Guys check out my 08 on Ebay

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My comments are not meant to argue, but I've seen you struggling to sell. Take them as sincere.

Vipers are selling even in this market. A month ago I bought a 1200 mi. viper red/black stripe coupe for just slightly more than your asking price in the vca classifieds. I then sold my 7700 mi. 06 red/silver striped coupe for high 50''s in 4 days.

Your color is unpopular and a convertible is less desirable, especially in winter. I looked at autotrader and I don't see your car there? I did see a new green convertible for 69K and a number of vert's in the mid-60's and even 08 vipers at 59K. If you think mid-60's for your car is aggressive your not seeing the market. There's lots of new venon red's out there with dealers who are or will be in the 60's soon.

If you want to sell your viper I'd suggest you place an add in autotrader and price at 62K firm. And/or place a no-reserve auction on ebay with a starting price of high 50's. The market is soft but there are buyers, you need to price agressively and advertise agressively. Also, I'd skip the "price is right". I'll bet many folks think you own it for taxes only. Focus on 30% off, mint condition and lots of warrantee left. Also, let your sale posts die off, if someone wants info they'll send you a PM. Best wishes!
ASKING mids 60s now and its not moving have not even been offered anywhere in the 60s.Are you trying to say a low mile 08 Roadster should be marketed in the 50s?

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS as previously mentioned iam THOUSANDS cheaper than ANY other low mileage 08 roadster in the classify.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Formal add in our classif (68500 )DATES back to OCT (when that price was low )as previously mentioned ASKING price NOW is mid 60s

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS as previously mentioned iam THOUSANDS cheaper than ANY other low mileage 08 roadster in the classify.

Maybe be so but that's not the only place to look. Autotrader has 10 legit 08's under 70k, including a NEW SSG for $69,995. Palmer's car is on Autotrader for $66K, same color, has navi and 800 miles. Do you think he's firm on that price? Do you think being a dodge dealer, who retails vipers, who can provide financing, who can take a trade, he has a price advantage over you as an individual?

Formal add in our classif (68500 )DATES back to OCT (when that price was low )as previously mentioned ASKING price NOW is mid 60s

You ad says $68,500, why don't you change your ad?? That's where most people look who are in the market.

ASKING mids 60s now and its not moving have not even been offered anywhere in the 60s.Are you trying to say a low mile 08 Roadster should be marketed in the 50s?

I suggested that you market the car outside of the vca for $62 firm. In addition start ebay at the high 50's with no reserve with the desired outcome of low $60's. See Palmer's similar viper for example, which has lower miles and navi, plus dealer advantages. He's selling cars for a living. If you had SSG you'd get alot more but you don't. Trying to help, sorry the market's painful. Last of my advice, good luck!

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate the advice but basically your telling me that the reason i have not sold the car (in over 4 months of trying) is that its NOW listed a few thousand dollars too high.As far as dealer backing its also listed on Buhlers website (one of the largest Viper dealers out there ).What i am seeing is the lowball offers come no matter the listing price .(Please remember in October 68000 listing price WAS much cheaper than everyone else )The add can be in the low 60s FIRM it does not matter because anyone truely interested will still try to lowball into the 50s

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your not giving it away no one is going to buy it. I am selling a custom pro touring camaro that I have over $130k into for $50k. I know its a totaly different car but things are real bad and people are getting deals done with low ball offers.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your not giving it away no one is going to buy it. I am selling a custom pro touring camaro that I have over $130k into for $50k. I know its a totaly different car but things are real bad and people are getting deals done with low ball offers.
VERY well put and 100% correct