handling question post wheel/tire install

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my iforged 19/20 setup and I'm running Nitto Invo 285/30/19 in the front and 345/25/20 in the rears. Prior to this I was running Kumho Ecsta stock size 17s all around. I have Eibach’s installed and I'm assuming an alignment is reccomended when going from stock 17s to my current setup? I noticed that under hard acceleration the front end seems very loose and feels as if its tracking all over the road. Very evident when I run through the gears and up past 80. Is this an alignment issue or the differance in the wheels and tires from my previous 17s?

Thanks,

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a couple of things. Did you get an alignment done after the eibach install. If you did and just changed wheels, they could be off balance. A quafie differential will help smooth things out on the acceleration. As for braking it could be a combination of things.

:usa:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Check the alignment first.

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t get an alignment after the Eibachs knowing that I was going to get these wheels soon. I think I may have found an issue. I had purchased 3 iForged Aeros and had to have the 4th one built. Long story that will be posted later but it appears the 4th wheel is almost .25 of an inch more wide at the hub. The measurement that I took has the old wheel at 2.5 inches from the rotor to the outside of the wheel and the new wheel is almost 2.75. I don’t know how much of an issue this would be in terms of handling although I’m sure it has something to do with it? I’ll get an alignment now and see what that solves if anything.

Thanks,

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you give iForged a call and ask about it before you splurge for an alignment. If the 4-wheel alignment calls for some kind of centering of the car, one end will be off. You'll be like the new NASCAR stock cars and crab around corners. (They purposely push the rear axle to the passenger side for oval races. )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te