, it might not be too late to join us at the 10/24 track event in Angleton. This will be my first club event (not ready for the track yet), but it will be a good opportunity to meet the club.......I'm looking forward too it :D You should think about joining us.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A question - these charts are fantastic and it may not matter a lot, but, aren't most Gen II tire diameters 26"? The charts are based on 27.2". If true, the speeds are off by approx 4.5%.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A question - these charts are fantastic and it may not matter a lot, but, aren't most Gen II tire diameters 26"? The charts are based on 27.2". If true, the speeds are off by approx 4.5%.

Hmmm.... the charts are for Gen III/IV? In which case the stock rear tire diameter is very close to 27.2". So yes, you'd need to correct speeds to your tire diameter if not 27.2".

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JackB, shoot me a PM with your email address. I can send you the Excel sheet that will allow you to change most parameters (wheel size, trans gearing, final gear, etc.)