Gen I Exhaust Questions....

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just hoping to get a little insight from those who have or have had a Gen I and have upgraded their exhaust & cat's? I have read the numerous old posts but was hoping to get any new info you guys & gals have who may have had multiple different set ups & which one you preferred best. I am leaning towards the ROE system but any additional info would be greatly helpful. :D

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I upgraded to belanger headers and roe racing side exhaust. I love the sound. But I also took out the cats completely. I've heard catless is a bit too loud for the "older" crowd. :D I don't think you would be disapointed in the ROE system with our without cats.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Borla headers, Roe HF cats / 3" muffler side exhaust. NICE!!!! A bit on the loud side, but wouldn't change it. I am glad I didn't delete the cats, it would have been far too loud.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have high flow cats and a Borla and love it. It's probably on the borderline of sounds great but any more would be too loud.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TNT headers seem to be the best for Gen1 - TNT's are no longer made but used sets can be found. I have no cats and Roe 3" mufflers....it'll wake the neighbors & get your heart pounding too.

I figure if you want a quiet Viper, buy a Vette. (or something w/o side pipes). Ryan Fox (Got One) has a very nice sounding system that was very economical - might want to PM him.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go for a used set of TNT's - do some research on them. They seem to be the best. Let's face it - does a header on a Viper really go bad?

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished having my Belangers installed .... picking it up later today. I should have a before / after sound clip next week

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left mine stock. I love diving down the street and having people come out of their house to see if the UPS man has their package.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<< In the older crowd, but installed Bellangers, no cats and 3 inch pipes--loved the noise. They advertised adding 50 HP and RWTQ, and they did. I was very impressed with the results and fit.

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you say the Bellanger exhaust compares with the ROE?

I have Bellanger on my GTS and it sounds great. I have only had the car for a week and the first thing everyone says is that the sound is amazing.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left mine stock. I love diving down the street and having people come out of their house to see if the UPS man has their package.

Man, that's just plain true.

Mines stock for now but I'll swap back to loud and raunchy in July after she goes though the sniffer..... Pretty sure it's a stock ****., just a cat delete so I'm goin' for loud UPS truck!

Edit:
Just had a look at it.. Def. not stock, it's 3" pipe not 2.5"... I'll have to take a few pics and see if you guys can identify??

Last edited:

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, this would be my first video clip, so let's see if I can do it right.

Stock 94 Exhaust vs Complete Belanger System

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77pcssV7Os[/media]

Funny enough, just got a delivery from FedEx .... truck sounded like the stock system :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, this would be my first video clip, so let's see if I can do it right.

Stock 94 Exhaust vs Complete Belanger System

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77pcssV7Os[/media]

Funny enough, just got a delivery from FedEx .... truck sounded like the stock system :)

Sounds good!

Just for fun and another comparison, here is my 95 with high flow cats & a Borla exhaust.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang