Got some custom side rocker / sill covers for my RT/10

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy from www.zero-altitude-flight.com is a great guy to chat with, definitely an old school muscle car fellow too. They made up some covers, anodized, they have other colors if you check out the Sill/Dress Plate section, the logo is cut into the aluminum and they have a bonded on plastic backing, some strips of double sided tape, easy enough to remove and he gave me some extra tape if I ever do. He didn't even charge me extra for making them a bit more custom for my evil VIN# 666 Viper (hence my avatar). My wife is born on 6 of 66, heck I bought a new KTM bike last year and the VIN ends with 666.... not sure if I need holy water, but the Chinese folks say that 6 is a lucky number.. but then again.....I'm an old Iron Maiden fan, and it's the number of the beast.. not that I can ever call my wife a beast! ;)

attachment.php

Cheers,
Mike

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is born on 6 of 66, and believe it or not

:omg:
I bet she's a real devil... err... I mean Angel! :D

Looks great when custom seems like it could be factory. Well done! :2tu:

p.s. yes, I often wondered about the avatar... no we know
Mike

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I found the perfect shirt for you to cruise in your viper!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look great! The viper store has some with the chrome finish & I think those look horrible, that's the only place I've ever seen that had them for the gen II's, most of them are for the gen. III's. I imagine you'll have to be pretty careful getting in & out with them though, cause they look like they'll probably show any little scratch or scuff mark.

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look great! The viper store has some with the chrome finish & I think those look horrible, that's the only place I've ever seen that had them for the gen II's, most of them are for the gen. III's. I imagine you'll have to be pretty careful getting in & out with them though, cause they look like they'll probably show any little scratch or scuff mark.

Thanks, we think alike, I asked the same thing how they're made, here's a quote from an email from Randy "high polish Aluminum (and even Stainless Steel) are notorious for showing scratches! Stainless may sound "hard"....but when you buff it like a Mirror, a finger nail can leave a mark ! not something you want to drag a shoe (with sand on it) across ! Our satin Anodized Aluminum is VERY TOUGH ! These have been on our (2) cars for 48K and 52K respectively- and still look great !"

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks TexasTorred, I remember seeing Iron Maiden in Detroit way back then a couple times..

Ok, so I saw this on the store shelf today and had to buy a can.. My wife says "so are you going to take a picture of that too?" :rolleyes:

attachment.php

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks TexasTorred, I remember seeing Iron Maiden in Detroit way back then a couple times..

Ok, so I saw this on the store shelf today and had to buy a can.. My wife says "so are you going to take a picture of that too?" :rolleyes:

attachment.php

You're welcome! Nice pic. Subliminal messages all around these days.......Some more 'overt' ...some in the White House......damn, there I go again....Sorry. Rock on my Canadian Brother! Hope you're doing well and shiftin' smooth up north!

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again TexasTorred, you're a class act fellow, glad to have met you online and many great folks in the US. I've been watching the debates, what goes on in the US is important for us up here, heck even in my career, working for that popular US auto company in the media...

So my wife makes some fun of me posting pics, ok.... here's my 6 of 66 birthday wife that has to put up with a knuckle head like me... a past 10 year anniversary vacation pic same place on the same day where we got married in the middle of the Rockies in Alberta on a very small island on Pyramid Lake. Hard to tell, but she's 6' 1".. only sports car that she's comfortable driving is her Corvette.. but she works for that same US auto company too in the factory... and for 27 years so far and we both support the US, used to vacation in Michigan quite a bit, drove across the US all the way to the West coast, etc..

attachment.php

Have a good weekend,
Mike

Last edited:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also thought it would be appropriate for an evil Dodge (i.e. the past Dodge Demon)!:2tu:

attachment.php
Man, does this bring back some old memories! I had a 340 Dodge Demon back in HS & it was probably one of the most dependable cars I've ever had & those were some really stout running motors for an old street car back in the day! It had the hood scoop with the old cragar wheels & wide tires, traction bars & shift kit & at one time I even put some of those old side pipes (Lol) on it! I'll have to try & get some of my old pics of it, it was one of the best looking street rods (in our town anyway) way back when! Oh, & I almost forgot about the 8 track tape deck! Lol!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, that's an Awesome View! Must be nice to live somewhere & have that kind of Beautiful scenery at your disposal everyday! Looks like you have a Great Wife too! jmo

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate it Mike! Back at you. Great picture! Beautiful scenery. Jealous. It's a little different scenery here in Plano, Texas....but it's home, I love the Lone-Star-State and it's a high of 62 today:) Stay warm and continued success in your careers! Thanks for supporting us Yanks to the South. Also, be sure to patent that intellectual property on your wife's vette.....You can retire off the long-shaft and paddle shifters. Take care and don't ever lose that great sense of humor.

Thanks again TexasTorred, you're a class act fellow, glad to have met you online and many great folks in the US. I've been watching the debates, what goes on in the US is important for us up here, heck even in my career, working for that popular US auto company in the media...

So my wife makes some fun of me posting pics, ok.... here's my 6 of 66 birthday wife that has to put up with a knuckle head like me... a past 10 year anniversary vacation pic same place on the same day where we got married in the middle of the Rockies in Alberta on a very small island on Pyramid Lake. Hard to tell, but she's 6' 1".. only sports car that she's comfortable driving is her Corvette.. but she works for that same US auto company too in the factory... and for 27 years so far and we both support the US, used to vacation in Michigan quite a bit, drove across the US all the way to the West coast, etc..

attachment.php

Have a good weekend,
Mike

Last edited:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The house that i grew up in was a 666 address. For real. Caught a lot of people of guard when they asked my address.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, they do look great! I guess I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger on $450-500 on a set! They also have a good selection of other Gen. II items too, I guess this Viper Tax is just killing Me! Lol!

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, they do look great! I guess I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger on $450-500 on a set! They also have a good selection of other Gen. II items too, I guess this Viper Tax is just killing Me! Lol!

Come on Marshal--Pony up :) Sorry- big Gunsmoke Fan.

I bet you've never heard your name referenced to this before....always that 'other Dillon actor guy' LOL I guess I'm old.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks close to the ones on my car when I bought it.

The placement of the words/Sneaky Pete are in different spots though... and I have the back peice, not sure if they sell that as the "fin"?

I may just have an older version? If anyone recognizes them and know where they were purchased, let me know :) ... thanks ---

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Marshal--Pony up :) Sorry- big Gunsmoke Fan.

I bet you've never heard your name referenced to this before....always that 'other Dillon actor guy' LOL I guess I'm old.
TT, I'm with you on this one! Lol! Remember the OLD Western, Shane (well, now you know where my son's name came from). Now back to the side sills, I'm not sure these would go with the ones I already have on there, Look Good or Over Kill?

Attachments

• DSC00934.jpg
    DSC00934.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 13