Gen-1 Guys- LOOK HERE!!!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have pretty much decided on biting the bullet on getting Gen-1 head gaskets produced at a reasonable cost. Of course, we will be offering an introductory price at PEANUTS compared to Dodge's current pricing.

We can really use some pre-orders on this, as the quantity we need to purchase is quite...huge. These gaskets will be of HIGHER quality than the OEM gaskets. The gasket design is the same as those used in the highest horsepower Vipers out there, and the same as what we use exclusively on every engine we build for Gen-2 and Gen-3. [along with virtually everyone else]

Here is how the prices stack up:

Normal Dodge Price: 536.00 EACH!!! (less 20% of course)
Group Buy: 125.00 Each! (That is a savings of over 600 bucks per pair, even AFTER discount!)

You may order the gaskets in any bore or thickness you want, no changes in pricing.

Please let us know if there is any interest for this!

Wholesale Orders Welcome!

Last edited:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BLASPHEMY ALERT:

Are you the Viper god? I sent out a prayer here last weekend, and you have answered it. I'm 100% in...I need me some Gen. I head gaskets!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BLASPHEMY ALERT:

Are you the Viper god? I sent out a prayer here last weekend, and you have answered it. I'm 100% in...I need me some Gen. I head gaskets!

Why, Yes. I am a legend in my own mind actually. ;)

Please keep in mind that the sooner we can get a good number of orders, the sooner we can get this underway.

Buy a spare!

Tell a friend!

Stocking stuffers!

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are these going to be the same quality as the dodge replacement gaskets? (im still running the orig gaskets 27,000 miles now on the clock)

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I should have mentioned this earlier:

These gaskets will be of HIGHER quality than the OEM gaskets. The gasket design is the same as those used in the highest horsepower Vipers out there, and the same as what we use exclusively on every engine we build for Gen-2 and Gen-3. [along with virtually everyone else]

Key Features Include:

-Multi-Layer Steel Design
-CAD designed and laser cut
-Viton sealing Surface
-Graphite coating for easy removal- no sticky mess like OEM gaskets
-Available in a range of thicknesses and bore sizes

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I will configure my website to accept pre-orders for these gaskets tonight so we can keep all the information straight.

In the mean time, please post here. I will PM all those who post with a link to the website, as well as post a link here for future purchasers.

Thanks guys!

G

grcforce327

Dan, you wanna trade for some sparkplugs in the 10 range?:D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I'll take a set!!!!

Stock bore, stock comp.ratio, simply just a replacement gasket, what should I order??

"Select Bore of engine and Thickness below, actual gasket bore will be Engine Bore + .010".

Note: For reference, OEM Head Gaskets are .053 in thickness."

????

Dan, This is the best news this year for us GEN 1 guys!!
Now I can do the ported heads and a cam without killing myself.

:headbang:THANKS!!!:headbang:

Last edited:

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested as well, but what about the rest of the gaskets needed to change the heads? I have never seen them available anywhere except for dodge. Is there any aftermarkert ones available?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, I'll take a set!!!!

Stock bore, stock comp.ratio, simply just a replacement gasket, what should I order??

"Select Bore of engine and Thickness below, actual gasket bore will be Engine Bore + .010".

Note: For reference, OEM Head Gaskets are .053 in thickness."

????

Dan, This is the best news this year for us GEN 1 guys!!
Now I can do the ported heads and a cam without killing myself.

:headbang:THANKS!!!:headbang:

For an "exact match" of OEM gaskets, order a 4.020 bore, and .051 thickness, to which I would add the .010 to attain a final gasket size of 4.030. The replacement Mopar gaskets are actually a 4.030 bore if measured to account for any size from 4.000 to 4.030. The difference from .051 to .053 is next to nothing, and will have no practical impact on compression ratio. (Though in all honesty, I still advise the general formula of bore + .010 that we always use, it gives a "tad" extra sealing area than the "one-size-fits-all" setups that Dodge sells.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am interested as well, but what about the rest of the gaskets needed to change the heads? I have never seen them available anywhere except for dodge. Is there any aftermarkert ones available?

These gaskets will likely stay supported only by Mopar, unless they force us down the "price high-road" like they have with the head gaskets. Luckily, they arent too expensive as it stands.

I can certainly accomodate anyone looking for full gasket sets. Just put a note in the extra order info box about which gaskets you are in need of, and when the time comes I will send you a sales order to review with everything listed that you had requested. All Mopar gaskets are 20% off as usual.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please remember to place the pre-order on the website guys! [link on previous page]

At this time ONLY orders placed on the website will go on record, and it only takes a couple minutes to make an account. As stated earlier, you will not be charged yet, nor even have a hold applied on your card. I just need all of the information to get a hard head count, this is first-come, first served, one-time at this price.

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great news! My car is currently on about 53,000KM which is about 33,000miles... I'm guessing that it's probably just a matter of time til they decide to go...

Dan, are you happy to post/ship to the UK?
There are a few guys over here who I am sure would likely be interested.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is great news! My car is currently on about 53,000KM which is about 33,000miles... I'm guessing that it's probably just a matter of time til they decide to go...

Dan, are you happy to post/ship to the UK?
There are a few guys over here who I am sure would likely be interested.

Hello,

No problem shipping to the UK. However, please ignore the INSANE shipping cost the website calculator will give you for UPS, I will ship them USPS and change the order info later on the international ones.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my order is in! thanks. i wonder if i should get 2 sets. its not like i would have trouble selling them if i dont use them?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
my order is in! thanks. i wonder if i should get 2 sets. its not like i would have trouble selling them if i dont use them?

Hello,

Jay, I just saw your order come through- I think you may have made a mistake on quantity? I only see the order being for ONE gasket. I you made a mistake, let me know and I will delete the order so it can be resubmitted.

I would see NO problem with being able to sell them in the future, not to mention at a profit since this price will cease to exist once this buy is over.... and I can assure you by a good margin.

Last edited:

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

No problem shipping to the UK. However, please ignore the INSANE shipping cost the website calculator will give you for UPS, I will ship them USPS and change the order info later on the international ones.

Thanks Dan,

I have started a thread over at our Club Forum in the UK in order to bring this to the attention of UK owners.

Thanks again!