Hand Held Programmers

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As many of you know DC Performance has long been one of a few companies capable of tuning the JTEC controllers used in the Viper, Viper truck and other Dodge product. In the past we have either programmed your computer or sold you a new one. Now thanks to the aftermarket we can provide you with a hand held flash programmer that will allow you to put our DC flash into your car, without buying a new computer or sending us yours. It even gets better, here are some more features:

1. You can have up to three tunes in the hand tool, which you can select,
Pump gas, Race gas or Valet. You can even put your program back to
stock if you wish.

2. There may be some end user availability, rev limit, speed limit, timing etc.
This is not confirmed yet. There may also be some data logging capability.

Soon software will be available for many shops to tune these vehicles. What will set DC Performance apart from others are our many years of previous knowledge and the ability to give the best calibration. Our pricing will be very competitive.

We will be one of the first to offer this, please stay tuned for more information.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many of you know DC Performance has long been one of a few companies capable of tuning the JTEC controllers used in the Viper, Viper truck and other Dodge product. In the past we have either programmed your computer or sold you a new one. Now thanks to the aftermarket we can provide you with a hand held flash programmer that will allow you to put our DC flash into your car, without buying a new computer or sending us yours. It even gets better, here are some more features:

1. You can have up to three tunes in the hand tool, which you can select,
Pump gas, Race gas or Valet. You can even put your program back to
stock if you wish.

2. There may be some end user availability, rev limit, speed limit, timing etc.
This is not confirmed yet. There may also be some data logging capability.

Soon software will be available for many shops to tune these vehicles. What will set DC Performance apart from others are our many years of previous knowledge and the ability to give the best calibration. Our pricing will be very competitive.

We will be one of the first to offer this, please stay tuned for more information.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

This sounds like a mini-DRB scan tool that hopefully doesn't cost $8K. Please put me on your beta list!

Thanks,
Tony

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna get one. I'll put it in valet mode when my GF drives it. Even at that setting it should scare the stink off of her!!!!!!

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,,,,, When is it available... Holding out????

Man as I was going to get one of your flashed computers for my viper and now I have to wait for this.....

You guys are killing me... :)

Joe

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
subscribing. Who is the manufacturer? SCT? Will this be available for the upcoming Challenger as well?

SCT is supposed to be releasing these next week. Diablo should be soon to follow, at least for HEMI powered vehicles.

I don't know about the Challenger, but I would imagine they will support it in the future.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the interest; we will be able to release pricing and more specific information in the next two weeks. With any new product, we want to make sure that we test it fully before the release.

Here are some answers to your questions:

1.For those of you that have our flash currently, we will offer you the new hand held flash
Programmer with our new flash options (including your program) at the price of the flash
Programmer only. This way you will not have to pay twice for the program.

2.Pricing will be consistent with our current calibrations, but the flash programmer will be
included.

3.You will still have the option of programming your controller or purchasing a new one.

4. This product is sold for "off road use only", which makes the ability to change from
performance mode a benefit. Basically, you will have a road and track option.

I will keep everyone informed as we move forward. Exact pricing and option will be announced shortly.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the interest; we will be able to release pricing and more specific information in the next two weeks. With any new product, we want to make sure that we test is fully before the release.

Here are some answers to your questions:

1.For those of you that have our flash currently, we will offer you the new hand held flash
Programmer with our new flash options (including your program) at the price of the flash
Programmer only. This way you will not have to pay twice for the program.

2.Pricing will be consistent with our current calibrations, but the flash programmer will be
included.

3.You will still have the option of programming your controller or purchasing a new one.

4. This product is sold for "off road use only", which makes the ability to change from
to performance mode a benefit. Basically, you will have a road and track option.

I will keep everyone informed as we move forward. Exact pricing and option will be announced shortly.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

Do you need mud grips for off-roading in a Viper?

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This sounds awesome.
My 97GTS is stock with no cats,what horse power gains would I get?

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm Very interested. I was going to bring my car out there for you in the month or so, so this may be a great option.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you tell me! Seriously, so for those of us who have your reflashed computer, you are saying with this controller we can quickly put the stock programming back in and vice-versa. This prevents us from having to put the stock computer back on. What I like is that if this is true, then I won't have to worry when taking the Viper to the dealer in fear of losing my expensive tune to the dealer mechanic inadvertently erasing my tune in diagnostic work. Dan, even though the cooler thermo is in, will this work ok with the temporary stock programming?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
included.

Dan -

Put me on the wait list for one. I'd love to be able to help program cars out here in GA and there are lots of people that love your reflash stuff.

Thanks!

JD

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the DC reflashed computer that was sent to me. That program required a 180 degree t-stat versus the stock 200.

If this handheld unit is going to allow swapping back and forth between stock programming and performance programming, I wonder how it will swap t-stats between the 180 and 200?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I ran the 180 thermostat before I installed the DC tune and it ran ok. the temp went up to 200 before the fan came o when the car was idling but on the highway it ran around 185. It did no harm to the thermostat. Then I installed the DC tune and everything was perfect. So I would say you do not need to swap out the thermostat. And by the way I took my very modified viper thru emissions with the DC tune and it passed with flying colors here in CT.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, do you plan to make a program for the '08? If so, when? I'm a customer of yours and have a new convert on order, so I'd like to be on your list, too. Reggie