1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen2 GTS ProEfi 128 install help

Discussion in 'Performance Modifications' started by Vabutkus, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Vabutkus

Vabutkus Enthusiast

Searched whole forum for this but no luck. Doing a ProEfi128 standalone install in my 97 GTS and can't find the info I need. Stock harness has 5 coil driver wires so I believe its 5 pairs (if remember correctly 1-6, 5-10, 8-9, 4-7, 2-3), so my question is - do the ProEFI 128 coil outputs 1 to 5 match the stock EMS coil driver outputs? The Plug n Play patch harness was available from the ProEfi at some point, so technically it should be possible to wire it in without any major modifications.

Also the stock gen2 alternator/generator has no internal voltage regulator, the 128 unit has ability to control and adjust it, but cant seem to find how to wire it in. There is a wire for field driver in the harness which goes to the alternator.In addition there is also a wire to the generator lamp in the dash, which I would like to keep.

Reverse lock-out solenoid, do I need to keep it with the proefi unit?

2-3 skip shift solenoid, also no dedicated or near outputs. Any obvious way to setup it through the ProEfi software?

I have wired the AC request and AC clutch relay controls, but not sure of the AC Switch input. I would like to keep the AC as it gets seriously hot where I live during the summer.

P.S. I have tried contacting the tech support but no answer.

Any help and advices much appreciated,
    Vaidas

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Vabutkus

Vabutkus Enthusiast

Ok, I have wired in Bosch ignitors and done with the coils.