Got my SRT10 a week ago, and so far........

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got rid of the RT/10 and replaced it with this Black SRT10.
It's an '04 with 4k miles, damn near mint.
I'm going to put some more miles on her before I come to any conclusions. But so far it's very obvious that it's got alot more power than the Stock RT/10 I had. Much more refined. The seats are tight and wrap you up. My wife loves the power adjustable pedals, cup holder, etc. (I don't need them of course :D )
The Radio, as I posted a few days ago, is giving me fits. So I'll be taking it in next week.
It's definately a hell of a car. From some angles it really looks mean, and others it looks smooth. But we all know that.
Love the side exhaust! First time I've experienced that! :2tu:

Roads are cold, so I haven't been able to enjoy My Favorite local road course along the Lake. But Sunday's supposed to be 75*! :2tu:

Here are a couple pictures I took an hour or so ago, angles I like.

1494srt10rear-med.jpg

1494srt10-med.jpg

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking good, after your extensive testing of the vert, you will have to post. I have been seriously thinking about getting a black sert. Congrats Casey she is a beaut.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride Casey. I wish they could have done a better job of hiding the gas cap door or made it more subtle, it just sticks out like a sore thumb.

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCHWEET!!! You're such a tease. Picking up my ride in a week. Can't wait...& guess what color? U got it...black

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Casey,
did you keep the 99 gts? Thoughts on driving one after the other? Could you sell the GTS and not miss it based on enjoying the new ride so much?

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey,
did you keep the 98 gts? Thoughts on driving one after the other? Could you sell the GTS and not miss it based on enjoying the new ride so much?

NO, sold my Heffner TT GTS, and traded the 2001 RT/10 I bought a while ago for this SRT10.

I'll give more thoughts after a couple more weeks of driving. The SRT10 feels alot stronger than the RT/10 did. That's more comparable, and both are stock.

Could I NOT miss my Heffner TT GTS? Did you drink too much coffee this morning? :D That just isn't possible! After owning a Heffner TT GTS,, the only way to get that excitement back is to send something back to Heffner! :D

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride!

I no the feeling, no regrets. These SRT/10 are every thing you'd expect in a Viper much much more.

Welcome to the Next Generation:)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice ride, Casey.

Be SURE and keep an eye on the crank damper bolt...ESPECIALLY if it is the smaller, long & "skinny" one that torques to 130 lb-ft.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960