Good deal on some motons...

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently not looking for a set but there is a good deal for a set of moton club sports on the auction site, just thought I would let people know. I have no relation to the buyer, I wasn't even the one that found it but 98intrigue, be warned though, look up the vin of he car it came off of, looks like it was in a nasty wreck so I am wondering if they are undamaged?? Thought I would be on the lookout for other vca members. :)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks sooo much for this heads up. I just bought them!!! And Im 2 hours from the seller so I can pick them up in person and make sure they arent damaged before I pay. Thanks again bud :2tu:

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks sooo much for this heads up. I just bought them!!! And Im 2 hours from the seller so I can pick them up in person and make sure they arent damaged before I pay. Thanks again bud :2tu:

Not a problem, if I was local to check if they were damaged I probably would have snatched them up myself :)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wayne...I'm shocked you were able to find a good deal!

Thanks for the heads up Krystian

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW Wayne, just curious, I thought per pics I saw you already had a set of motons on your blue viper? Did you have issues with the first set or are you onto a different car now?

And if anything Ryan, I was just keeping myself away from the temptation of buying them even though they were a steal if they turn out to be undamaged!

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Krystian, still kicking yourself for not getting them? Haha!

The Viper they came off of...
You must be registered for see images

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a hard hit for sure but the wheels didnt seem to take any real hit so may still be good. Its worth my 100 mile drive to look at them for $2000 but Im no dummy if theres damage Im out.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a hard hit for sure but the wheels didnt seem to take any real hit so may still be good. Its worth my 100 mile drive to look at them for $2000 but Im no dummy if theres damage Im out.

Exactly, basically why I could not pull the trigger, the auction was sold as is and although it was a great deal, its a much better deal for someone local that can inspect them before handing over the cash.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn you Wayne!
A set pops up pretty close to me for a great price and you have already snatched them up! You've already had a car with Motons and got rid of it. How bout giving someone else a chance! lol

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Exactly! Now Im spoiled and cant settle for less but really cant swing the $5000 for new. I promise this time when I sell my Vipers I will not let the motons go again.

I feel the same way. I would love to have them, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for them.
I was hoping the market would get flooded with them since the new versions just came out, but no such luck, yet.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, if they turn out to be alright I better get first dibs if you decide to sell them since I did find you the deal! :)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why are these motons so valuable. Do they make that big a difference in ride?

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you install Motons or do you need a shop? Do they require a new alignment? Am talking myself into these, but would prefer to do the work myself.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you install Motons or do you need a shop? Do they require a new alignment? Am talking myself into these, but would prefer to do the work myself.

You can install them easily by yourself. You will need an alignment afterwards if you lower the car which you very likely will do.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me Motons/MCS coilovers are worth every dime and more. Especially if you want to go really low and still retain an amazing ride quality. My front is 2"s lower and my rear is over 2"s lower than stock height and the car rides better at that height with motons than it did stock. Like Paul said Magic carpet ride!! And yes very easy install if you have basic wrenching skills but DEF will need a alignment anytime you mess with suspension.
Just call Mark at Woodhouse and order a set now. You can shoot me a "thank you" PM after you take your first ride on them.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After nearly 30 mins on choppy cement freeway tonight Motons sound better and better.
Ugggg$$$$

Reaction score
The MCS shocks or the old Motons are sold to 60% of customers just because of the incredible ride they give and the ability to lower to your hearts content is icing on the cake. You do need to know though that lower is not always better for handling, there is a limit and the rake the car needs is also a big deal.

You can install them yourself (many have), but you will need to find a shop to help you charge the canisters with nitrogen when you are done. Spend the time corner weighting the car when you get it aligned for the best handling.

After nearly 30 mins on choppy cement freeway tonight Motons sound better and better.
Ugggg$$$$

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a set of MCS's from Woodhouse after owning ACR coilovers and KW V2's. It was money well spent and I think my 2008 coupe might be the smoothest riding vehicle I own.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been marveling at how nice my newly acquired 08 rides. Now I realize it is the Moton's!

I bought a set of MCS's from Woodhouse after owning ACR coilovers and KW V2's. It was money well spent and I think my 2008 coupe might be the smoothest riding vehicle I own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4