Gen 1 Exhaust Replacement

Bob Saccone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered a complete exhaust system for my 95 Gen 1 from Belangers (headers, high flow cats,and pipes).
I'm brand new in the Viper world, and would appreciate any advice on instalIation I could get from the forum. I'd like to tackle the job myself, but I don't want to start and find I'm in over my head. Thoughts?

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob you can do it, the hardest part of the job is removing the side covers, take your time, there held on by small , I think 6mm screws or something close to that, once there off the rest is straight forward , on my 95 there were silicon hangers just remember to lube them when taking on and off, let us know how you make out, and any thing we the club can help you answer. Back in 95 when I did mine it came as one big unit for each side, just had to hook it up to the header flange.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to take off the manifolds to change the exhaust.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine replaced and it made a big difference in performance. However, I hope you don't mind a very loud exhaust that backfires. You probably have had your sills repainted if you bought the car recently. Most of t the time the paint bubbles because of the heat. I had mine wrapped with airline (forgot what the technical name is) wrap that really helped cut back the heat from the exhaust sides and heat into the car. I also put in a padding to cut down the noise and heat inside the interior of the car.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used header wrap, but had no cats which makes a big difference, in 95 there was no rear O2 looking for cat efficiency so worked out great, big boost in power, in 95 from the factory they ran rich, dumping the cats helped lean it out some which also helped with power, usually cutting back pressure so much in most cars would require making the mixture richer, but in this case its just what the doctor ordered.