Has anybody painted there Calipers ??

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we powdercoat them in 2 days....any color, with high temp "viper" decal go over it after...

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy the FoliaTec or G2 Caliper Paint System (I think they are the same thing) on Ebay for around $30...

I've had good luck with both. I did NOT have good luck with Hi-Temp red engine paint. I thought it would work better at higher temps, but it flaked off way too easily...

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried it on my vette & did not like it. Painting all 4 before the 2 part crap dries or thickens up is not easy. If you drip or get it on anything else forget about getting it off after it dries. Powdercoating I think would look much better IMHO.

My .02

Andy

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
I painted the calipers and rotor hats on my Z (daily driver) w/ caliper paint that I bought at an auto parts store, and it has held up very well for over a year.
If you're interested, I'll get the info for you.
If this is for your rear calipers (I assume it is), Zero Altitude Flight (ZAF) offers a caliper cover that is a lot nicer looking than the stock caliper.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I painted mine red using some VHT brand high temp caliper paint made specifically for calipers. They look very good and have held up for 2 years plus look as fresh as the day they were painted. I think the key is in the prep work. Lucky for me I was installing 4 new calipers and didn't have to worry about cleaning off grease, brake fluid, etc, etc. before I painted them. I used about 4 coats and then put some vinyl Viper emblems on the fronts. Looks gorgeous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960