Gen 4 hood on a 2006 Coupe

my427cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm: Is a Gen 4 (2008) hood a direct replacement onto a Gen 3 2006 coupe.

Any additional or updated parts to be considered? Air intake seals, latches, hinges etc?

Appreciate any info.

Cheers
Greg

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OEM Gen 4 hood will bolt right up. If you're getting an aftermarket fiberglass one or carbon fiber, you will need weaker hood struts, as the OEM ones are too strong. I just got a Carbon composites Gen 4 hood, as I could not find an OEM one. Not very impressed with the fit, but it's usable

OP
OP
M

my427cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Proedge. I've also read that the leading edge air intake on the Gen 4 hood does not seal with the Gen 3 airbox.

Do you use a Gen 4 seal or cobble up a custom air seal?

Cheers
Greg

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is twin turbo so I don't have a factory airbox anymore. Not sure about that part

cothrelo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have gen1 vipair gen4 hood on my '05. Bought it like that. Fit and qualty is just ok. I think the autofoam hoods and other body parts are the ones with the best fit that you can get right now. I've been looking at them as well to replace the one on mine vs having it fixed and repainted. I don't have the stock airbox either due to the Paxton.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper