Greatest question I've been asked when in the Viper

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm at the Tail of the Dragon trip. Friday evening we ate dinner and then people split up to do whatever for the rest of the night. Four of us drove out to Gatlinburg in 2 cars just to drive a little bit more before calling it a night (I had only driven about 450 miles that day to this point, not quite enough). Anywho, Chad rode shotgun in my yellow Viper. As we're sitting at a stop light in Gatlinburg, a guy in his mid-20's leans out of the back window of the car next to us and says....

"That thing fuel injected?"

I hesitated at first because I couldn't believe that he had actually just asked me that. We politely said yes and kept driving. Definitely became a fun joke for the rest of the weekend :2tu:

Ah the adventures you have when driving a Viper. :rolaugh:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a viper not fuel injected? I dont get it? :confused:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That is a good one! :D Correct answer? Yes, all but red Vipers. They still run carb. :D

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think most people realize carbs have been gone from most production vehicles since the late '80s!:rolleyes:

Considering it was a young guy who shouldn't even know what a carb is, it is surprising.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely, he was in awe of your car and said the first thing that popped into his brain....all the way home he was smacking his head with his hand repeatedly saying "Stupid question, stupid question......

Here's your sign!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my favorite was at the next light when someone told Jason "Hey man, nice V6!" Hearing Jason correct him and say it was a V8 was awesome. At least, thats how I remember the story happening. :D :D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is truley the "Greatest question" you've been asked when in the Viper. Then my only response is to keep on driving man:drive::)

Most likely, he was in awe of your car and said the first thing that popped into his brain....all the way home he was smacking his head with his hand repeatedly saying "Stupid question, stupid question......

hahaha, very funny:)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm, going with this theory... I can remember a few women that have had this affect on me...:lmao:

Here's your sign!

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is truley the "Greatest question" you've been asked when in the Viper. Then my only response is to keep on driving man:drive::)

Haha, touche. There could be better questions out there, this was just really funny at the time. I'll keep driving though in hopes of a better one :2tu:

I think my favorite was at the next light when someone told Jason "Hey man, nice V6!" Hearing Jason correct him and say it was a V8 was awesome. At least, thats how I remember the story happening. :D :D

This is ironic. Chad slams me while 100% confirming that he was riding in a hot yellow Viper. Chad is a traitor to the red community!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, touche. There could be better questions out there, this was just really funny at the time. I'll keep driving though in hopes of a better one :2tu:

This is ironic. Chad slams me while 100% confirming that he was riding in a hot yellow Viper. Chad is a traitor to the red community!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look again, you see I never admitted to the story that you and Robert have fabricated about me riding in a yellow car. In all honesty, I was in the 2nd car and actually got guy #2 to tell you "nice V6" :omg::D

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been to mullet capital Gatlinburg many times, should told the boy, Yes this one is injected, but the Nascar version in carbed.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look again, you see I never admitted to the story that you and Robert have fabricated about me riding in a yellow car. In all honesty, I was in the 2nd car and actually got guy #2 to tell you "nice V6" :omg::D

#1) How could you hear me talking to a car next to me when you were allegedly 25 feet away in the next car? Before you answer, keep in mind that my car has a Borla and is not very quiet.

#2) How did you know which traffic light the first guy asked the question if you were not in the car? Again, think about question 1 if you were allegedly in the other car.

Game. Set. Match.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1) How could you hear me talking to a car next to me when you were allegedly 25 feet away in the next car? Before you answer, keep in mind that my car has a Borla and is not very quiet.

#2) How did you know which traffic light the first guy asked the question if you were not in the car? Again, think about question 1 if you were allegedly in the other car.

Game. Set. Match.

This is the 1st I've heard of the fuel injection question. Sorry I missed it. Would've been fun to randomly ask people the rest of the weekend if their car was fuel injected :D

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1) How Could You Hear Me Talking To A Car Next To Me When You Were Allegedly 25 Feet Away In The Next Car? Before You Answer, Keep In Mind That My Car Has A Borla And Is Not Very Quiet.

#2) How Did You Know Which Traffic Light The First Guy Asked The Question If You Were Not In The Car? Again, Think About Question 1 If You Were Allegedly In The Other Car.

Game. Set. Match.

Plead The 5th, Chad!!!

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pleading the 5th is the same as admitting guilt given the evidence against you. So I will go celebrate victory now :beer:

And you're right, it was fun to ask people if their car was fuel injected the rest of the weekend :rolaugh:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was asked once if it has a hemi
I've gotten that before, but best was guy sitting at table at sidewalk cafe right by where I parked. Started to walk from the car and the guys ask "what kind of car is that?" I answered "Viper" and he says "who makes that?" When I said "Dodge" his face got all twisted into a weird look and he said "Dodge . . . Really?"

Is it really possible to be a middle-aged American male and never heard of a Dodge Viper? I understand some people are not totally into cars like we are, but come on.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pleading the 5th is the same as admitting guilt given the evidence against you. So I will go celebrate victory now :

Nope...right against self incrimination. His silence cannot be held against him and is not an admission of guilt. He simply provides no evidence that may be seen as an admission or that may convict him. :usa:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotten that before, but best was guy sitting at table at sidewalk cafe right by where I parked. Started to walk from the car and the guys ask "what kind of car is that?" I answered "Viper" and he says "who makes that?" When I said "Dodge" his face got all twisted into a weird look and he said "Dodge . . . Really?"

Is it really possible to be a middle-aged American male and never heard of a Dodge Viper? I understand some people are not totally into cars like we are, but come on.

I've gotten that...but my favorite was "I'm glad to see you got the 10 cyl since the 8 doesn't have enough power."

Chinook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotten that...but my favorite was "I'm glad to see you got the 10 cyl since the 8 doesn't have enough power."

Similar, I've been asked if mine was the V10 or the V12 version.. I sadly had to say it was only the V10.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got the exact same question and look from an older guy 3 weeks ago. I couldn't believe he had never heard of a Dodge Viper before. I guess I do live in Corvette country, but come on.

Nope...right against self incrimination. His silence cannot be held against him and is not an admission of guilt. He simply provides no evidence that may be seen as an admission or that may convict him. :usa:

I am not real bright, so here's what I think you said.... "words words fancy words words Chad is guilty words words"

:D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had slmeone ask me were the wings were..i said thep pop out from the side straights when I hit 82 mph mcfly

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monday night, the door bell rings and my wife answers it. She comes to find me to tell me a guy wants to know my paint code! I go out to meet him and he explains that he lives a couple of streets over and sees my car all the time. He has a Ferrari in the shop for a repaint and wants to know what the GTS Viper Blue paint code is. I tell him "PBE". Unfortunately I was unable to talk with him then, but he promised to bring his Viper Blue Ferrari to my house when it is done. I will post picks. I don't know what he has but this should be interesting. I will post picks when I get them.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what they say about immitation...:2tu:

Monday night, the door bell rings and my wife answers it. She comes to find me to tell me a guy wants to know my paint code! I go out to meet him and he explains that he lives a couple of streets over and sees my car all the time. He has a Ferrari in the shop for a repaint and wants to know what the GTS Viper Blue paint code is. I tell him "PBE". Unfortunately I was unable to talk with him then, but he promised to bring his Viper Blue Ferrari to my house when it is done. I will post picks. I don't know what he has but this should be interesting. I will post picks when I get them.