Gen 3, 4, and now 5 window regulator problems

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPA posted on this a little while ago. I think the vendor changed so maybe the problem will not follow the part.

OP
OP
MoparBoyy

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looked in star parts: 4865610AG and 4865611AH. So same part, new vendor maybe? still same ****ty design.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the Gen V subforum is a cesspool of negativity. I should just stay away..

OP
OP
MoparBoyy

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the Gen V subforum is a cesspool of negativity. I should just stay away..

LOL, i'm just annoyed really, i have to fix these damn things all the time and seems like there is nothing but problems. i spoke with ralph directly about it and he said "What regulator problems?" lol.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought part of the "fix" was to redesign the opening in the door frame to make installation induced damage less likely on the Gen V.

Not that it matters, but it might explain the same part number, at least partially.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, i'm just annoyed really, i have to fix these damn things all the time and seems like there is nothing but problems. i spoke with ralph directly about it and he said "What regulator problems?" lol.
i talk to dealers all the time about thier junk stuff, i work on every make and model out there, so i see it all, i know what parts keep breaking and what parts work great- dealers allways say, why i have never seen that part go bad..... hahahahah

OP
OP
MoparBoyy

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought part of the "fix" was to redesign the opening in the door frame to make installation induced damage less likely on the Gen V.

Not that it matters, but it might explain the same part number, at least partially.

getting the regulator in and out the door is easy without damage, i personally think its due to zero flex in the parts once they are in the door. heat and vibration take there effects on the plastic, then add the stress of the window going up and down... snap!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Doubt we will hear what was changed as that would acknowledge that there was a problem.

Same design with a different plastic tube material/reinforced plastic and improved method for attaching the tube to the motor and window track would address the issue - so if this newer version does that - great.

It is a newer version and we may have a picture of a picture of it from the assembly line around here somewhere...

OP
OP
MoparBoyy

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah you can see the minor changes in it, hopefully it lasts.

good news is the price came down! LOL

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with an SRT Viper engineer about this. The part has been redesigned and the opening in the door made larger so that damage wouldn't occur on installation.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt we will hear what was changed as that would acknowledge that there was a problem.
Didn't they put a little extra "sleeve" at the connections or something? The fact that Ralph doesn't know there is a problem means he doesn't visit this board. :(

Reaction score
04865610ag.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang