Got to meet Jon and Doris

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I have to say they are wonder people. They are extremely friendly and were willing to help. I was trying to get my wife a ride in one of the faster lap cars at VIR but we were running into the issue of getting my wife a helmet to use. The time she was going to end up going out was right after I was coming off so she wasn't able to use mine. Doris goes to their rental trunk and hands my wife a helmet and said just bring it back sometime later.

Beyond that I asked Jon if he could arrange for me to meet Ralph Gilles. The picture speaks for itself.

Thanks again

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool pics. I saw Ralph talking to some folks near my car after our final session on Sunday. I wanted to say hello and ask for a photo op, but by the time I got my helmet off and got out of the car, he'd scooted off. :(

I do have to say how awesome it is that a man as far up the food chain as Ralph is is out at events like this and I saw him ALL OVER THE PLACE. He doesn't just hang out with people he knows...he was constantly out meeting new people and talking. A true gentleman and car nut.

Great pictures John.

(and..fixed and cleaned up as requested.)

ETA: And since this thread is really about JonB and Doris, I have to agree....two very nice people. Jon gave 'toys' out to some of the little kids (pull-back GTS models) and a few other bits to folks and the lucky dog got to drive the Challenger Pace Car...very cool. The Viper community just plain rocks because of folks like this.