Got my Viper coupe today.... Yeah!!!!!

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, it took a bit to get from South Florida to Ringgold, but we arrived this morning at the dealership ready to take delivery of a beautiful Blu/Sil that was waiting for us all polished up. The paperwork began and then it happened! I walked past a garage bay where a Blk/Sil was being cleaned and prepped. Damn, did it look good. So, having yet to deliver the check, I think to myself "do I really want the blue, or would I rather have the black???" I hate these decisions, so I had them put the two cars together and I walked around, jumped inside, and pondered over the two cars for 90 minutes (they also had a copperhead/blk and bumblebee there too). I finally thought the black would look so sinister lowered and tinted, so I went for it. Kudos to Mike Robbins.

So, we take it out of the dealership and I make a stop at an auto parts store nearby to pick up some quick spray polish to keep the bugs off the front as I collect them along I-75. As soon as I walk in, two of the employees go walking out. I'm shopping for the wax products and I notice they went outside to go check out the car. Then, I walk up to the counter and the guys are just blown away (it's sitting right out in front of the windows). I get huge props. Then, after the obligatory 2 minute conversation with the guys outside, I start rolling away and I hear another car driving up and a small boy is yelling out the passenger seat "look dad, it's a Viper!!!!" He couldn't have been 6 but he knew the car. Anyway, that was just in the first 5 minutes of ownership.

The rest of the drive back to Atlanta was similarly awesome. Of course, everyone on this site knows this stuff, so I'll stop there. I just wanted to share the first experience. If there was ever any thought about a Z06 (I gave that up nearly 6 months ago), I am so glad that it was dismissed and that I went with the Viper. It is awesome.

Motons, Corsa, and tints as soon as we get home.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all of the answers to my nagging questions over the past 8 months. You guys have been great.

I need help with some pics (which just do not capture black because the lines get hidden in photos but not in real life). Can someone host them for me?

Scott.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy for you Scott-good color choice-beautiful

Be careful-on the highway people will pull up next to the viper to get a closer look or take pics and they take their eyes off the road. Ive had a few instances where they got a little too close for comfort.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did have a great selection of colors to choose from. Would have taken me longer than 90 min. Enjoy! :cool:

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper585, thanks for hosting the pics!

Love that blue, but I also loved the yellow, red, and copperhead they had. Not a bad pallette to choose from at all.

But, if I thought the black looked good during the day, it was awesome last night.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy that I had only one color to choose from-all those color choices you had would blow my mind.

Again - beautiful-Hot looking Viper.

Reaction score
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the club and great color combo! I think I share the same with other Viper owners; we're all excited for you! We always think, "what a lucky guy," :2tu:

Consequently, now that your a new Viper owner, your an official member of the Viper Club of America. If you would like I can forward your email address to our president Ivan R. **, so we can keep you abreast on upcoming events for our members. And, If I can be of any assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy your car and drive carefully!

Best Regards,
Doug

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! And obviously you have perfect taste in your color choice. I just upgraded your title to Viper Owner, when you have a chance put your vin and VCA number in your profile and I will upgrade you again to Vca Member, PM me when you do it. And send one of those pics to Big-N-Italian so we can get an avatar up for you. Or email it to me and I will send it to him.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might have to add a coupe to the collection I want one more and more everytime I see pictures posted :eek: :eek: Congrats :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm "official" welcome. The car is perfect. We definitely need tints though as we're probably in about 20 photographs taken by strangers on the highway, at the gas station, and at the car rental center ;)

Doug, please forward my email to Ivan. It is [email protected]. I'll send you a PM also.

Lee, I revised my profile to include the VIN. Thanks for the upgrade!

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went by there today and he does have a good selection.

Bought my first GTS from Mike's dad, Gene.

Great experience driving that B/W out of the showroom.

I bet he doesn't let people do that now, since he has so many on the floor.

Tom. :2tu: