Gen III Coupe Availability?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since I've whined about this, so just in case anyone from DC is listening ..... I want a Gen III Coupe now and I'm ready to make a formal purchase commitment today!

How many others out there are willing to do likewise? Perhaps if DC realizes the profit potential (after all DC is in business to turn a profit), they just might get off their duffs and give a meaningful portion of the Viper Community what we've been screaming for. I repeat, I want a Gen III Coupe now! Anyone else care to join the choir?

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in for a Gen III coupe. Probably red with silver stripes. Make it look the the CC but street legal!

Make it look like this and you will sell them faster than you can make them, PVO:

3511081-thumb.jpg

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in...I am already planning the garage in my new house to have room for the car. Put the Sema carbon SRT engine(625 h.p.) in a street version of the CC and make it red or blue with or without stripes.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Joe,

I'm in too. But, I don't just want an SRT with a hard top on it(no offense to my SRT brothers). Just make the competition coupe street legal and raise it enough to get it on the street and I'll write the check. DC should be aware by now that there are many people out there that want this car. I'm afraid that if we don't get some info pretty soon that I may do something stupid like buy a Lambo or something. PVO are you listening? Please take my money! ;)

Doc

PS: blue and white will be just fine with me.

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in!!! Make the Red with silver like the above said or make a solid yellow (no black stripes) and count me in!!!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be keeping my Gen II coupe as long as I can see into the future and would buy a Gen III coupe as well if they make it but, if they don't have one by the 2006 model year....I may have to give my money to GM for the new ZO6! BLASPHEMY! Please don't make me do it! :confused:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think Dodge wants to tip their hand on Coupe specs until GM is totally committed to what they are going to do with new Vette, and Ford with GT. Then Dodge can announce their plans, and trounce the competition. Having the fantastic V-10 allows them great flexibility, and gives them a huge competitive edge.
Imagine a factory supercharger option.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Ray,

I know you are just kidding about the Z06. I'd like my Gen3 coupe in silver - I'll put the blue stripes on it.

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that'll make me give up my '97 blue/white GTS is an '06 CC-based street-legal coupe with >>500 HP ... in Viper Blue with white stripes, of course.

If they put strategic dents in the Gen III combustion chamber, maybe we could see a hemispherical V10??? A Whipple supercharger as a factory option would be a nice touch too.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think that DC will really want to build something for less than 100K that will compete with the McLaren SLR?

You must be registered for see images

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's likely that DC will hold off on announcing the SRT-Coupe until the SLR gets it's "day in the sun".

But on the otherhand, the SLR is distinctly different than the SRT-Coupe would be in both market and design.

I actually prefer convertibles, and I'm looking forward to seeing the SRT-10 in ACR form with 625HP, and a real rollbar.

But DC does need a SRT-Coupe with the same 625HP engine, and I think that they should also build a special ACR Coupe, which IS simply a street-legal Comp Coupe, but adds a supercharger for 750HP+ to do battle with the rumored Blue Devil Corvette, and be recognized as a full-out supercar, on par with the best out there in the world.

-Dean.

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But DC does need a SRT-Coupe with the same 625HP engine, and I think that they should also build a special ACR Coupe, which IS simply a street-legal Comp Coupe, but adds a supercharger for 750HP+ to do battle with the rumored Blue Devil Corvette, and be recognized as a full-out supercar, on par with the best out there in the world.

-Dean.

Bingo!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it in many other threads on this topic. I'll buy one TODAY!!! And keep my 97 GTS! Count me in!

But for me to buy it, it better look just like the comp couple, line for line!
Everyone is crying for 625HP, Heck, I'll buy it TODAY with only 500HP, if they take a comp coupe and add lights, turn signal, and a horn! I even want the toggle switch filled dash, raw interior, two race seats, everything like the comp coupe, including the roll cage, and air jack option!!!

A street comp coupe would be reason enough for me to cancel my deposit and order on the Ford GT!

DC, we don't want to wait any longer!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala