Gen IV vs C6 supercharged

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Add the Mopar PCM and use Torco fuel additive. Mix 1.6oz per gallon to 91 octane. That will give you 95 octane. My gen IV with Belanger headers & exhaust made 630rwhp 613rwtq

That's one generous chassis dyno or one exceptional car.

A few guys posting big numbers like that here had their cars "dynoed" on the type of dyno that attaches to their rear wheel studs. Never seen one make that kind of power any other way with your mods.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can u please tell what u have on ur viper.

Dallas Performance Heads, Full Belanger Exhaust, Dallas Perfromance Ported Intake, K&N filter (Still have stock PCM). Car made around 535rwhp stock so the Ported Heads, Intake, and exhaust really wakes the Gen IV's up.

Car made 603rwhp and 568rwtq on the same dyno

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran nitrous in a truck around 10 years ago and was fun as hell. You are right about refilling the bottle becames a PITA but I am really looking at this as an "emergency button situation only" for races like the one I mentioned.:2tu:

The only thing is, how to pull 2-3 degrees off of a gen4 engine in order to spray safely a 75-100 shot. So, While I continue to exchange e-mails with RSI will also hear what your friend at nitrous outlet has to say.

Don't shoot me if this is a stupid question. but..... if you were to run a stand alone fuel system for when you ran nitrous, couldn't you just run Race Gas in it and not have to pull any timing out? one would just need to know what octane to run to be covered on the fuel side? No?

Big Turkey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To spray a 100-150 shot yes that should work fine. You could even just throw in 50/50 mix of race fuel in the tank for that small of a shot, go to a colder plug and you shouldn't need to retard timing.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know with the stock PCM's a shot of N20 causes the computer to close the throttle making the car buck at speed. I'm not sure if the Mopar unit helps to aid that problem or not. As for the race, its possible to out drive him but barely if he's also a good driver, a small shot into the air box or N20 plate at the TB's should do the trick. I'm sure you know not to spray down low as these engines make massive amounts of TQ with N20 mixed in.
Make sure to video this with some kind of "Go-Pro" camera to avoid the weight of a passenger.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know with the stock PCM's a shot of N20 causes the computer to close the throttle making the car buck at speed. I'm not sure if the Mopar unit helps to aid that problem or not. As for the race, its possible to out drive him but barely if he's also a good driver, a small shot into the air box or N20 plate at the TB's should do the trick. I'm sure you know not to spray down low as these engines make massive amounts of TQ with N20 mixed in.
Make sure to video this with some kind of "Go-Pro" camera to avoid the weight of a passenger.

I know and thanks for the tips. I already bought a great set of forged pistons/rods and will have it installed this coming winter ( fingers crossed) to run nitrous or turbo without any doubts or fears. I don't want to run a small shot as that will not satisfy my need for speed.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any update ??? have raced the vett ???

I had the intake ported by BBG but wasn't able to drive the car this year and wont until next year. Too many issues with insurance companies and my bad diving record added up with outrageous quotes that I just prefered to live it alone until next year. Car is in the garage :(
In the meantime, bought forged internals for the short block and plan on having it rebuilt to take a 250hp or so shot of nitrous or a turbo kit (if we have an engine programmer available by next year).
Time will tell...

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After 2 years of posts I'm sure he has by now.

We ended up never racing. Unf****believable I know...

He is going low 11s @ 130+ and his best was 10.7s

I went 10.96s at 126 as my best time minus ported intake.
Won't be able to drive the car any soon so the race will have to wait until next year.:( Good news is I will be coming back waaaayy stronger.:headbang:

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the intake ported by BBG but wasn't able to drive the car this year and wont until next year. Too many issues with insurance companies and my bad diving record added up with outrageous quotes that I just prefered to live it alone until next year. Car is in the garage :(
In the meantime, bought forged internals for the short block and plan on having it rebuilt to take a 250hp or so shot of nitrous or a turbo kit (if we have an engine programmer available by next year).
Time will tell...

Here is a race between me and a supercharged c6. The guy tolled me he is making 620-630 rwhp. My mods in my sig.
I raced him 4 times he won every race. The last race between us I feel we had a very clean start, I was by his rare till I missed 4th gear.

Any way he was great guy with a fast car compared to mine.
I was happy with my viper and think it could have been closer race with a good even start and better driving.

BTW, this race was at pocano race way, we did a roll on street type racing for about a half mile.

Watch in HD

Viper vs supercharged c6 :

outside cam : http://youtu.be/S5oKIPj_iPw
inside cam : http://youtu.be/3gAT_vwiuvQ

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a race between me and a supercharged c6. The guy tolled me he is making 620-630 rwhp. My mods in my sig.
I raced him 4 times he won every race. The last race between us I feel we had a very clean start, I was by his rare till I missed 4th gear.

Any way he was great guy with a fast car compared to mine.
I was happy with my viper and think it could have been closer race with a good even start and better driving.

BTW, this race was at pocano race way, we did a roll on street type racing for about a half mile.

Watch in HD

Viper vs supercharged c6 :

outside cam : http://youtu.be/S5oKIPj_iPw
inside cam : http://youtu.be/3gAT_vwiuvQ

I pmed you.

Don't worry, you shouldn't lose to him anymore in 2 weeks or so :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala