Gen V Discussions are getting very stale

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In looking through some of the recent threads, it's obvious there is not really anything of substance to talk about for anymore. No one has any real info about he car and the guessing is getting silly. When is SRT going to give us some real info, where are the brochures, when is prostitution starting, oh and the PRICE!!!! My interest is definitely waning.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. There needs to be a new batch of press images released as well, including such things as, stripes, Track Pack, new colors and the SRT hood. Also, pricing should be released.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imaginge around the time VOI is going on is when they will put out some new info. I production starts around that same time.

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"When in prostitution starting"

I just noticed my major typo and got a good laugh, which amused me more than these threads have in a while.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree as well. I just want to see some performance numbers. It has been months since the release and nothing really new except pics.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than price, not much more info that SRT can hand out.

When ordering opens up they should have lists of all the options and pricing, but that should not be till after the dealers meetings.

I would supposed that auto mags are lining up to get to drive the first pre production models to get initial driving impressions, and some hard performance numbers.

Then the production cars will become available, and then delivered cars to owners.

Not sure what else SRT could release right now.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll all get a little bit o' juice at this weekends ALMS event at Mid Ohio........

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine being a Camaro fan, and having to wait 3 years for the real production info to be revealed once you saw it driving around the Transformers movie. The same thing is going to happen with the new NSX - it feels like old news by the time it's released years later. After closely following the new Camaro release in 2010, I am very happy SRT has unveiled the car and info this way...literally, only 8 months after it was debuted, it can be sitting in your driveway!

With all of that said, I too am terribly impatient...

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it will make much of a difference but they could be waiting until the car is 100% correct and production ready. If I were the boss, I know I would. Ralph had mentioned they are making the spoiler a little taller. He said the 355s are not ready yet so the pre-production cars are running 345s. It's also been mentioned they are revising the SRT hood which is why it isn't released. My guess is SRT is holding out until these issues are corrected. There is no point giving the rags a car that might not be on par with the final product. My 2 cents.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just saw that the American Le Mans will be broadcast on ABC on Saturday which is cool since Direct TV doesn't get ESPN3. Keeping my fingers crossed for a great showing. That would certainly jump start the excitement again.

So - does anyone know when the magazines are going to get the first cars for their reviews?

Live qualifying begins Friday, August 3 on ESPN3 beginning at 12:15 PM Eastern Time.
The green flag drops on Saturday, August 4 on ABC beginning at 2 PM Eastern Time.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could they possibly be revising the SRT hood it looks like it's meant to be, a natural evolution of Viper just like Porsche is doing to the 911 :)

Hopefully they will not change it too much if at all.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something but I do not see any reason why comprehensive photos/ digital creations, in each of the available colors, of both new Viper variants, cannot be released. I would like to see an SRT model from all angles. In black of course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960