GT2 splitter brackets

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got some canards and a gt2 splitter from Jon B. Brackets are NA for the splitter. Anyone have some pics of the install or the brackets? I don't think there were any illustrations or directions in any manual. Should be easy enough to fab or pick up something at a hardware store. Thanks GTS Bruce

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weren't you the guy who said aero pieces on a street car were "Rice?"
I guess you're the new stir-fry cook on the block. :)

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most definately.However the rear of a GTS produces a little downforce while the front produces lift. No rear wing for me. Just want to stabilize the front a little more especialy with a passanger and a trunk load of clothes etc.You can feel it. Rear wing adds drag. May add downforce depending on how its tilted and makes the car handle worse and go slower. The grail keeper says the gts produces 100lbs of downforce at the rear and 25 lbs of lift at the front in stock form. Guess I could always just cut off that upswept tail to obtain balance. You know i just might exceed the speed limit and go to a track day on a rare occasion now and then.The canards and small splitter are very subtle when painted car color.Then again maybe I should get a fat GF and install a seatbelt for her on the hood just behind the naca duct so when she spreads her legs I can get a HP boost just like the Vipair. GTS Bruce

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building side splitters and a rear diffuser right now, and will follow with a front splitter. I guess I'm advancing my claim as the King of Rice? :dunno:

Anyway, some pics might be useful of your problem. There are lots of fabricators at this forum, including myself.

202 more.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grail keeper says the gts produces 100lbs of downforce at the rear and 25 lbs of lift at the front in stock form.

sorry for quick side track; Bruce do you have a downforce figure for rear of an RT/10?

steering for mine gets light above 130, and when changing gear above 100, it's gotta be a careful move...

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea about downforce on an rt. Top on or off complicates matters. Ask the Grail Keeper and pick his brain like I did. Guys on the autobahn say that the nose starts to feel light to them in a GTS. I have not noticed it with driver, co pilot and full tank of gas. However 2 people,full tank of gas, jam the trunk full of stuff and it feels funny even at next to normal speeds on the interstates. Nose sits up higher when loaded. Spring rubbers for the rear springs??I'm going to try color matched canards and the little gt2 splitter not a cow catcher on the front. Should blend nicely with some of the greatest body lines ever seen on a car. Going to skip the fat GF seat belted to the hood just behind the naca duct. Even with her legs spread the additional HP gained like the vipair it was negated by her weight. Next try will be with a skinnier GF and longer legs. I am sure that combo while holding the nose down will provide more air flow and HP than the vipair. Then again long legs might drag on the ground or block airflow to the radiator and cooler. Maybe a midget GF. What do you think. Forget about male viper drivers on the hood. Way too much air restriction to the naca duct. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rice a roni. GULP! Yes I even put clear corners on my car. Dear god help me. Its obvious that the medicine I am taking is insufficient because I'm beginning to consider purple neon lighting under the car for night time use.Drifting competion and an outlaw sprintcar wing bolted to the roof. Obviously I am seriously disturbed and to prevent myself from doing further damage to my car I will right now start it up and **** on one of the exhaust pipes. Goodbye dear friends GTS Bruce

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please post update and instructions. I've been searching recently but found little to no info about this. My GTS's front feels scarily unstable at only 135mph. Pics and list of parts would be great. Thanks. BTW, skip pics of the fat gf please :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4