Got some info from a friend in PVO...

yuckydog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like there will be no change on the angular side scoops (although I have been praying day and night) and the final will be almost identical to the final mules. As for the black trim around the exhaust, she told me that she'd have to kill me if she told me what they were doing. What does that mean??? LOL

On a side note, she mentioned that they've been getting TONS of feedback from Gen I & II owners about the styling (the weak front fenders) but nothing will be changed. Oh well...

Now she's been moved on to the SRT Ram but I begged for some pics. We'll see what happens!

James

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, for one, am glad to hear that there is at least a possibility that they will fix the black exhaust outlet patch. If they would either make it completely oval so that it looks like a larger exhaust outlet, or do a stainless or aluminum trim like some versions of the coupe show, I wouldnt have to truck my brand new car to a paint shop to get the black painted over.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a 1/18th scale SRT10 model from ToysRus and the
exhaust outlet is oval with no black shield. I don't know how
accurate this model is as when you open the hood it is obviously
the Gen II engine compartment and the car has drilled rotors which I don't think the SRT will come with.

2charmed

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James,
Thanks for the info, even if the side scoop news is not what many (most?) of us wanted to hear.

2charmed,
I definitely wouldn't go by a 1/18th model, especially on a car that's not even released yet....Even my 1/18th blue GTS model, purchased 5 years after blue GTS's first came out, has a bunch of really noticeable errors, including a regular front wheel and tire under the rear hatch instead of a spare covered by the carpet....

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of many years ago when the "original" Mustang concept car was a mid-rear engined V-4. Ford looked at who liked it and said, these aren't the customers we want.

Maybe the same thing is happening here. Maybe Dodge doesn't want the buyers who liked the Gen I and Gen II. Could be they can sell a lot more $80K Vipers to folks who'll like the Gen III.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of agree. Why would they want all current Viper owners to sell off their beloved Viper's? Wouldn't it make better sense to create a new version that attracts a new owner group? Lets face it, the GTS attracted a different owner group than the rt/10, and to some extent, the later RT/10 went after a different client base than the original.