Going to the track with my GTS any advice?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry....I goofed that up....the answers to your Q's are in the quote box....except for the last one.

To maintain "Dodgeness" the calipers (also brembos that used to say "Porsche") now have painted "Viper" logos.....but Viper folk still ask *** when they see the rotors.....

Fronts (with spacer plate obfuscating the 11 holes!)

Front_rotor_and_caliper.jpg

and the rears where you can see the tell-tale 11 holes....

Roll_cage.jpg

The interesting thing is that this car is driven harder and faster than the street car ever was, and even though the rotors have the poop drilled out of them, they last a long time and never crack. I assume its that German metallurgy or something because there is a huge difference between the Viper rotors and the Porsche rotors in terms of longevity and heat management.

All of this is irrelevant to the street-GTS-on-the-track question.....I was just trying to help a brother avoid messing up blingy rotors at a track day
:)

The reason factory "Porsche" rotors do not crack as often as others is less to do with the metallurgy or composition of the rotor but rather because factory Porsche rotors are cast with the holes, instead of cross-drilling them after the fact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960