GM launches employee pricing on Wed...what will Chrysler do?

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM is launching employee pricing PLUS cash on 90% of their 2008 models (including vetts). Even on some of their 2009 models- mostly trucks.

What will Chrysler do to match this? I have seen 08 Vipers starting to sit at dealers. Most new Viper EBay auctions finish with under reserve bids or no bids at all.

Add to this, no more subsidized leases by Chrysler and you have a bit of a cash crunch for dealers....:omg:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't we receive a special pricing notification with the last Viper magazine? I believe it was the Affiliates Rewards Incentive (excludes Viper).

Reaction score
The only things in the news are negative things, I would not say from our end of the world here it is anywhere near that desperate. The news drives the market and I refuse to believe that it is all that bad judging from where we sit in the Midwest anyways. Farmers and businesses need trucks so they will continue to buy them. People may shy away from SUV's if they don't have to have them but they still need cars. Gas will even out again and people will adjust.

The only reason there is any panic or doom and gloom is because we read about it somewhere else. Look around yourselves, is it all that bad? Nope life is still pretty darn good when you consider what it could be. $2 a gallon gas does not make life good or bad, it's just gas. Stop believing all the hype and just enjoy the life we have. It is far too short to sulk over a few extra dollars for gas.

Of course all this is just MHO.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM is launching employee pricing PLUS cash on 90% of their 2008 models (including vetts). Even on some of their 2009 models- mostly trucks.

What will Chrysler do to match this? I have seen 08 Vipers starting to sit at dealers. Most new Viper EBay auctions finish with under reserve bids or no bids at all.

Add to this, no more subsidized leases by Chrysler and you have a bit of a cash crunch for dealers....:omg:

I hope that Chrysler never offers any kind of incentive on Vipers, especially 0%. I think it dilutes the brand and kills those of us that have already purchased one as far as resale value. I am on my 3rd Viper now and have always come out ok on resale. I just got rid of a nice 08 Vette and took a beating on it because the market is flooded with them on lots and dealers are offering 0% and every other kind of incentive under the sun. I learned the hard way to not fool with Vettes.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't imagine that they give a hoot about resale as none of these cars will be leased in the future or probably have been historically. They need to move cars and create more demand. Selling all of them in lieu of decreased production can be had with incentives. Borrowing the Ferrari approach of building one less than total demand helps carry the brands equity.

Have untitled 06's sitting on dealer lots hurts the halo far more than a sales incentive ever could.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i already bought 2 gm products this year... probably should have waited... i got a smashing deal on a srt8 jeep at employee pricing

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone can get employee pricing on most Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles through Sep. 30. It is called the CDI (Certain Designated Individual) program. You do not have to even be related to the employee. There is a $200 program fee added to the CDI price but other than that the sale price is the same as what the employee pays.

Each Chrysler employee can give out ONE CDI discount to anyone they choose. Find a Chrysler employee and ask nicely. :)

Here are the vehicles that Chrysler says are not eligible, according to the company website. You will notice that the list does not exclude the SRT10 Viper convertible.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Dodge Sprinter, Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, and Dodge Challenger[/FONT]

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That is big news....thanks for sharing!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_