Guys what about an SRT ACCENT PANEL DIFFUSER for rear bumper?

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love my viper, but iv always felt the 2003-2005 biggest weakness has been the rear..

i have a black viper so iv thought of ways of making the back look nicer.. unfortenatly i cant afford jeff lamke upgrade..

i saw these and thought looked pretty good? maybe painted an opposite of your car is? so this one is black on a red viper.. so on mine it would be red on my black viper..

anyway its very cheap to do.. few hundred bucks.. and it makes the back a little more aggressive looking.

Here a picture.. let me know what you guys think.
[media]http://shop.xvipers.com/images/1229395251878-1526045733.BMP[/media]

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my style....

IMHO the srt10 vert rear is very agressive.

-wide low rear that swallows up that low slung black fabric top

-the rear lip and brake lights flow elegantly

-the rear difusser looks almost jet planeish

Especially considering this is a convertable the rear is very nicely done. The only time you arent gonna truly see how nice it is...is when it's parked next to a coupe

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check this out....really they are pretty much the same exact car....

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here an old pic on my black Vert...I like how it finishes it off

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hank i think that looks awesome! can anyone here whose good at photoshop edit that to look red? id love to see how that looks..

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine done in contrasting Silver with 2 extra diffusers added under the bumper to match the accent panel. A single pic does not well represent the dramatic effect the car now has when viewed in motion going down the road.

Here is a before pic

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
silver that looks amazing!! i have a black srt as well.. im thinking about either putting 1 red acr strip on it.. or double white strips on it like you have except silver id put white
but i think i diffenetly want this rear thing on my car

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the way I see it is it's like this..The car came out in 2003 at 83K and people were paying 90K plus to get them..Even 4 years later in 2007 a 2003 was a 5--60K car..

2003 and 2005 and 2006 all the same desighn..

2008 and 2009 and 2010 still the same...

The desighn is good. A srt10 vert rear is much nicer than a rt10 rear and is a major step in the right direction....Nothing really looks good next to a coupe rear...

Imagine if the verts had the coupe rear..would anyone really want a coupe?????? I wouldnt...

But the way it is you can have the awesome coupe rear OR the top down vert...You gotta make that choice...Im sure wich ever you have their willbe times you wish you had the other

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i gotta be honest i disagree with everything you said above there twister..

the gen 4 hood and rear LOOK MUCH better then the gen 3.. its my humble oponion but if i could have afforded it i would have bought a convert gen 4..

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro am I missing somthing..The gen3 vert and the gen4 vert have exactly the same rear???????RIGHT....

The hood is differant. Other than that the same exact car..

And the more I look at the difusser inserts and see how it matches the difusser plates..Heck I might get them too

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
i love my viper, but iv always felt the 2003-2005 biggest weakness has been the rear..

i have a black viper so iv thought of ways of making the back look nicer.. unfortenatly i cant afford jeff lamke upgrade..

i saw these and thought looked pretty good? maybe painted an opposite of your car is? so this one is black on a red viper.. so on mine it would be red on my black viper..

anyway its very cheap to do.. few hundred bucks.. and it makes the back a little more aggressive looking.

Here a picture.. let me know what you guys think.
[media]http://shop.xvipers.com/images/1229395251878-1526045733.BMP[/media]

This closely resembles a toaster.:lmao:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B.
tell me about the rear diffuser in the vert. Is it carbon fiber? 3 blades?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the way I see it is it's like this..The car came out in 2003 at 83K and people were paying 90K plus to get them..Even 4 years later in 2007 a 2003 was a 5--60K car..

2003 and 2005 and 2006 all the same desighn..

2008 and 2009 and 2010 still the same...

The desighn is good. A srt10 vert rear is much nicer than a rt10 rear and is a major step in the right direction....Nothing really looks good next to a coupe rear...

Imagine if the verts had the coupe rear..would anyone really want a coupe?????? I wouldnt...

But the way it is you can have the awesome coupe rear OR the top down vert...You gotta make that choice...Im sure wich ever you have their willbe times you wish you had the other

Twister, are you high? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro am I missing somthing..The gen3 vert and the gen4 vert have exactly the same rear???????RIGHT....

The hood is differant. Other than that the same exact car..

And the more I look at the difusser inserts and see how it matches the difusser plates..Heck I might get them too

The gen 3 conv and gen 4 conv rear look the same? really?

man i know a lot less about vipers then i thought i did.. my mistake

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon B.
tell me about the rear diffuser in the vert. Is it carbon fiber? 3 blades?

Do you mean the small rear insert? (Not the full-undertray?)

The small insert is plastic, satin black, as shown above, adhesive install. They DO match the alignment of the OE diffuser blades below it. They look great in body-color or in black. The pic below, they appear painted to match his stripes:

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JohnB..Please tell me you have more pics of that undertray difusser

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im diffenetly ordering this, but id really like to see what it would look like red on my black car..