GRAYMAN'S WRECK & FIRE AT OC,MARYLAND (PICS)

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GRAYMAN\'S WRECK & FIRE AT OC,MARYLAND (PICS)

i spoke with grayman last night via email. before posting the following pics i
wanted to make sure it was fine with him to do so, he said post them. i was with
him that weekend off and on at the car show going on that weekend. grayman and
his friend were staying at the same place i have my condo. we had some good times
and as you will see some bad. the accident and what followed took alot of the fun
out of the weekend. in fairness to grayman, the way the local police and fire
marshall treated him was purely by speculation. in the end it all worked out for
him but the guy went through hell, period. i will let him if he choose's to tell
the full story as i do not want to speak for him. grayman had the nicest sounding
srt/10 i have ever heard and plan to do the same exhaust he had done by jason
heffner.

AFTER LOOKING AT THE PICS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU ALL THINK THE CAR WAS TOTALED BEFORE THE FIRE.

SATURDAY MORNING PICS

6041DSC00122A-med.JPG

6041DSC00123A-med.JPG

6041DSC00128A-med.JPG

6041DSC00136A-med.JPG

6041DSC00137A-med.JPG

6041DSC00139A-med.JPG

6041DSC00145A-med.JPG

SUNDAY MORNING PICS

6041DSC00320A-med.JPG

6041DSC00321A-med.JPG

6041DSC00323A-med.JPG

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: GRAYMAN\'S WRECK & FIRE AT OC,MARYLAND (PICS)

What the . . . ?

So first it was wrecked and then someone torched it while it sat in the tow yard over night? What a freaking nightmare!

For what it's worth (not much), it doesn't look to me as if it was totaled prior to the fire. It looks like about $40K worth of damage before the fire, but that's just a wild guess and I don't pretend to be more than just barely informed on such matters, but for my own limited experience.

I bet the police were lots of fun. I'll be the insurance investigators will likewise be lots of fun. Damn.

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My bad ! Not New Years, But the fall car cruise ! We were headed back from Seacrets and saw it on the side of the road !! Thats got to be the one ! Friends thought it was me....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

defenetly looks like someone torched it...that freaken blows :(

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have no body shop experience so can not really make an informed guess but I can tell you insurance co. assessed after wreck damages at less than $9k. Probably has something to do with their liability coverage after the fact. Anyways, needless to say, it was not the best weekend of my life. But I did have a blast running with Tom and the rest of the crew down there. Cars will come and go, cant get too upset. Bothered me worse how I was treated by police and insurance company.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

For what it's worth (not much), it doesn't look to me as if it was totaled prior to the fire. It looks like about $40K worth of damage before the fire, but that's just a wild guess and I don't pretend to be more than just barely informed on such matters, but for my own limited experience.

Everyone who would prefer to have their car "fixed" after the first photos vs. "totaled", raise your hand.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car was totaled in the before pics (entire front clip, windshield, airbags, 2 wheels, 2 suspension, rear bumper) and all the damage you can't see.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I noticed the car was on cinder blocks in the crispy critter pictures, but not in the Saturday pictures. Looks like it was moved after the fire.

I still cannot figure out why the passenger front tires ended up where it is in the burnt pictures.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can speak from experience on this matter. That car has about $50k in damages to it. That is if each panel is being replaced. My car with far less damage had a 30k bill afterwards and it had No frame or suspension damage. If you guys want I can post pics of my car and the estimate. Of note, Geico replaced everypart that was scratched.
In my opinion that car was going to be totaled anyway!!!!!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

does he have to pay the deductable twice?

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I noticed the car was on cinder blocks in the crispy critter pictures, but not in the Saturday pictures. Looks like it was moved after the fire.

I still cannot figure out why the passenger front tires ended up where it is in the burnt pictures.

I noticed that also, maybe a switch happened over saturday night with a toasted car. Did the fire department respond to this and then maybe they elevated the car some to extinguish the fire. I thought there would be more junk around the vehicle on the ground.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know, I think you can still sell it on ebay. "New Viper SRT10 with slight fire damage -- should buff out. Minor body damage that can be fixed cheap by somebody with a little experience. Make best offer."

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That'll buff right out... :eek:

Sorry Man!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, somebody was trying to sell the frame on ebay a while back.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow thats hard to see. Based on current replacement cost (03' I'm assuming) I'd say it was totaled in the first set of pics. There is no way that frame is still straight after bending the suspension up on 3 wheels and tweaking the front end that bad.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So how did you get it to burn so thoroughly? I might need to know some day.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got alot of that afterwards. Arsonist jokes from all my friends. I would give $$ at this point in time just to know what actually happened. Our best guess is maybe kids, I should say hoodlums, in that area. Cant be too often they see a wrecked Viper. Dunno, maybe it was a bunch of corvette fans , who can now really claim they smoked a viper. Just one giant friggin headache which I dont need more of in this life. Anyways, all worked itself out in the end.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could the fire have been due to an electrical short caused by the impact of the crash? Perhaps something falling on the battery posts or crossed wires elsewhere?

The car appears to have been moved after the fire. As noted the cement blocks; also note the wood 6x6 under the rear end is not charred.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could the fire have been due to an electrical short caused by the impact of the crash? Perhaps something falling on the battery posts or crossed wires elsewhere?

That would be my guess. In anyevent, I'd rather have a new one than one with $50k in repairs. I would look at the fire as a blessing!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shouldn’t the fire department be able to tell you the cause of the fire? That’s painful to look at though.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Answers to your questions...Yes I had to pay 2 deductibles. Unbelievable I know. But insurance company put it into 2 claims. One for accident damage and one for fire. One under collision and one under comp. Even though they were less than 24 hrs apart. Whatever, small potatoes.

The fire dept and fire marshall made report stating that cause was indeterminable. Car was so completely consumed that it was hard to tell if set intentionally or if due to electrical malfunction. I know I topped the tank off maybe 15 minutes before car got into accident so their had to be 20 gallons of high test in the tank. It couldnt have been pretty.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Answers to your questions...Yes I had to pay 2 deductibles. Unbelievable I know. But insurance company put it into 2 claims.

Why does that not surprise me......

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Answers to your questions...Yes I had to pay 2 deductibles. Unbelievable I know. But insurance company put it into 2 claims. One for accident damage and one for fire. One under collision and one under comp. Even though they were less than 24 hrs apart. Whatever, small potatoes.

The fire dept and fire marshall made report stating that cause was indeterminable. Car was so completely consumed that it was hard to tell if set intentionally or if due to electrical malfunction. I know I topped the tank off maybe 15 minutes before car got into accident so their had to be 20 gallons of high test in the tank. It couldnt have been pretty.

Man, on CSI, those cats not only would know what happened to your car, but also tell you the age and hair color of the lasty pretty girl that say in your passenger seat. All the good detectives work for TV. Sheeesh.

-M