Gen IV hits afterburner --- 95+ in second gear!!!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In what context did those arise?

Owning an 06 and Dad's 05.. I have ******* about how much little stuff has had to be fixed under warranty on both our cars. Which with my 02 ACR I was used to, but only after I had 30-40k hard miles on it. These 05/06 gen 3s just has random odds and ends that I need getting fixed/replaced under warranty, which is a nusance. I havent been too happy with Dodge on the quality control issues with all the 06s.. not just mine. Look at stuff like Coupe trunk release issues, alarms going off, weak/wearing out differentials, power steering issues (dads just went last week), and a bunch of little things (wheel access covers flying off, window seals leaking, windows that would hit the top of the coupes when closed or opened too quickly (fixed with a pcm update), exhaust header leak, and more.. but i wont hijack this thread.

PM me if you really care about details. Just over all not happy with the quality of these cars. Others claim excellent run rate with theirs, but 2 cars 05/06 are in my family and we have issues, but then again, dad and I actually drive ours (Dads 34k miles, mine 15k miles)

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moved in for the kill, spying the small Japanese ragtop with the coffee can pipes , a mere 100 ft ahead.The left side of my mouth dropped down into a sinister sneer, already appreciating the shock wave I was about to drop near his beam, detonating fear throughout his very soul. Cruising at 70 mph, the 600 snakepower SRT10 was calm , tethered back, loping along at a sedate speed, waiting for me to drop the hammer.
Nice write-up Bill, this is what I pictured :lmao:

You must be registered for see images attach

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill....glad to see you're having fun ;)

Last edited:

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It must be a Gen 3....otherwise I could have ordered a GTS Blue/White or Viper Red/White coupe.....Right?:confused:

HAHA. gr8 point! i'm going to try & order my red 08 THIS week. any suggestions for dealers that i can get a good price from? below msrp??? :eater:
i want red, h spoke wheels & red accented interior.

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Owning an 06 and Dad's 05.. I have ******* about how much little stuff has had to be fixed under warranty on both our cars. Which with my 02 ACR I was used to, but only after I had 30-40k hard miles on it. These 05/06 gen 3s just has random odds and ends that I need getting fixed/replaced under warranty, which is a nusance. I havent been too happy with Dodge on the quality control issues with all the 06s.. not just mine. Look at stuff like Coupe trunk release issues, alarms going off, weak/wearing out differentials, power steering issues (dads just went last week), and a bunch of little things (wheel access covers flying off, window seals leaking, windows that would hit the top of the coupes when closed or opened too quickly (fixed with a pcm update), exhaust header leak, and more.. but i wont hijack this thread.

PM me if you really care about details. Just over all not happy with the quality of these cars. Others claim excellent run rate with theirs, but 2 cars 05/06 are in my family and we have issues, but then again, dad and I actually drive ours (Dads 34k miles, mine 15k miles)
i drove the heck outta my 03 (11k miles first year). & put 18k miles on my 05 in just over 18 months. i had some oddball leaking problem in the trunk (everytime it rained, trunk filled w/h20), but a tube of silicone fixed that. my alarm did go off (falsely) quite a bit when i first bought it but after a few months stopped. i nvr took it to the dlr for that b/c it was so intermittent. i was very happy w/both my vipers & am purchasing an 08. i "downgraded" my 750li bmw to a 300 srt8 after i bought the 2nd viper. i've got over 20k miles on my 300c srt8 & not a single problem. i drumped the beamer b/c i had it in for service 5 times in 4 months. all MAJOR issues. which was, of course, ridiculous for a car that cost me 95 grand out the door. the srt8 was less than half the price & i LOVE it.

i'm gonna get railed for this, but i went to a z06 btwn my 03 & 05 vipers (experimental phase... haha...). while i loved the z06, the fun factor of the viper is just overwhelming. i put about 15k miles on z06 & had several minor warranty repairs on it. 3 total, i believe.
the z06 nvr put a viper sized grin on my face!

i don't really have a point.
i'm just so excited to be getting an 08!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's too bad, as you know, I had a LOT go bad on my 98 but covered under warranty, but for 05, I've only had one little thing go wrong and get fixed under warranty in ~17.5k miles (an exhaust wrap came loose in the side sill).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drove the heck outta my 03 (11k miles first year). & put 18k miles on my 05 in just over 18 months. i had some oddball leaking problem in the trunk (everytime it rained, trunk filled w/h20), but a tube of silicone fixed that. my alarm did go off (falsely) quite a bit when i first bought it but after a few months stopped. i nvr took it to the dlr for that b/c it was so intermittent. i was very happy w/both my vipers & am purchasing an 08. i "downgraded" my 750li bmw to a 300 srt8 after i bought the 2nd viper. i've got over 20k miles on my 300c srt8 & not a single problem. i drumped the beamer b/c i had it in for service 5 times in 4 months. all MAJOR issues. which was, of course, ridiculous for a car that cost me 95 grand out the door. the srt8 was less than half the price & i LOVE it.
i'm gonna get railed for this, but i went to a z06 btwn my 03 & 05 vipers (experimental phase... haha...). while i loved the z06, the fun factor of the viper is just overwhelming. i put about 15k miles on z06 & had several minor warranty repairs on it. 3 total, i believe.
the z06 nvr put a viper sized grin on my face!
Nothing wrong with having owned a Z06, we have as well. :) But what you said...the Z06 was fine for traveling, but we don't travel!!! We STREET~~~The Viper is one heckuva BEAST and nothing like it brings such grins to our faces!!!! :D ~juli

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judas Priest !! Billy P

You try'in ta win da Nee braskee Pull-its-your Prize for writin' ??

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why thank u, Warp 10, and I kan do rithmetic 2!

Gotta go, the sheep are eating too much on the lower 40 and the grass height ain't level . You would think theyd node better, trained em myself.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree the build quality is just not up to the Porsh or even Ford GT levels. I am hoping it will get better but I don't think so. I love Vipers my VCA is my fourth, but build quality needs to be a lot better.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill - did the extra few cubic feet of trunk space in that '07 Z06 cause you even a slight bit of unease about the Gen 4 driving experience?

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear George,

Thank you so much for your sincere concern, but after driving the new Snake I decided ;

A. If you want to haul asp, get a new SRT10.
b. If you want to haul groceries, get a Snorevette.

But, what a kind and considerate thought, and thanks for bringing it up.

Yours in the Brotherhood of the Venomous Asp,
Willie Da P:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960