Gen IV; Paint Blasted from inside of Rear Wheel Wells

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed that the paint on the rear inside of my passenger rear wheel well is blasted to show some of the yellow beneath the paint (my car is GTS blue). It looks like debris thrown from the tire has just taken the paint off.

While it is easy enough to have my guy repaint the area, I am concerned that it will just happen again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any proposed fixes? I could put Venture Shield clear protection over new paint I guess I hae this on much of the rest of the car.

Thanks for your thoughts!

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will check again but my paint guy said the blue was flaking off so I think it is just debris blasting.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front wells usually take more of a beating than the rear, I've never seen yellow either? Get clear bra installed and that will stop most rock chips.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Specialty was supposed to be working on some kind of mini mud flap for these cars. My guess if they ever get around to it they would sell a ton of them. Heck I'd buy two sets.

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer will cover this matter. This is not standard "sand blasting" from the road. Instead, big pieces of paint on the passenger rear wheel well on the inside behind the wheel are flaking off. (this spot is about 1.5" wide. There is no flaking on the outside of the wheel well--all of the outside paint is flawless at 8k mi. Btw, I already have Venture Shield clear protection all over the car in the key areas (standard kit plus many custom pieces).

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm failing to understand the problem? This is a cause for celebration!! Any kind of yellow showing through your vehicle would significantly enhance the performance of your vehicle and therefore returning to the dealership with this "problem" would make the dealership realize that you actually owe them more money for the car due to the performance upgrade.

Just noticed that the paint on the rear inside of my passenger rear wheel well is blasted to show some of the yellow beneath the paint (my car is GTS blue). It looks like debris thrown from the tire has just taken the paint off.

While it is easy enough to have my guy repaint the area, I am concerned that it will just happen again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any proposed fixes? I could put Venture Shield clear protection over new paint I guess I hae this on much of the rest of the car.

Thanks for your thoughts!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmmm-i dont think rock chips are under warranty''''''''':crazy2:

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not your standard "rock chips" situation on the inside of the wheel well. Big chunks of the paint came off and only in the one wheel well. Again, the Dealer will fix this and I will consider a Venture Shield coating like I have on many other portions of the car. Apparently from this Board and the Dealer, this is not a common occurrence.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My passenger rear wheel opening on my 09 has had large paint chips fall off it too.

Maybe there was a prep issue with a batch of quarter panels....

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960