Good Luck in Bowling Green!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My daughter is graduating from college so I won't be able to attend the V10 Nationals in Bowling Green this week. I'm sorry to miss the event, but I'm sure there will be some incredibly fast cars there! Watch out for RedSnakeGTS's twin turbo beast!!!

See you at the next one!

--------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman (Ward) won the 9.90 class...he beat Norm and driver big gun scott from Tx in the final, he also beat SW earlier in competition.
Norm and Scott won the all motor class.
Mike Robbins from Ringgold Dodge won the 10.50 class.
V10MOJO won his class......it was his birthday.
Dr. Roof won the fast class and the drag radial shootout.
Tom Welch won the street tire shootout.
H M.S TT/nos SRT10 went 9.6x at around 156
My tranny change after Fl. didn't work out so well...it was very hard to shift so we changed to another transmission at the track and it was the same. My problem is in the slave cylinder or the clutch.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"he beat Norm and driver big gun scott from Tx. (and me) SW was also in this class.
Norm and Scott won the all motor class."

I thought there was a whole big deal about having to drive your own car in the V10 Nats!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving your own car is for the street tire shootout... other than that, anyone can drive your car.

There were some faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast cars out there. Those of you who weren't there missed a hell of a good time!

JD

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As posted above, there were some AWESOME Vipers at this event.

Though my commute from INDY yesterday was such that I could only stay at Bowling Green 1.5 hrs., I got to see some beautifully prepared cars...and cars that could GO !!!!

Congratulations to David Boggs for such a great event !!!

From a personal viewpoint, I think David is evolving a real winner here...and one that will attract more and more participants and sponsors. I SURE wish that I had more time yesterday ! Viper Nation, pay attention to the schedule of future events...it's worth the drive !!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ab, I was shown a black Viper with the RSI cars that had an auto...don't know if that was the one you were referring to or not, as there could have been others.

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time too. Just wish I hadn't sold my Viper 2 days before the event. :(

Met some really nice people, Jason Heffner, John [******], Doug Levin, the Underground Racing guys, and plenty of others. Also met at least one really "cocky" guy too. I think there's a video out there somewhere of he and I "battling Ego's"???? Underground, you copy??

Anyway, David has proven he can hold a well organized, competitive, and most importantly fun event! Thanks David!!

I know I wasn't running a Viper, but for those who wondered what was wrong with my turbo Formula when I grudge matched Moundir's(sp?) 920rwhp DLM car, my #1 plug wire was off and had burned through from laying on the turbo manifold (which is why it literally died going down the track against him). Guess that's what I get for leaving my hood up all day and not staying by my car, huh?. Of course it's possible the plug wire popped off all on it's own....

Anyway, I replaced the wire and spark plug and ran a 10.17 last night on a 1.47 60ft. Now that Moundir and I are 1 and 1, it could make for an interesting showdown next time. :)

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Ward (Cudaman) he deserves it with all the bad luck he's had in the past.
Good to see the Florida Vipers representing us so well.

Congrats Tom Welch.

Wish I could have been there to take the 11.5 class. :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, I want to mention that Joseph Dell in his DLM car had never broken into the ten's in the few times he had been to the strip.....this weekend in the heat, not only did he run a 10.60 but he also pulled off a ten.xx second run in the finals under pressure. Congrats Joseph !!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony!!!

It felt great to finally get a 60 ft time under 2.0 for once! And to have a few 10.x passes was awesome! Especailly on BFG's!

You were right all along... a little seat time in the car will go a lonnnnnnnnnnng way! Thanks for the support!

I'll try to remember to do a burnout in the finals next time, though... :) Doh!

Hope to see y'all at the next event!!!

JD

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Chuck Babel

You drove that car ALL the way to Bowling Green and ran an event and then drove her home. How many miles do you have on her 95 - 100,000 miles and all on the orginal clutch...... there should be an award for THAT!!!!!!

Cudaman :usa:

Florida did very well @ V-10 Nationals....I think 8 or more awards!!!!!!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Chuck Babel

You drove that car ALL the way to Bowling Green and ran an event and then drove her home. How many miles do you have on her 95 - 100,000 miles and all on the orginal clutch...... there should be an award for THAT!!!!!!

Florida did very well @ V-10 Nationals....I think 8 or more awards!!!!!!

Ward you da man! You made all of the M2 crew proud. You drove the wheels off your car. It was great meeting you. :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brain....Enjoyed hooking up with you and the wife! Thanks for renting the restaurant for all of us. :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman, Glad to see at this event you were able to pull through with a win. Well done!

Chuck, Glad to meet you and talk. A good driver like yourself shouldn't have to modify his stock car to run in the stock class. Maybe Dr.Roof will move the index to 12.50
next season or sooner to let more truly stock cars have a chance.