Gen IV vs C6 supercharged

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, there is this cocky guy around town that supercharged his 09 C6 and I know that we will end up racing each other in the near future.

Below are the mods for each car;

C6 corvette (not the G. sport)

-Stick
-Vortech Supercharger kit for Corvettes as listed in their website. Dont know how many lbs of boost he is running but the car puts down between 615-630 RWHP. Peak power, strong top end....
-Headers + exhaust and no cats.
-Custom tuned for 93 oct. gasoline.

His best 1/4 mile is 10.9s at 133 on street tires. Traction issues.

MY 2010 ACR:

-Oil Catch can
-K&N replacement
-Belanger Headers with cats (larger system)
-Corsa track 3"
-Mopar ECU
-Ported intake manifold
-Thundervolt 10.4mm Plug wires
-Denso iriduim spark plugs
-MGW Shifter

The races will be on the 1/4 mile and a few highway pulls starting on 2nd gear.

Who should take this one? Your opinions are more than welcome.

I DO NOT WANT TO lose to that guy!

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is trapping 133 mph, you are gonna get beat by a few car lengths - especially with that wing on the rear slowing you down.

However, challenge him on a road course and it is a different story.

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
being a vette guy coming over to viper world he is going to walk you by 4-6 cars in a 60-150 race. on 1/4 mile its anyones race due to traction!

VNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
throw on some heads and you should be okay , btw i highly doubt he will push 630 on a stock c6 block !

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A set of heads will get you to around 600-610 RWHP, I think it will come down to the driver Quote.

I wish,.... Set of heads only next year... Already getting colder here...

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive seen a few very fast C6's like that. id think 1/4 mile its close, edge to you if you can drive. highway, he beats you

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If he is trapping 133 mph, you are gonna get beat by a few car lengths - especially with that wing on the rear slowing you down.

However, challenge him on a road course and it is a different story."QUOTE"

Yes, He traps 133 mph on street tires.

My best mph was 127 but that was on stock everything but K&N and a catch can.

Do you think that 3.33s or 3.55s would "compensate" for the wing on the acr?

Road course is not an option for me here as I am not a big fan of our tracks up here...

Last edited:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess if you have to ask, you will probably get beat on the 1/4. Depends on the drivers IMO. You will probably have major traction issues. I would do the 1/4 with an open mind, but be very confident in your car and DON'T spin them tires!

My guess if you do 2nd gear pull you should start walking on him pretty good around 130 if you don't spin at all. My buddy has a 08 C6 just factory and I kick his butt on everything with my stock 99.

By the end of the day, you have a Viper and he does not. Fudge him! Its and ACR! If you do loose, threaten him with a TT setup or SC, and tell him you will be almost 800hp even if your not going to do it!

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you will run him good ... "QUOTE"

I hope so... or will have to find a way to bolt on a 75 shot with the mopar ECU or add the 3.55s....

Last edited:

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
being a vette guy coming over to viper world he is going to walk you by 4-6 cars in a 60-150 race. on 1/4 mile its anyones race due to traction!

What he said...

If and when you DO make the run. Tell him that he needs to run with his traction control OFF. All the way OFF........:drive:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Nine Ball, there is a reason you have a front splitter and huge wing on the rear and it's not for 1/4 mile race, 1 mile or straight line racing. He will win all the way to top end.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battle of the Supercars.. the Viper scorched the ZR1 in o-60 and up to about 150 in the mile but you are kinda bringing a park bench to a gun fight...

2 out of 3 slightly uphill on a 105 degree day and you're good to go...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score

4-6 cars???? WOOW you are being too optimistic.... to the vettes side of course...

For the 1/4 mile i do have a pair of 6 spokes (18 x 10s) with hoosiers D.Rs

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My guess if you have to ask, you will probably get beat on the 1/4. Depends on the drivers IMO. You will probably have major traction issues. I would do the 1/4 with an open mind, but be very confident in your car and DON'T spin them tires!

My guess if you do 2nd gear pull you should start walking on him pretty good around 130 if you don't spin at all. My buddy has a 08 C6 just factory and I kick his butt on everything with my stock 99.

By the end of the day, you have a Viper and he does not. Fudge him! Its and ACR! If you do loose, threaten him with a TT setup or SC, and tell him you will be almost 800hp even if your not going to do it!

Hey I did a consistent 1.66 60 foot. with the mods on the signature. I have 18 x 10s on DRs to drag race. I never spin again. It is fast out of the hole.
Losing is out of the question. I am racing that guy to win.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What he said...

If and when you DO make the run. Tell him that he needs to run with his traction control OFF. All the way OFF........:drive:

I dont know about him but I am going all out. Will even be removing the passenger seat which I had weight in just around 42 lbs on the scale.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Nine Ball, there is a reason you have a front splitter and huge wing on the rear and it's not for 1/4 mile race, 1 mile or straight line racing. He will win all the way to top end.

I agree with you guys, But what can I do to overcome that. Is there anybody spraying the 08-10s in Texas?

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Battle of the Supercars.. the Viper scorched the ZR1 in o-60 and up to about 150 in the mile but you are kinda bringing a park bench to a gun fight...

2 out of 3 slightly uphill on a 105 degree day and you're good to go...:rolleyes:

Problem is that is cold up here now... He will make more power and we will both lose traction unless I use my DRs for roll on race to.

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're not going to like the results if he is a good driver. With the colder warther rolling in and your factory Aero, these just aren't the races you should be looking for. Go have fun, but don't be surprised if you lose. The 1/4 mile is by far the best chance for you to grab some wins.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran a few Z06's and C6's, but you mentioned its an 09 so it's an LS3. For a 600 Rwhp and your mods , you will need the 3.55 gears trust me, I've seen the difference.

The 75hp NOS kit would be a plus but go for the gears and see the difference, if its a roll on the highway try to get him from 60km

but like most said loose the wing, I did.

Dayton937

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grandsports weren't offered until 2010. His car was also tuned for 93 from the factory. He just had to have it tuned for the mods.

throw on some heads and you should be okay , btw i highly doubt he will push 630 on a stock c6 block !

I don't doubt he's pushing 630 on a stock C6 block at all. The LS3 motor as a whole is very boost friendly. My cars been running 620rwhp for years, beaten hard for a lowly LS2. LS3 + **** + Boost + Good Tuner = 700rwhp+ easily. The further north of 600 though, the riskier it gets.

I have a buddy that has bolted a Vortech onto his 06 ZO6 and is pushing 730+ at the wheels. Fast as hech too.

The Z06 LS7 is not the best motor to boost. VERY thin cylinder walls, high compression, etc etc. Z06s with bolt ons can easily hit 575rwhp though. They're just not a FI friendly motor.

He's in a lighter car. 3200lbs +/- 50lbs. Stick, centrifugal blower which means no instant torque but he'll pull harder and harder. If he converted to the Z06 widebody kit, he can fit fatter tires.

Drivers being equal, you'll lose by 2-4 car lengths on the street.

Don't say that you'll TT or SC it either. He can build his motor for less than $5k, throw more boost at it, and hit 800-900rwhp. Of course, drivetrain is a different story as his stubs, half shafts, fuel system, etc will need upgraded. The longer the race goes, the more of a disadvantage you'll be at. His SC will pull harder up top and your aero will start to hurt you...bad. There's always someone faster, no worries.

Unless he's an ******, it doesnt matter who wins or loses. It'll be great fun.

I just mopped up by a 850rwhp Charger. Was a blast!

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DO NOT WANT TO lose to that guy!

I wouldn't show up then because unless he can't drive you are going to lose. If it's a 6 speed hope for a misshift and cross your fingers. ProCharged Vettes are very fast. Automatics are even faster.

If you want to win you better hurry and put 100-150 shot of juice on your car. Kits are fairly reasonable and safe if used in moderation.

Keep us posted.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Driver's race in the 1/4 but my money is on you.

Don't worry about the wing in the 1/4 either as it really won't hurt you. My 09 ACR equipped just like your car (same color too!) makes 585 rwhp / 565 rwtq on DC's conservative dyno.

I've run sub 11 seconds and trapped 135 mph, so your launch and driving is everything.

Some good advice above. Have him turn off his traction control and if you launch as well as you say you can on Drag radials, i.e. 1.66 60ft, as you pull away from him at the light, he WILL panic and blow the tires off of the car.

I've raced a few ZR1's who thought they'd kill me in the 1/4 and I've beaten all of them so far ..... it's all in the launch and not spinning.

From a roll, start relatively slow, say 20 mph and shut down at about 135 - 140, in any case before 150 mph. At 150 mph, the drag of the Aero will kill you.

If all else fails, negotiate a deal to drag him, roll on race him and go to a local road course with him. You will likely win two out of three at worst. You will crush him on a road course if you can drive even a little bit.

FYI, don't remove the wing and run above 150 mph as the front splitter, even without the center extension, will make the rear of the car very light and you won't like it.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen