Great price on new Viper TA if anyone is interested

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you? There are great deals, I'm always poking around looking (although slowly getting out of the market, moving on perhaps since no vert in sight, but still want a gen5, argh), seeing some great deals out there, at about $25K higher than you post. $80's - $90's is quite a ways from $50's ... at least when I was in school.

You posted above the new TA price in the $80s as a good deal, when you find a new TA in the $80s, PM me again with that deal & I'll have cash wired that day to the dealer..unless said dealer is your uncle who is a prince in Nigeria.

How about this as an agreement. Until you can show a lightly used no stories used gen5 in the $50's like you PM'd me out a month ago, or a new TA in the $80s, you stop posting these silly prices in posts. Until the gen5 is selling at these prices, you're posting mis-information, right, yea. And mis-information on forums hurts the club, the members and shoppers, no matter the topic.

If you find me that $80k new TA, I'll buy it and post what a great deal maker you are & the man, win, win, you're proven right and I get a great deal. Until then, this is all silly banter.

Dman copy and paste exactly where i said you could get a TA in the 80's, copy and paste every quote in my post stating you can get it now in the 50's. your the one trashing the price here, not me. example - when i say below 90k you say 80's making it sound like I said 80k etc etc etc.... start post the truth Dman. when i said in 6 moths that there will be one srt or gts at 59,9k you say 50's, making it wound like I said 50k. start posting FACTS Dman.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dman copy and paste exactly where i said you could get a TA in the 80's, copy and paste every quote in my post stating you can get it now in the 50's. your the one trashing the price here, not me. example - when i say below 90k you say 80's making it sound like I said 80k etc etc etc.... start post the truth Dman. when i said in 6 moths that there will be one srt or gts at 59,9k you say 50's, making it wound like I said 50k. start posting FACTS Dman.

You said it yourself, so unsure what you are trying to wiggle out of

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/671042-gen-v-resale-value?p=3252275&viewfull=1#post3252275

figured from all the talk and post in a number of threads the resale value deserves its own thread.
this is only my opinion.

let me say i love the gen v viper and see a opportunity building to be able to get one at a price that's to good not to buy, THANK YOU DODGE MARKETING!

the base srt 2013 will be selling at 50k plus before oct 1, 2014 - it is what it is

the base gts 2013 & 2014 will also be selling at 50k by jan 1, 2015 - again it is what it is

MARKETING AND REVIEWS KILLED THE VALUE BEFORE ANYONE EVEN TOOK DELIVERY.

The only gen v that will hold any value will be the TA edition BUT that will also become a great buy at under 79k used

This gen v is tanking and we all see it, again it is what it is.

The talk is showing a gen 4 ACR is as good a buy as the most optioned gen v gts priced at 140k plus sticker , might i say used gen v below 69k!!!!!!

its a great time to get a great car at a UNREAL PRICE- again it is what it is!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, why are you committing thread suicide here? I got beat on grabbing your own words. I can post your PM to me from a 6 wks ago saying 'you can put a deal together for me at $59,900 or less since I'm a asap cash buyer'. You said "$50's" yourself, and under $59 is in the $50's - again based on when I went to school anyway.

You posted that you guessed the TA "good deal" the OP was reporting was in the $80's, it's right in this thread. So now you say you don't think you can find a new TA in the $80's but yesterday guessed a good deal would be in the $80's. You're just sounding silly, or trying to back track .. but right off cliff.

Any way, once again we're getting OT and into some weird poking match on this forum, and somehow even I'm into it, and I'm a friggin nice guy, how'd that happen. If you find cars at prices you've posted, just keep me in mind, all's I'm sayin, breath not held though.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, one thing is for SURE....
IF G5s are priced at that level, there wouldn't be any problem getting rid of the old inventory.;)

Unsure why guys with older cars want to see the V go for rock bottom prices.

It only means prior gens will be worth a lot less

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unsure why guys with older cars want to see the V go for rock bottom prices.

It only means prior gens will be worth a lot less

People are just trying to get the best deal possible on a car that is CLEARLY clogging up showrooms. That is fact. At this stage, the only people that would be understandably upset are CURRENT Gen V owners. Also, where does it say ANYWHERE that a new model of ANY kind tanking in sales will affect the value of previous models? For example, a Lamborghini Aventador tanking in value wouldn't do $hit to the value of a Countach.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, anybody with a black T/A is immune to the depreciation.....:D

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do find it funny that people think $25k off MSRP is earth shattering

Local BMW dealer always has M6's for $25-30k off MSRP. It isn't crazy.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, where does it say ANYWHERE that a new model of ANY kind tanking in sales will affect the value of previous models? For example, a Lamborghini Aventador tanking in value wouldn't do $hit to the value of a Countach.

Bad analogy, those are the same brand, not same model. That would be like Viper prices influencing Darts. Any time a newer version of the same model comes out, it hurts the previous generations, unless the older cars are old enough to be collector cars. People will pay a little more to get a newer model. If newer cars tank, demand on the older cars also drops, unless those tank in price as well.

As for Lamborghini, use the Gallardo as an example. Each successive better trim model made the previous version drop in value. Talking $120k+ price differences between oldest Gallardos vs newest.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to find ONE Gen V for $60k so I could ****** it. But I wouldn't want anyone else to be able to buy one for that. I would want the "value" of the car to remain near $100k so that they remain exclusive.

I don't think people WANT the values to tank. I think a lot of people who can't afford the car (but want one) simply hope the price drops enough so that they can buy one. That's not the same as saying the car isn't worth $100k.

Some people can afford whatever they want. Some people want stuff they can never afford. And some people luck out and find the steal that allows them to get into a car that they otherwise couldn't afford, but for being in the right place at the right time.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad analogy, those are the same brand, not same model. That would be like Viper prices influencing Darts. Any time a newer version of the same model comes out, it hurts the previous generations, unless the older cars are old enough to be collector cars. People will pay a little more to get a newer model. If newer cars tank, demand on the older cars also drops, unless those tank in price as well.

As for Lamborghini, use the Gallardo as an example. Each successive better trim model made the previous version drop in value. Talking $120k+ price differences between oldest Gallardos vs newest.

I'm comparing Vipers as a group, and the different generations within the group...to the Lamborghini's as a group and the different models within the group. I think it's a fair analogy. A Gen V's value is no more going to affect the Value of my Gen 2 any more than if all new models across the Lamborghini board are going to affect the price of a Countach.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE=DMan;3255215]Tom, why are you committing thread suicide here? I got beat on grabbing your own words. I can post your PM to me from a 6 wks ago saying 'you can put a deal together for me at $59,900 or less since I'm a asap cash buyer'. You said "$50's" yourself, and under $59 is in the $50's - again based on when I went to school anyway.

You posted that you guessed the TA "good deal" the OP was reporting was in the $80's, it's right in this thread. So now you say you don't think you can find a new TA in the $80's but yesterday guessed a good deal would be in the $80's. You're just sounding silly, or trying to back track .. but right off cliff.

Any way, once again we're getting OT and into some weird poking match on this forum, and somehow even I'm into it, and I'm a friggin nice guy, how'd that happen. If you find cars at prices you've posted, just keep me in mind, all's I'm sayin, breath not held though.[/QUOTE]

OK, let me make it CRYSTAL CLEAR to you. I believe by Jan 1,2015 you will see way more then one 2013/2014 srt/gts sold at $59,900 or less, you owe me when this happens so please post my PM I sent you for all to see. The TA will sell in the low 90's, not 90k but low 90's. Please save and post this post as often as you like Dman. It is what it is. Terrible marketing and a extremely poor reception from the true viper purest.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I also expect that that the market for a gen5 viper will be around $59k by January 2015..... As long as you do not mind a reconstructed or salvage title Viper.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. If the same greedy ass dealers that marked the Gen V up in the beginning...all the sudden dump them off at $59k, you will have officially found your problem.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I also expect that that the market for a gen5 viper will be around $59k by January 2015..... As long as you do not mind a reconstructed or salvage title Viper.

Ditto. Those who keep posting these low numbers find themselves clumsily back peddling and then pushing out their "predicted dates" while raising the values on later posts when called out. Hopefully as potential buyers visit the site & read the threads they'll read past the silly postings and continue on to see the real facts out there and where a good deal really is in price & options.

Looks like a great price on a new TA is right around $105.9K, at least that's the lowest seen to date, although all the used ones out there are priced higher than that, a $107k should be a target or goal for the buyer for a new from what I'm seeing ($110k is pretty much a slam dunk anywhere), anything less than $107k right now is awesomeness for the buyer. The used prices are probably set there as folks are relying on availability and geography to move the car at a new car price. But you see this even with non-TA used vipers, the big discount is on the new off of MSRP, the used prices aren't much off the new reduced price, replying again on the options/color/geography to sell at he price.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto. Those who keep posting these low numbers find themselves clumsily back peddling and then pushing out their "predicted dates" while raising the values on later posts when called out. Hopefully as potential buyers visit the site & read the threads they'll read past the silly postings and continue on to see the real facts out there and where a good deal really is in price & options.

Looks like a great price on a new TA is right around $105.9K, at least that's the lowest seen to date, although all the used ones out there are priced higher than that, a $107k should be a target or goal for the buyer for a new from what I'm seeing ($110k is pretty much a slam dunk anywhere), anything less than $107k right now is awesomeness for the buyer. The used prices are probably set there as folks are relying on availability and geography to move the car at a new car price. But you see this even with non-TA used vipers, the big discount is on the new off of MSRP, the used prices aren't much off the new reduced price, replying again on the options/color/geography to sell at he price.
Koons is selling their white TA for $104. They are trying to move it fast I think.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While there may be exceptions from time to time (usually explained upon closer examination), I did not and am not seeing "fire sale" prices on GTS, TA or other models. Case in Point: I was dealing with 4 dealers on a 2014 GTS in the color combo I desired, and 3 of them are still holding the line at basically invoice minus dealer holdback (a smoking deal in most situations). I ending up getting my car from the local dealer who sold me my Gen IV. The price was a bit below the others, with no shipping costs so we came to agreement. Simply put, if it was possible to acquire the Viper equipped as I desired for a fire sale price I would have done so in a heartbeat. With inventory gradually going down, the selection of new cars will be reduced and then the alternatives for certain color/equipment combinations will be a used (if available) or a 2015 order (at a higher price). So these "special prices" alleged should really be taken with a grain of salt, but there are excellent deals for those truly in the market.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys please keep it civil, positive, and respectful. If you want to compare join dates, look at mine, which was actually reset upon the website upgrade (real date 96). I can tell you while sure everyone (and the "VCA") always wanted values to stay high, that is a poor comparison to now, we've never had 400 days of inventory sitting around and the death of the car as a possible fate due to sales.

While i HOPE the 59k number is ridiculous, and given the number of sales that are happening when this 80k number started coming up, I think this is the bottom, as people who never considered getting one are now getting one.

So let's get to the topic, I get a few ads a week from dealers who want to move these things, lets connect buyers to sellers so we can have more toys...

But to the implications that "We at the VCA" are not doing out jobs, we are VERY open to suggestions, we have warned, closed threads, sent nasty-grams etc., but at the end of the day, people are allowed their opinion. You don't have to have a 2000 join date to remember what happened when we started banning/modding people, heck I'm trying to find any excuse I can to UNMOD people, we don't want to go back there, trust me.

But if you see a caustic remark, flag it, we'll look at it, and while this thread is weird, technically there isn't any rule-breaking going on...

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait to see these Gen 5's in the $50k's in a few months. That means gen4's will be in the 30's, and gen 3's will be buy 1 get 1 free with a 2 year cell phone contract.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Koons is selling their white TA for $104. They are trying to move it fast I think.

Yea, $104,988. Smokin deal. This is a few thousand cheaper than the cheapest used one I've seen. For me, to buy used, you have to save $5-8k to be worth it over new and the used market isn't close to that so I'd think if peeps are in the market, these new TAs should move. I had that on a Ford F150, I was shopping used for a month, Ford came out with employee pricing on top of $7500 off rebate and it was thousands cheaper for a new one than one 2 yrs old, so I bought new.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$4,000.01 away for a NEW TA selling for $99,999.99. Dman that puts it in the 90's :D:eater:

Yea, except it isn't, since it's above $100k, and it's far from the $80s you posted earlier in this thread. Not sure why you keep digging a hole for yourself on this. You seem to be having a post war with yourself, you should leave yourself alone, we're all wrong now and then, you're just wrong on this, both now and then. It's all good.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the F75k out of here.. 59k for a GTS by Jan 15?? keep dreaming and letting another summer pass you by. I say maybe high 70's if there is no real change for this model year. And I can't find my other password. I have been on here since 98 also.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a new gen5 for 59.............................but it was 1/12 scale and has a die cast motor ............ And I did not have to wait until January 2014 !!!!!

Those deals are available everyday on ebay

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way new G5s will go that low.I paid 72,000.00 in 1997 for a B/W GTS.They will not get to much lower than they are now,even though the Gen.5 needs some issues addressed,it is still a outstanding HP car.( Great Value Now)The people that are playing with this price nonsense can NOT afford a 100,000.00 car.So,they need to get off the computer and go make the $$$$$ to buy one.

Those that are complaining about the Gen.5s,spend the 200,000.00 and buy a new Porsche 911 Turbo S and you will have nothing to complain about all...That is of course,the neck pain of doing those 10 second quarter mile runs in Bentley fashion time after time just pushing the gas...

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way new G5s will go that low.I paid 72,000.00 in 1997 for a B/W GTS.They will not get to much lower than they are now,even though the Gen.5 needs some issues addressed,it is still a outstanding HP car.( Great Value Now)The people that are playing with this price nonsense can NOT afford a 100,000.00 car.So,they need to get off the computer and go make the $$$$$ to buy one.

Those that are complaining about the Gen.5s,spend the 200,000.00 and buy a new Porsche 911 Turbo S and you will have nothing to complain about all...That is of course,the neck pain of doing those 10 second quarter mile runs in Bentley fashion time after time just pushing the gas...

I shot you a PM about your question you asked me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456