Got An Ipod,you May Want This.

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys,just to pass on a bit of info.I was gonna go with the ipod adapter thing.
But when i was in costco i noticed a gadgit from belkin,ipod tuner fm.
plug in any ipod,comes with diff cradles,plug it in the acc power socket,pick a hz channel
then match that with the head unit,and you have all your music right there.
if you get any interference,just tune to another band.all i can say is its great,very easy to setup out the box,maybe 5 mins. im in england uk,the cost was £50 pounds,so i reckon about $100. its nice to play with when im parked up,:D i

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FM modulators have been around a long time. Apple has offered one since they introduced the Ipod years ago. It nice since you can take it car to car, and it's clean and easy to install, but the drawback is lousy sound.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't tried one lately, try one now.

Technology is always improving. Now, the sound is extremely clear if you buy a good quality unit. I use mine all the time in my GTS and it sounds as good as the CD player.:2tu:

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you haven't tried one lately, try one now.

Technology is always improving. Now, the sound is extremely clear if you buy a good quality unit. I use mine all the time in my GTS and it sounds as good as the CD player.:2tu:

I'm sure they sound a little better know, but as good as a CD? FM radio is nowhere near CD quality (FM Freq is used to transmit sound), and then you are talking about MP3's that are compressed files that have portions of the sound range removed to save space. Obviously, you can rip an MP3 at a high bitrate to save the quality, but it is not as good as an original CD (not that you can really tell in a loud car like a Viper). Hardwiring always gives you the best performance, but is not nearly as convenient. I suppose in a car like the Viper, it would do the job nicely since the car is not radio friendly, but in a quiet car, you can really hear the shortcomings.

OP
OP
V

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i did the dvd sat nav,7"monitor,hands free cell phone ,ipod interface,800 watt amp,new speakers,cooling fans etc to my 01 zo6 vette,about xmas time.
sound is outstanding.
lets just say i was not gonna go there again for a long while.ok so the ipod tuner may reflect its not loads of $$$$.but it does do the job,with no down time,and $$in the bank
for proper stuff like exhaust,headers cats .........all the stuff to drown out any sound system.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302