got my lift installed

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I got my lift installed and my garage door raised this weekend. and I joined the VCA.
Im looking foward to meeting the Kansas City group.
Mitch
Harleyman
You must be registered for see images attach
[/IMG]

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]Nice lift! :2tu:
I have the Rotary 4 Post also except in blue. I see you have the extended ramps. I also purchased two jack trays. One for the scissor or bottle jacks and the other for the jack stands.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all, I got my lift installed and my garage door raised this weekend. and I joined the VCA.
Im looking foward to meeting the Kansas City group.
Mitch
Harleyman
[/IMG]

Looks nice :) Can you post what the specs are on the lift, ie...height, and overall width? I need to see if that will fit in my garage.

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the specs on the lift. http://www.revolutionlifts.com/library/pdf/revProd.pdf
Mine is a XLT and i have a 12' ceiling and it far from the ceiling. i can park my pathfinder under with ease.
One the ramps i got the extended. my front end lowest point is 3 3/4" and it does clear without hitting. the ramps have a pull pin so you can remove the ramps with ease.
I spent a hour under the car just looking to see what she looked like underneath. I might wax the frame tonight
I will post more photos later today when i get home showing the lift. from different angles.
Mitch

Last edited:
OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/IMG]

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone care to share how much they cost? Also, do they install it or is it a do-it-yourself project? I am thinking of building a seperate garage for my Viper and my SRT-4. Thanks for the info.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone care to share how much they cost? Also, do they install it or is it a do-it-yourself project? I am thinking of building a seperate garage for my Viper and my SRT-4. Thanks for the info.
I don't have the extended version of the Rotary 4 Post Lift because I am not planning on lifting or driving my SUV on or under the lift, so for me the standard version was fine. It cost $2950 if I wanted to buy it outright and install it myself. Plus, I would have needed to rent a truck to pick it up at the truck freight delivery building. So, I paid a total of $3800 and had the Co. deliver and install it for me and it came with a 2 year warranty. It has had 2 cable adjustments within the first year due to cable stretch. No big deal. It took 2 guys 8 hours to install. Just did the first oil change on the Viper with the use of the lift. I love it! :2tu:

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not as bad as I thought it would be. I appreciate your feedback. How hefty a circuit did you have to run for it? I was on Long Island about three weeks ago for a week and didn't see a Viper the whole time I was there. A couple years ago when I was up there it seemed like I saw two or three a day. I was born and raised there and left when I was 18 to go in the Navy. I retired 8 years ago and stayed in Virginia Beach. You just can't beat the food up there. Thanks again forthe info.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's not as bad as I thought it would be. I appreciate your feedback. How hefty a circuit did you have to run for it? I was on Long Island about three weeks ago for a week and didn't see a Viper the whole time I was there. A couple years ago when I was up there it seemed like I saw two or three a day. I was born and raised there and left when I was 18 to go in the Navy. I retired 8 years ago and stayed in Virginia Beach. You just can't beat the food up there. Thanks again forthe info.
My 4 Post Lift plugs into a regular 110v outlet. You can order one that runs off 220v if you prefer. The difference is the 220v will lift the car to the top position faster than the 110v. Mine takes about 1 min. to get to the full top position when starting off the ground. I think the 220v gets the car in the air in about 30 sec. I'm in no rush to get the car in the air so I ordered the 110v.
Your right about not seeing too many Vipers out here on the Island, although I am starting to see them creep out little by little. So far I have seen a red, black, and yellow Gen 2 within the past 3 weeks. :2tu:

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the extended version of the Rotary 4 Post Lift because I am not planning on lifting or driving my SUV on or under the lift, so for me the standard version was fine. It cost $2950 if I wanted to buy it outright and install it myself. Plus, I would have needed to rent a truck to pick it up at the truck freight delivery building. So, I paid a total of $3800 and had the Co. deliver and install it for me and it came with a 2 year warranty. It has had 2 cable adjustments within the first year due to cable stretch. No big deal. It took 2 guys 8 hours to install. Just did the first oil change on the Viper with the use of the lift. I love it! :2tu:

It took my wife and I a day to install it. Most of the time is decieding on exactly where i wanted it placed. you can't move it once it set up,unless you order the casters. i did have to get my neigbors over to help lift off the one rail with the cables in it off the trailer. it was the heaviest. 400 lbs. as for power you have a choice of 110 or 220 you dont need the 220 unless your using it every day all day long. i just ran a 110 circit down from the attic in the garage down the center support beam so it would be close to the motor. i did not want to use a extendion cord.
If you get the lift at a show they will deal with you in getting extras or discounting on shipping. i saved over 300.00 from orderin from a distrubetr not direct ordeing from rotery. You just have to have a a 16 foot trailer to pick the unit up from a trucking company that they will ship to locally to you. It is not hard to set up. if you can change your own oil and filter you can put this unit together. very easy to adjust locks and cables. anyone that gets one will not regret it.:2tu: