Great price on new Viper TA if anyone is interested

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KRATEDISEASE whats your opinion? Hey where you been?

I have no time to post on the forum because I am out busy driving my new 2013 gen5 GTS that I STOLE from my local dealer for $93k.

and I lost some weight so I can fit in it better.... Down 30 lbs.

Dealer advertised $30K off and it still did not move so I knew it was time for me to ridicule those retards and tell them that I would do them a favor and take the car for $93. Unbelievably the losers at the stealership called me back and said yes. I was almost going to then offer even less ( 90k) but I did not want to piss them off TOO MUCH and blow the deal.

Car is loads of fun at the price I paid. If I paid sticker the car would not be so great. I would probably feel goofy if I had paid sticker.

Only issue so far is that the LED on the front left headlight assembly had some LEDs not working but dealer already replaced that. Other than that no issues.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard there was a TA locally that the dealer would pay you to take! Get that! Crazy!

Yea, found that one, but then I had to pay capital gains tax on what they were paying me to take it, so still not a good deal. Hoping they call me back with a pay me and my taxes deal.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, found that one, but then I had to pay capital gains tax on what they were paying me to take it, so still not a good deal. Hoping they call me back with a pay me and my taxes deal.

Well, this dealer would pay you an untold sum for capital gains, if you PM me I'll tell you how much.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on. Never seen any other club wish that their cars would tank in value or meet its demise, like this one.
How are you able to extrapolate such a broad stroke of generalization with a few posts? I remember the days not long ago when the person who posted negative remarks of the Gen V got chastised....personally. Now it's a VCA problem? I think the main thing that would cause a Gen V value to tank would be a well documented forum and video dragging of the car for the nation to see.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course a license plate that has the words "TRAK" anywhere on it doesn't help either.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And SRT has no responsibility in helping to maintain Viper value. Everything is the VCA's fault.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you able to extrapolate such a broad stroke of generalization with a few posts? I remember the days not long ago when the person who posted negative remarks of the Gen V got chastised....personally. Now it's a VCA problem? I think the main thing that would cause a Gen V value to tank would be a well documented forum and video dragging of the car for the nation to see.

I think you're trying to defend the VCA, which is cool, but I don't get your posts.

9Ball can chime in, but since I agree, my 2 cents, he isn't saying the VCA is hurting the value, but rather that this club seems to focus on lower value debates and problems and if there's a future. I agree.

The value is hurt by sales, or lack there of, which is a SRT thing marketing thing.

I don't see where anyone is saying the VCA is hurting the value, which seems to be what you're arguing against, hec, very few people even came here when the VCA was 4 times larger, now, very very few people come here, it's not impacting a whole market no matter what is posted.

But, what we focus on as a club, at least in this forum, isn't tech talk, IMO, but threads that say a new TA is worth $80K. As a decade and a half VCA member, and one of the 1in4 or so members that signed up to pay again, I think I can post that opinion, which is in complete support of the car I love.

More on point though, your one post sounds like you think vids of tracking the viper hurt its value. Which is contrary to everything not only the viper stands for, but everything that all cars in this market stand for. Nothing sells an exotic better than vids of it getting a 'kill' on another exotic, or clips of 10 sec runs, or vids of it drifting round a sweeper at a road course. Vids of the viper beating up on the competition are what would sell the car, its why the TA has developed a reputation even though it's not a huge difference from a 'regular' viper, because it got the press of being a track bad-ass. What doesn't sell it is talking about how it takes 18 hr to paint a stripe on it - sorry but who gives a crap about that, answer, no one, obviously.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please comprehend my post. I said the "main thing that would cause a Gen V to lose value" as opposed to "main thing that would cause the Gen V to lose value". Can you spot the difference? Tony has been blabbing all kinds of $hit lately from telling EVERYBODY in the Gen V forum to "grow up" to accusing EVERYBODY in the VCA of "devaluing the Viper".

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please comprehend my post. I said the "main thing that would cause a Gen V to lose value" as opposed to "main thing that would cause the Gen V to lose value". Can you spot the difference? Tony has been blabbing all kinds of $hit lately from telling EVERYBODY in the Gen V forum to "grow up" to accusing EVERYBODY in the VCA of "devaluing the Viper".

Geesh OK, a little hard to comprehend when you're so far OT that I need a compass -

Reference other posts from Tony, I'll not bother with the research, lol. - OK, but that's way out of this thread and that specific post, sounds like you guys are needling each other or something, OK, wasn't aware of other thread drama, but should've known there was drama, this is the VCA gen5 forum.

You say a viper that's on vid and being beaten on will de-value, well OK, but what does that have to do with a thread on the value of a new TA at a dealership?

Another trend in the gen5 forum here is how every thread has to take so many left turns that it makes a right, this last page is a testament to it.

So, OP, thanks again for sharing a well priced TA with the forum, nice when folks are helping to bring buyers & sellers together, helps the club, SRT and each other. Through all the noise, it is appreciated.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dman is right, I think no one wants "Gen 5s to tank in value" however, there are MANY cars that need to be sold. In a capitalist system, that means price impacts demand right? So while in the short term it hurts a gen5 owner for prices to fall, it helps all of us to get these things sold...

In the long term, hopefully stuff stabilizes. We now have G5s hurting G4 values beyond what would be "normal" with a new model. We can worry about the value of what we own (which is irrelevant if you aren't selling it), or we can enjoy the fact that we are lucky to own a historically significant car, and now more people get to enjoy it (and thus market it since more are on the roads.)

So post the prices, get these things on the roads, positively market them, and drive the crap put of them, don't worry about what it's worth, if you are trying to sell one, well don't, if you don't have a dog in the fight, then perhaps silence is golden.

We just had 3 new Gen5s join our NTX club in the last month, no kidding, one by a long-term member, 2 by brand new people, which is awesome! So the lower prices are having a positive affect on sales, so that's just reality.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen V TA is the first car that I've ever seriously considered selling my 1,000 rwhp GTS to acquire. And that's saying a lot because I have NEVER considered selling my car. Although it would take the right buyer for my car and the right price on the TA for me to make the jump.

But at about $100k brand new, the Gen V is a LOT of car for the money.

I think once the inventory starts drying up, you'll see the prices stabilize again.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're trying to defend the VCA, which is cool, but I don't get your posts.

9Ball can chime in, but since I agree, my 2 cents, he isn't saying the VCA is hurting the value, but rather that this club seems to focus on lower value debates and problems and if there's a future. I agree.

The value is hurt by sales, or lack there of, which is a SRT thing marketing thing.

I don't see where anyone is saying the VCA is hurting the value, which seems to be what you're arguing against, hec, very few people even came here when the VCA was 4 times larger, now, very very few people come here, it's not impacting a whole market no matter what is posted.

But, what we focus on as a club, at least in this forum, isn't tech talk, IMO, but threads that say a new TA is worth $80K. As a decade and a half VCA member, and one of the 1in4 or so members that signed up to pay again, I think I can post that opinion, which is in complete support of the car I love.

More on point though, your one post sounds like you think vids of tracking the viper hurt its value. Which is contrary to everything not only the viper stands for, but everything that all cars in this market stand for. Nothing sells an exotic better than vids of it getting a 'kill' on another exotic, or clips of 10 sec runs, or vids of it drifting round a sweeper at a road course. Vids of the viper beating up on the competition are what would sell the car, its why the TA has developed a reputation even though it's not a huge difference from a 'regular' viper, because it got the press of being a track bad-ass. What doesn't sell it is talking about how it takes 18 hr to paint a stripe on it - sorry but who gives a crap about that, answer, no one, obviously.

An interesting side note to vehicles winning "races" and values. When Ray Hofman (known as Peak Completions on the forums) starting breaking all the records in the standing mile about 3 years ago, there was a direct correlation to the meteoric rise in Ford GT values. Even though his car was at least a $150,000.00 plus build, an enthusiast could buy a Ford GT and claim it is the car used to break the record and is beating all the Lambos, Supras, Vipers, etc at the "mile". This focused a lot of attention on the car, people started to re-look at it, it's racing DNA, how easy it is to mod, classic looks, etc. The prices and demand have been rising ever since.

Winning races with full on race cars (Like what SRT is campaigning) really doesn't raise the desirability of the street version of the car. Most people know those are full tube frame cars, no interiors and only share a logo and basic body shape to the road legal version. When somebody takes a street legal car like the Viper or Ford GT and are successful with it at mile events, half mile events, drag races, etc....it makes them way more desirable since you could buy the street version and start building it to various levels of performance (and still drive it on the street). But regardless of the level of performance you add to the car, it will always have bragging rights of "being the record holder at XYZ mile event", etc. That is the kind of marketing that grows from a grassroots effort and is on the internet forever....sales and demand are the result which increases the value of the brand.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has happened every time a new Gen has and come out. Hell if you do a search you will see various threads about the fall of Viper prices etc. Then you walkaway from the thread that 15 or 20 guys have read and reality sets in.. Been there done that. And every time I just laugh as I drive around in my Gen V now and the sky is falling group sits on the sidelines waiting for the deal of a century. I will take whatever hit in depreciation my car has and subtract from it all days I get enjoying the car.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no time to post on the forum because I am out busy driving my new 2013 gen5 GTS that I STOLE from my local dealer for $93k.

Dealer advertised $30K off and it still did not move so I knew it was time for me to ridicule those retards and tell them that I would do them a favor and take the car for $93. Unbelievably the losers at the stealership called me back and said yes. I was almost going to then offer even less ( 90k) but I did not want to piss them off TOO MUCH and blow the deal.

Car is loads of fun at the price I paid. If I paid sticker the car would not be so great. I would probably feel goofy if I had paid sticker.

Only issue so far is that the LED on the front left headlight assembly had some LEDs not working but dealer already replaced that. Other than that no issues.

Car is awesome !! perfect in every way. At $93K brand new on a 2013 GTS how could I not say BUY BUY BUY !! Funny thing, I went to the same stealership that I bought the car from18 months ago when they just got it in and I had to BEG them to let me sit in the ( the car I now own) car and back then they told me that they wanted $10K Over sticker, 18 months ago. I kept driving by the dealer over the past 18 months watching as the car just sat on the showroom floor. I just went in as a goof for giggles and ****ts because I wanted to exact my revenge since they turned me away 18 months ago , so I went in to ridicule those morons at the stealership now that they could not move the car even after advertsing $30K off sticker locally. I assumed that they wanted about $108K for thew GTS but to my surprise, after telling them that I read the VCA and VOA forums and know that the car is not selling and production was halted they just threw in the towel and accepted my first offer offer $93K . The sales manager knew of the forums and said he was aware of all the discussions here. I was in shock when they accepted and was even thinking of going lower once i smelled how desperate they were, but did not want to piss them off too much.

Got kicked off of the VOA forums ( no surprise.... hehe he ) so I have just been READING and not posting. And my posts here are monitored first before being allowed to be seen, so I am on nanny mode here on the VCA. Since I cannot start any fights, being my posts are monitored, no more fun posting. VERY emotional, this gen 5 forum is !!! lot of emotions and drama that make for explosive fun. But those days are gone now, no time and I will only post if I need some technical help with my gen5

Looking to sell my 1997 GTS ROE supercharged with 21,000 miles. ( OMG what a dinosaur compared to the gen5 )

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is awesome !! perfect in every way. At $93K brand new on a 2013 GTS how could I not say BUY BUY BUY !!...

Got kicked off of the VOA forums ( no surprise.... hehe he ) so I have just been READING and not posting. And my posts here are monitored first before being allowed to be seen, so I am on nanny mode here on the VCA. Since I cannot start any fights, being my posts are monitored, no more fun posting. VERY emotional, this gen 5 forum is !!! lot of emotions and drama that make for explosive fun. But those days are gone now, no time and I will only post if I need some technical help with my gen5

Looking to sell my 1997 GTS ROE supercharged with 21,000 miles. ( OMG what a dinosaur compared to the gen5 )

Glad to hear that, not about your great deal on the GTS but that you were kicked off the other forum and your posts here are monitored. Most of us knew it was just a matter of time.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, the deals are ripe now. I think it is prime time to buy a new (2013) Viper. Reality has finally set in the minds and pockets of the stealerships.

My gut told me to wait. Funny thing, I was expecting to buy a low mileage USED gen5 but the market on left over brand NEW 2013's is more discounted than the low mileage USED Vipers. Left over new is actually cheaper than preowned used with very low miles (under 1500 miles)

The sales manager at the stealership told me that they were prepared to send my Viper to a wholesaler dealer auction if it did not move by the end of this summer since it would be 2 model years old still on the showroom.

I am now looking at buying a Hellcat but will wait a year also. My gut tells me that the Hellcat will sell very well ( my speculation) but within a year to 18 months the demand should slow down. BUT unlike the Viper, I do NOT believe the hellcat will ever be sitting unsold on showroom floors. I believe they will sell everyone that is made, with no problem. And I do not expect any discounting on the Hellcat ever. I expect the hellcat to be a sales winner.

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But at about $100k brand new, the Gen V is a LOT of car for the money.

I think once the inventory starts drying up, you'll see the prices stabilize again.
Same thing happened to the Gen 4's and they are now selling for nearly the same amount almost 4 years later.

balance

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto with me in my GenIV (just hit 200lb. - the only meat being Bison). Perhaps from driving it more and finally breaking in the seat I have gained almost an inch of headroom!

The sales manager at the stealership told me that they were prepared to send my Viper to a wholesaler dealer auction if it did not move by the end of this summer since it would be 2 model years old still on the showroom.

Some of the sub $100,000 cars are being picked up by dealers which originally had their orders delayed or cancelled. So now it's no $25,000 SRT fee AND $10,000+ below cost for them.

I agree with you on the Hellcat. Good luck with the sale of your Gen2.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto with me in my GenIV (just hit 200lb. - the only meat being Bison). Perhaps from driving it more and finally breaking in the seat I have gained almost an inch of headroom!

Some of the sub $100,000 cars are being picked up by dealers which originally had their orders delayed or cancelled. So now it's no $25,000 SRT fee AND $10,000+ below cost for them.

I agree with you on the Hellcat. Good luck with the sale of your Gen2.

Thanks, and I agree that this is the bottom level pricing for left over new 2013 Vipers. At this point the dealers just cannot sell them any less regardless of what the market will bear. The 2013 and 2014 are fairly identical overall equipment wise and so will be the 2015's unless dodge announces a price drop on the 2015's. I believe this is the bottom, and any left over 2013's will just sit for the next few years. The stealerships can only take a certain amount as a loss in order to get them off their lots.

The great thing about the Hellcat is that even if the market dries up for a 707hp super muscle car the outlay financially was minimal compared to the development costs of the new Viper. It was only the engine development costs that have to be recouped. The car was already a profitable production vehicle.
As far as I can calculate the Hellcat is a no brainier, minimal downside project investment cost, And the upside is huge for profits and brand exposure.

But I believe that the Hellcat will sell very well. An automatic with 707hp !! And a new interior.

When I saw the videos Of the Hellcat I had a hard-on for a full two weeks, as if I had overdosed on ****** .

The roll out was professional and the reception was 100% positive. Not one negative comment anywhere in the media.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Compare your registration date here, with mine. I was already driving my Gen 5, before you joined this site. The club has definitely changed from when I first joined. Back then, members seemed more interested in keeping vehicle values stable, even during the 2008 dump of an economy. Lately, it seems we are just chumming the water for the sharks, by discussing how cheap the Gen 5 "should be". Driving the values of these cars down will affect every generation below it. For a club based on a specific model, this just seems counter-productive. Not the VCA causing it, it is them not setting the positive tone to dissuade the conversations like this. Put more pride in the cars, again.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compare your registration date here, with mine. I was already driving my Gen 5, before you joined this site.

Understood. I believe I remember watching a video of your wife racing a Lamborghini or something like that.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has definitely changed from when I first joined. Back then, members seemed more interested in keeping vehicle values stable, even during the 2008 dump of an economy.

The club has changed a lot since I first joined as well. Back then, people were more interested in destroying the VCA. Now they are interested in snagging a Gen V for a price it should have been offered for in the first place.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a club based on a specific model, this just seems counter-productive. Not the VCA causing it, it is them not setting the positive tone to dissuade the conversations like this.
Bob, Bruce, Greg and many others have tried to dissuade negative conversations about the Gen V to no avail. Would banning people be more appropriate?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, the deals are ripe now. I think it is prime time to buy a new (2013) Viper. Reality has finally set in the minds and pockets of the stealerships.

My gut told me to wait. Funny thing, I was expecting to buy a low mileage USED gen5 but the market on left over brand NEW 2013's is more discounted than the low mileage USED Vipers. Left over new is actually cheaper than preowned used with very low miles (under 1500 miles)

I am now looking at buying a Hellcat but will wait a year also. My gut tells me that the Hellcat will sell very well ( my speculation) but within a year to 18 months the demand should slow down. BUT unlike the Viper, I do NOT believe the hellcat will ever be sitting unsold on showroom floors. I believe they will sell everyone that is made, with no problem. And I do not expect any discounting on the Hellcat ever. I expect the hellcat to be a sales winner.

you reading this Dman ????:D:eater:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you reading this Dman ????:D:eater:

Are you? There are great deals, I'm always poking around looking (although slowly getting out of the market, moving on perhaps since no vert in sight, but still want a gen5, argh), seeing some great deals out there, at about $25K higher than you post. $80's - $90's is quite a ways from $50's ... at least when I was in school.

You posted above the new TA price in the $80s as a good deal, when you find a new TA in the $80s, PM me again with that deal & I'll have cash wired that day to the dealer..unless said dealer is your uncle who is a prince in Nigeria.

How about this as an agreement. Until you can show a lightly used no stories used gen5 in the $50's like you PM'd me out a month ago, or a new TA in the $80s, you stop posting these silly prices in posts. Until the gen5 is selling at these prices, you're posting mis-information, right, yea. And mis-information on forums hurts the club, the members and shoppers, no matter the topic.

If you find me that $80k new TA, I'll buy it and post what a great deal maker you are & the man, win, win, you're proven right and I get a great deal. Until then, this is all silly banter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32